Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Cornavirus ... Have You Tested Positive or Negative?

Cornavirus ... Have You Tested Positive or Negative?

Old Nov 25th 2020, 7:01 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cornavirus ... Have You Tested Positive or Negative?

You don't need a symptom in GA now, but you certainly did in March/April/May.
Old Nov 25th 2020, 7:28 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Our kids have been tested prior to returning to school (and will be tested again after Thanksgiving).

There is a good Reddit for positive tested persons to share "been there done that" stories

https://www.reddit.com/r/COVID19positive/
Old Nov 26th 2020, 4:59 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I am going to call tomorrow and do a phone screening with a nurse (can't just go get tested, have to phone screen and then get an appointment, only 1 testing location where I live.) but I have had this cough for about a week, and ffs its horrendous tonight, feel fine otherwise though.

Old Nov 29th 2020, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

I've had a negative test. Turned out to be strep throat.

Also I've started taking medicine for allergies. Generally I'd just ride them out, but my nurse wife was nagging me to death when she's see me sneeze or cough.
Old Dec 3rd 2020, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

jjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't needed to be tested yet but it seems to be coming closer to home, now that thanksgiving is over and the end of year festivities are approaching. My youngest daughter, who doesn't live with us, discovered her partner's aunt tested positive today. She was in the aunt's company on Thanksgiving and the day after. She rang the testing center and they said not to come along unless she has symptoms but to isolate for the next 2 weeks. Her partner who works at a big hospital as a pharmacy tech in the pediatrics unit, has been told to report to work as normal As both are in their 30's they might well be asymptomatic. My son who is an apprentice electrician and lives with us, has been send to construction site where no one is wearing masks unless they know someone official is coming along, ie the CEO this morning. He is understandably concerned as I have underlying health issues as does his eldest sister who is living with us, since being laid off by the State in May. Plus, of course, my DH who although healthy (not even high blood pressure) is part of 'at the at risk' age group. So he is self isolating in his room while he is at this job. Apparently, the construction site next to this one, is almost on a 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off situation as they have had so many covid violations and positive cases. .In his prior location, he was working for Dell where they were constantly watched over. He is obviously wearing his mask but didn't want to report the violations, in case it led to retaliations. He saw that happen to his sister.

Last edited by jjmb; Dec 3rd 2020 at 4:41 pm.
Old Dec 4th 2020, 3:57 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Negative, but still sick with something. I slept to nearly 1pm today I was so exhausted.
Old Dec 4th 2020, 4:42 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I have not been or needed a test.

Husband was tested last May after developing a sore throat ( which he often had due to his trade work) . He is with civil defence so of concern but got tested following a routine health check through his , then, employment.
Negative.
Old Dec 4th 2020, 12:24 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
Tested negative the other day (no symptoms but possible exposure for work).

Bored with this shit now... Bring on the vaccine. Can't wait.

This.

Not been tested - no symptoms and no known exposure since I now work from home and don't do anything very much except go for walks where there are few to no people anywhere even vaguely close to me and to the supermarket. The Little Lion was tested in Portsmouth in early summer by the uni since they were testing all students. Negative. Nurse complained about navigating his deviated septum.
Old Dec 4th 2020, 12:43 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Being the spouse of a victim of C-19, be cautious when talking even with neighbors. Thankfully, he hasn't had to be hospitalized but the virus did him in with fatigue, aches and pains, loss of appetite, chest congestion and sinus and ear infections. Where did he catch it? Most probably from a helpful neighbor who at the end of their quarantine, came over to rake our back 40 (yes, the OM had to go out and talk with him, needed to socialize) and help with some household emergencies.
Old Dec 4th 2020, 1:04 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sense of smell seems to be key and I suppose I self test to make sure I still have that, no testing in my County bit you can get ot for free if you drive an hour.
Old Dec 4th 2020, 1:44 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

I've yet to be tested, or have a need to be. How the hell I've made it this far without catching it I don't know, but knock on my head that continues.

I did have chronic bronchitis back in February, and somewhere along the way I've developed seasonal allergies that make my sinuses drain like you wouldn't believe, which also mimic a lot of covid symptoms, but I have had no fevers or cough beyond the bronchitis, luckily.
Old Dec 7th 2020, 5:15 pm
Sad old Crinkly Member

excpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond repute

3 tests here.
Part of my University testing regime.
Test in the morning, results by 1pm.
They run their own testing facility and lab.

All neg thankfully. Wear masks religiously and plenty of washing of hands ect.

Saying all that a cousin in Aus and a good friend here in Fl passed away this past week from covid.

Old Dec 8th 2020, 12:30 am
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

2 cops at work have steered positive. I had contact with both, so getting tested Wednesday morning. Should get the result later that day. Can’t return to work until I get a negative result. Was hoping I’d be able to avoid getting a javelin sized swab rammed up my nose. I guess not.
Old Dec 8th 2020, 1:08 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by markonline1
2 cops at work have steered positive. I had contact with both, so getting tested Wednesday morning. Should get the result later that day. Can’t return to work until I get a negative result. Was hoping I’d be able to avoid getting a javelin sized swab rammed up my nose. I guess not.
The nose test I had in summer wasn't so bad, the swab was a lot smaller than I thought, it was about 60 seconds of discomfort in total.
Old Dec 8th 2020, 2:08 am
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
The nose test I had in summer wasn't so bad, the swab was a lot smaller than I thought, it was about 60 seconds of discomfort in total.
Ha. I freak out at any medical procedure, so I’m sure I’ll build myself up into a right old state by the time I arrive for the test LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.