Cornish Pasty?

Old Mar 21st 2009, 2:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cornish Pasty?

Originally Posted by Chrissywissy100
I completely agree!! Real cheddar is the way to go (in most cases) with maybe the exception of ocassional wendsleydale with cranberries, and brie. I dont like the "american" cheddar so much. 1. Cheese should not ever be ORANGE or 2. smell like farts (unless its a soft or blue cheese), hence why in our house US cheddar is known as fart cheese. we get funny looks off our friends for that! And they dont get why we love branston so much either.. I have to agree withthem on one thing.. it doesnt exactly look appealing does it! Brown smoosh with lumps in!
I think that is why I stopped eating cheese, I just haven't found one here that I like. Occasionally, I will buy jarlsberg, but that is about it. I like the sandwich branston, more like chopped up than lumpy
Old Mar 21st 2009, 2:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
I get my cheese from http://www.igourmet.com/

If you like a good pub cheese, try the Black Mountain, I like it as much as Cotswold.

I used to get good cheese from the supermarket but that went downhill so I pay not much more for these.

Igourmet sends a $5.00 coupon for your next buy, to be used within about a month. I order one thing, then more when I get the coupon.
Sounds like a plan, thank you hun
Old Mar 21st 2009, 3:36 am
Pedantic Moron

Michelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishtart
I think that is why I stopped eating cheese, I just haven't found one here that I like. Occasionally, I will buy jarlsberg, but that is about it. I like the sandwich branston, more like chopped up than lumpy
Try a cheese from a manufacturer called Cabot. Pretty close to British cheddar and available in any Meijers. The full strength stuff is good, and the half fat is good as well. The only thing the half fat is no good for is cheese on toast.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

Floridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Michelmas
Try a cheese from a manufacturer called Cabot. Pretty close to British cheddar and available in any Meijers. The full strength stuff is good, and the half fat is good as well. The only thing the half fat is no good for is cheese on toast.
We have it in Sams club here too, Cabot sharp. A guy that comes in my Restaurant just bought me some Amish Cheese. OMG it was fantastic, just like Creamy Cheddar Cheese. So he's bringing me some more, as I gave him a jar of Branston Pickle, and a jar of Pickled Onions, which he loved!

Oooooh, crusty warm fresh bread, Anchor Butter (spread very thick) Mature Cheddar Cheese, with either raw onion, or Branston Pickle. Used to be a Saturday lunchtime treat in Blighty when I was a kid!!
Old Mar 21st 2009, 12:23 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Floridared
We have it in Sams club here too, Cabot sharp. A guy that comes in my Restaurant just bought me some Amish Cheese. OMG it was fantastic, just like Creamy Cheddar Cheese. So he's bringing me some more, as I gave him a jar of Branston Pickle, and a jar of Pickled Onions, which he loved!

Oooooh, crusty warm fresh bread, Anchor Butter (spread very thick) Mature Cheddar Cheese, with either raw onion, or Branston Pickle. Used to be a Saturday lunchtime treat in Blighty when I was a kid!!
That's what we ate when we played Newmarket all afternoon at my grandma's.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 1:09 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Floridared

now your making me crave my Nana'a homemade cheese and onion plate pie...
Old Apr 16th 2009, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

agima is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.britgrocery.com sells Cornish Pasties, bacon, pies, sausages and all the usual stuff.

And... <gasp> yorkshire puds... I feel a roast coming on....
Old Apr 16th 2009, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

ldobson will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Myer's of Keswick (which is in New York City) makes Cornish pasties and will post them anywhere in the US:

http://www.myersofkeswick.com/Home.html

http://www.myersofkeswick.com/Products/Products.html (scroll to bottom of the page re; shipping info)

Enjoy!
Yes, Still open, I just ordered cornish pasties, sausage rolls, sausages, beef and onion pies and chicken/mushroom pies. You can phone, fax or email your order, and they ship FedEx overnight, got them today!!!
Old Apr 16th 2009, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

Haldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ldobson
Yes, Still open, I just ordered cornish pasties, sausage rolls, sausages, beef and onion pies and chicken/mushroom pies. You can phone, fax or email your order, and they ship FedEx overnight, got them today!!!
OMIGOD I went to their products lists and tears literally fell all over my laptop!
Just reading the lists made me feel homesick for the first time since I emigrated in 2003.
I can never return to England now but I sure will be ordering from Myers, the next best thing to a shopping trip round Sainsbury's! Can't wait for the next pension to arrive.
But where can I get a brown ale served warm? Why does everything have to have ice? They put so much ice in a whisky that the taste has gone diluted in 2 minutes!
Old Apr 16th 2009, 11:05 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ldobson
Oh, I am so excited. PORK PIES, I have been craving one for weeks, ooh and cumberland sausages. I can get hold of chocolate and things really easily here, but meat is out of the question (apart from bacon).

I was so excited I made a loud gasping noise in the office, which in turn has just forced me to try and explain what a pork pie is. I think I lost her when I said you need to eat it with a pickled onion.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 11:05 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agima
http://www.britgrocery.com sells Cornish Pasties, bacon, pies, sausages and all the usual stuff.

And... <gasp> yorkshire puds... I feel a roast coming on....
You could make your own Yorkshire Puds, that taste real rather...
Old Apr 16th 2009, 11:06 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Haldaman
Why does everything have to have ice? They put so much ice in a whisky that the taste has gone diluted in 2 minutes!
Errrr....ever thought to order it 'straight up'?
Old Apr 16th 2009, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

Haldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ironporer
Errrr....ever thought to order it 'straight up'?
Down here in East NC I have enough trouble making the barperson understand "Large whisky with no ice" let alone anything else that might be misunderstood!
Old Apr 16th 2009, 11:19 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Haldaman
But where can I get a brown ale served warm?
Bridgeport Brewing brewpub.
Road trip!