Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Contacting Barclaycard Customer Services from the USA

Contacting Barclaycard Customer Services from the USA

Old May 9th 2007, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute
Question Contacting Barclaycard Customer Services from the USA

Any Barclaycard credit card customers had luck contacting Customer Services from the USA?

Just called twice to CS using the 1604 no. but each time, the call got dropped. During the first call, I asked where the rep was physically located and he said India. This is most likely the reason why I can't finish a call with CS. I call a UK no. which automatically gets transferred to India...

Maybe you guys know the answer. I have a Barclaycard but it expired in 2006. I have not received a replacement and I'll be back in the UK in less than 2 weeks time. How do I get a replacement card ASAP? Calling CS is not working because the line quality is so poor and the calls get dropped. I got as far as answering the security question but I don't know if my answer was heard.

Could I get issued a card for pick up at a branch instead?
Old May 9th 2007, 2:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Contacting Barclaycard Customer Services from the USA

Originally Posted by Celsius View Post
Any Barclaycard credit card customers had luck contacting Customer Services from the USA?

Just called twice to CS using the 1604 no. but each time, the call got dropped. During the first call, I asked where the rep was physically located and he said India. This is most likely the reason why I can't finish a call with CS. I call a UK no. which automatically gets transferred to India...

Maybe you guys know the answer. I have a Barclaycard but it expired in 2006. I have not received a replacement and I'll be back in the UK in less than 2 weeks time. How do I get a replacement card ASAP? Calling CS is not working because the line quality is so poor and the calls get dropped. I got as far as answering the security question but I don't know if my answer was heard.

I doubt it. I wanted a new pin no for my Nat West Visa CC when I was in the UK. They told me it has to be sent to the address on file...I would think the same would apply to a CC.
Old May 9th 2007, 2:06 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celsius View Post

probably yes, I know with HSBC you can at least...and email them?

I've had issues ringing bank, but via email had card issues sorted, don't know about getting it sorted within 2 weeks though.
Old May 9th 2007, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob View Post
probably yes, I know with HSBC you can at least...and email them?

I've had issues ringing bank, but via email had card issues sorted, don't know about getting it sorted within 2 weeks though.
I emailed Barclaycard since writing to earlier post. I got an automated response saying I'll get a personal response within 3 business days! Not good. It could be less than a week before I arrive in the UK if they don't get their act together.
Old May 9th 2007, 4:44 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Have you called using something like Skype? Maybe because it has no location the call would go through.
Old May 9th 2007, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

We lost our card when on holiday in the US. Tried the CS number and couldn't get through. Called the
Barclaycard Card Benefits helpline - for any queries on any of the card benefits in the card benefit range 0870 154 0101
If calling from abroad dial +44 1619 5352 54.

Said whoops we have dialed the wrong number can you put us through to the correct department which they did. Try giving that a go.
Old May 10th 2007, 2:50 pm
thanks for all the fish !

Richardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud of

I'd cancel the card and go with a company that isn't full of incompetent morons. These ba5tards ruined my credit in the UK for 2 years by sheer stupidity.

Capital One have been really great to me however !