Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Covid-19 Vaccination -- Have You Gotten It?

Covid-19 Vaccination -- Have You Gotten It?

Old Jan 17th 2021, 11:37 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Covid-19 Vaccination -- Have You Gotten It?

I was very lucky to get a call on Friday from the clinic asking if I still wanted the vaccination. My appointment was yesterday and I got the first dose of Moderna and will have the second on February 13th.

Here in MS, you can either call or log into your Iris account (patient portal) and make the appointment through that. When I went in on Wednesday, the site proclaimed that there was no vaccine remaining and they would not be taking appointments until mid-February. I then got the call on Friday. Guess little brother knows who logs into their Iris account because I never actually had the opportunity to 'ask' for the vaccination.

The arm was sore yesterday and is better today. They keep you in the waiting area for 15 minutes to be sure that you have no adverse reaction to the vaccine. Was actually quite quick and easy.
Old Jan 18th 2021, 3:11 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccination -- Have You Gotten It?

Originally Posted by Rete
I was very lucky to get a call on Friday from the clinic asking if I still wanted the vaccination. My appointment was yesterday and I got the first dose of Moderna and will have the second on February 13th.

Here in MS, you can either call or log into your Iris account (patient portal) and make the appointment through that. When I went in on Wednesday, the site proclaimed that there was no vaccine remaining and they would not be taking appointments until mid-February. I then got the call on Friday. Guess little brother knows who logs into their Iris account because I never actually had the opportunity to 'ask' for the vaccination.

The arm was sore yesterday and is better today. They keep you in the waiting area for 15 minutes to be sure that you have no adverse reaction to the vaccine. Was actually quite quick and easy.
Congratulations! I'm glad you got it so easily. Good to hear about the few side effects as well
It seems that Texas ( or my part of Texas) is not so easy. Every list i have tried to put us on is either full and closed ot they are not scheduled for anymore vaccines for now. Our County is not even a hub anymore so we will have to travel at least 50 miles into Houston or further to be vaccinated.

Hopefully when the Johnson& Johnson vaccine is approved things will get better and also hopefully more pharmacies will be able to give the vaccine. But in the meantime we will stay in our compound away from everyone!

Old Jan 18th 2021, 4:34 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't gotten it. If I am lucky maybe by June, depends how much of a set back the 4 week reduction in deliveries from Pfizer will take, they are currently the primary supplier, general public of any age isn't eligible yet anyhow here.

Currently no way for the general public to register or get on a wait list, don't even know how they plan to do it for the general public yet. But at least through March the timeline only shows specific targeted groups being eligible.
Old Jan 18th 2021, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Norri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond repute

Got my Pfizer vaccine last week, the memsahib is a teacher so I scheduled her shot, when I took her down they asked if I wanted it too so of course I said go for it,
It was the most painless jag I ever had, but apparently the second dose can carry some side effects.
We got an email to schedule dose 2 but I'm fighting tech gremlins with that so far.
Old Jan 18th 2021, 1:51 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Sis in Florida is having the same problem, Sugarmooma. She's been trying to get an appointment for weeks and nothing is open. They apparently, in her district at least, are not even going by age or medical health condition.

Yes, I head that the second dose has side effects. Both Pfizer and Moderna apparently are the same in that respect.

P.S. At least the J&J vaccination is a one shot deal.
Old Jan 18th 2021, 3:31 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

On January 13 State of California announced Tier 1B availability. So, I made an appointment for next week. The portal allowed appointment I guess based on age. Then it has been announced that Counties determine eligibility. And LA County says still 1A only and is converting super testing sites ( e.g. Dodger Stadium) to super vaccination sites, but limited to Tier 1A.

Questions abound if the prior appointments will be honored. It seems that practice has been “don’t ask, don’t tell.” We’ll see.
Old Jan 18th 2021, 3:56 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Scheduled to get my second dose of Pfizer on Wednesday.

Pays to work in healthcare sometimes.
Old Jan 18th 2021, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

BennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBall has a reputation beyond repute

Over in the U.K. I have parents both in their eighties, my Mother has received both Pfizer shots, one a week before Christmas and again last week. My Father was initially told that due to a Penicillin allergy he would have to wait for the Oxford vaccine but we learned today that he will receive his first shot next week.
over here in Virginia, my Spouse at 74 and waiting for guidance, the local surgery has no information yet and although the Virginia Health website is full of practical information on who falls in line first and so on, no solid information on where to go and when to go there ..... therefore a waiting game and lets keep doing what we should be. !
Old Jan 19th 2021, 1:36 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing in my Chicago suburb yet. I think they must be doing the frontline workers, but no system for everyone else is apparent yet. I don't have any priority, but OH does.
Old Jan 19th 2021, 1:46 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

In DC they have a formal registration process like other places, but at the end of the day if someone didn't show and there is leftover vaccine opened in the pharmacy, they go "if there is anyone in the store who wants a shot before closing please come to the pharmacy". They don't want to waste a drop.
Old Jan 19th 2021, 5:44 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinsix
In DC they have a formal registration process like other places, but at the end of the day if someone didn't show and there is leftover vaccine opened in the pharmacy, they go "if there is anyone in the store who wants a shot before closing please come to the pharmacy". They don't want to waste a drop.
There was an uproar in BC where I am a couple weeks ago over hospital admin staff getting the vaccine when there is such a limited supply, turns out the only reason the admin staff received it as there was left overs and they didn't want to waste it so they administered some of the vaccine to admin staff rather than have it go wasted.
Old Jan 20th 2021, 10:49 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
On January 13 State of California announced Tier 1B availability. So, I made an appointment for next week. The portal allowed appointment I guess based on age. Then it has been announced that Counties determine eligibility. And LA County says still 1A only and is converting super testing sites ( e.g. Dodger Stadium) to super vaccination sites, but limited to Tier 1A.

Questions abound if the prior appointments will be honored. It seems that practice has been “don’t ask, don’t tell.” We’ll see.
With the opening of Tier 1B in Los Angeles County, I was able to make a drive in appointment for Dodger Stadium for this evening. Curiously, the appointment I had made mentioned above was unilaterally cancelled - I found out it was due to the bad batch of Moderna.
Old Jan 20th 2021, 11:55 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

We are both 70, and in rural New York State. We booked via the state system, our appointments are on the 29th, next Friday. They are in the field house of the state college, about 20 miles away. Friends have booked at local pharmacies - they have a different system, separate from the state gateway. We also know a couple of people who got the shot as healthcare workers, and they got theirs in a local hospital - yet another, unrelated, system. So in NYS there are at least three pathways to get the COVID shot.
Old Jan 21st 2021, 11:52 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Joint are all a little sore this morning after receiving round 2 of Pfizer.

Nothing an aleeve didn't mitigate though.
Old Jan 21st 2021, 1:41 pm
Concierge

Thanks for the update, CS. I'm following your progress so I know more or less what to expect in 3 weeks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.