Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Cornavirus ... Have You Tested Positive or Negative?

Cornavirus ... Have You Tested Positive or Negative?

Old Dec 9th 2020, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

vespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cornavirus ... Have You Tested Positive or Negative?

I was expecting it to be unpleasant too because I remembered President Trump said it was very unpleasant. But it wasn't, it was definitely less unpleasant than an injection, so I thought maybe the person who did it on President Trump deliberately made it unpleasant for him!
Old Dec 9th 2020, 12:39 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vespucci
I was expecting it to be unpleasant too because I remembered President Trump said it was very unpleasant. But it wasn't, it was definitely less unpleasant than an injection, so I thought maybe the person who did it on President Trump deliberately made it unpleasant for him!
I do hope so.
Old Dec 9th 2020, 12:55 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by vespucci
I have to say that I really do hope so --- right up the 'arris too.
Old Dec 9th 2020, 2:14 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
I felt practically nothing. Except stupid for allowing myself to get wound up over it. Total thing took less than 20 seconds and left me wondering what the fuss was about.
Usually that's the way it goes.
Old Dec 9th 2020, 5:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

My wife's family all tested positive back in early October (mother in law is a RN) and a few days before she tested positive, I went on a hunting/scouting trip with her husband and we slept in my truck for 2 nights in pretty close proximity.

I'm pretty certain I've already had it, I had an anti-body test here in Denver in early September and it came back as inconclusive. I was pretty ill with cold/flu like symptoms around my Birthday (25th July) and more so than anything the fatigue didn't subside for about two weeks after the initial illness. I was unable to get a test as I 'didn't fit the criteria' - 29, no health risks etc.
Old Dec 9th 2020, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Whoever compared it to the feeling of water up the nose, yeah, that was pretty accurate. Not one of my more pleasant experiences though. Just wait for the result now.
Old Dec 9th 2020, 7:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter and her 6 year old got tested Sunday...negative. The little one was coughing and sniffling Saturday. New rules for school children have just gone into effect in Toronto. If a child has sniffles, coughs...really any symptoms linked to a cold/allergies...the child and siblings must be tested or they must all stay away from school for 14 days.
Old Jan 12th 2021, 9:42 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Had the cotton bud up the nose this afternoon as I got back from the seasonal schlep to NM yesterday afternoon (left in younger son's idiosyncratic Land Rover on Friday lunchtime, arrived Albuquerque Sun evening, flew out again at crack of duck-fart yesterday morning). Can't go back into work until I receive a negative test result even though being tested today after transiting 4 airports yesterday (ABQ-DFQ-PHL-SCE) is too soon to know if I picked it up en route. We were careful and minimised contact as we travelled across PA, OH, IN, IL, MO, KS, OK, TX and finally NM. I am so glad he is in his final semester and is looking at grad school closer to home.
Old Jan 17th 2021, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

4 pages since November and no-one's tested positive?

I got tested last Wednesday, had to blow my snozzer and then the nurse swabbed just the lower part of both nostrils, no discomfort. The testing place was quiet, I was only the second vehicle in the queue but the clinic was in the middle of nowhere. I think most in the county head to the small hospital a few miles down the road, their site has apparently been slammed.

Results came back positive this morning.

Symptoms have been weird. No fever but it took a while to shake the chills and shakes. Couple of mornings with a sore throat but not too uncomfortable and didn't last more than a few hours. Head pain has been annoying, feels like someone's trying to yank my optic nerves through the back of my head. Nausea in the pit of my stomach has made eating an unpleasant experience, no loss of taste or smell. I haven't been fatigued but laid up in bed for most of the time since my test on Wednesday with a severe case of the can't be arsed's - similar to the total apathy that comes with depression, but without being depressed, I have felt thirsty at times during the day but even with liquid less than twelve inches from my head couldn't be bothered to reach out and grab a drink. No breathing issues, which is handy considering the abuse my lungs took when I was a smoker.
Old Jan 17th 2021, 11:31 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Those symptoms are similar to what my husband experienced. Intermittent fever, headaches, nausea, thirsty but very very tired. Now it appears that the virus is attacking his joints and given him a rash similar to shingles on his legs. He also never lost his sense of smell or taste, just didn't want to eat because his stomach was out of whack.

Are you going to see the doctor for meds? His doctor prescribed horse pills that were quite expensive even with a drug plan. But they did help.
Old Jan 17th 2021, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Those symptoms are similar to what my husband experienced. Intermittent fever, headaches, nausea, thirsty but very very tired. Now it appears that the virus is attacking his joints and given him a rash similar to shingles on his legs. He also never lost his sense of smell or taste, just didn't want to eat because his stomach was out of whack.

Are you going to see the doctor for meds? His doctor prescribed horse pills that were quite expensive even with a drug plan. But they did help.
I haven't seen a quack yet. Interesting about the rash, I've had a rash come up to the right side of my navel, it's ok if I ignore it but if I scratch it it's proper tender.

EDIT: All the best to your hubby, wishing him a speedy recovery.
Old Jan 18th 2021, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

cheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond repute

I tested positive last week along with the girlfriend. Was absolutely livid the first few days because I’ve made it this far, being as safe as possible, always wearing my mask and staying away from others etc. Then some **** that works with my girlfriend brought it into her place of work and the knock on effect is crazy.

A lot of the people she works with got it and then took it home to their families who also then got it. If anyone wonders why I’m i’m so angry at this person, it’s because they are the type that don’t care and are always going over to see friends and family.

Anyhow, my symptoms have been mild but weirdly they keep changing. I’ve had days where I’m feeling ok and I’m thinking hey I’m starting to kick this. Then the next morning I’ll wake up and I’ll have muscle aches but the headache is gone.

I’m quarantined till Saturday, I hope I get better before then so I can get back to work and maybe enjoy the first bit of time off I’ve had in ages.

for those that tested positive, how long did it take you to overcome it?
Old Jan 19th 2021, 6:17 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

My test came back negative today so I am now back in work. I too would be livid if I caught it via a don't care type, luckily where we work even those who are/were sceptical about the whole thing have been following the rules while in work, and HR are being strict about exclusions when necessary.

All the best to those who have it - get well soon!
Old Jan 19th 2021, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

DH tested negative about 2 weeks ago. They had to be tested before they were allowed back to work after the Christmas holidays. He doesn't go out the house, unless he really needs to, so it was no surprise he tested negative. It was a drive up self test at a local pharmacy. I will get tested if I feel a bit off, but so far, so good.
Old Jan 20th 2021, 10:47 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

My wife tested negative last week, that was the first test she has had.

I am scheduled to receive my second dose of Pfizer later today, and it continues to make me feel guilty as hell that I can't get it for her too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.