Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

College football season starts!

College football season starts!

Old Sep 1st 2014, 2:14 am
BE Forum Addict

steveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: College football season starts!

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I'm with you all the way there Bob.

The best thing about living near a college with a popular sports program is that home games empty out the nearby Lowes and Home Depots when they're playing. Unfortunately I don't live near a college with a popular sports program.
On the other hand, allegedly here 150,000 people arrive in town for the match. Fortunately HD and Lowes are in the opposite direction from most of them.

Steve
Old Sep 1st 2014, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Clemson, by default as my good lady is a firm fan (as are all of her family) so it seems rude not to!!!

I was introduced to the game on my trip last winter and found it quite enjoyable (and extremely easy to pick up the rules very quickly) unlike 'proper' football (that's soccer to you Americans) which bores me to tears.

Whilst on the topic of college football, does anyone know of a site that I can livestream the games in the UK without:
a) paying for them (I'm a tight wad!) and
b) not have to download a new browser bar or other rubbish for the 'privilege'?
Old Sep 1st 2014, 6:37 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Wiziwig.tv | Live sports schedules. Watch free streams and the best sports events live on your pc.

If it's not listed there, it's probably not televised.

Acestream, can't be chromecast, but works a treat on desktop and Android. Flash can be chromecast but quality really does range from meh to fantastic. I don't use any of the other stream types.
Old Sep 1st 2014, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Wiziwig.tv | Live sports schedules. Watch free streams and the best sports events live on your pc.

If it's not listed there, it's probably not televised.

Acestream, can't be chromecast, but works a treat on desktop and Android. Flash can be chromecast but quality really does range from meh to fantastic. I don't use any of the other stream types.
Most appreciated, I wish this thread had started a few days earlier (mind you, after the bashing Clemson had in the second half perhaps it was for the best!)
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

texasbound is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MsElui
live in Texas I feel i should probably start to switch to a local team like The Longorns or Aggies.
Got the same dilemma. Been in DFW for 9 months now and need to decide who to follow!
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 10:34 pm
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Sheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond repute

Go Cocks! Seems a little strange saying that sometimes, but we also 'shag' a lot here! :-)
Attached Thumbnails College football season starts!-gc.jpg  
Old Sep 5th 2014, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

Dally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zzrmark
Clemson, by default as my good lady is a firm fan (as are all of her family) so it seems rude not to!!!

I was introduced to the game on my trip last winter and found it quite enjoyable (and extremely easy to pick up the rules very quickly) unlike 'proper' football (that's soccer to you Americans) which bores me to tears.

Whilst on the topic of college football, does anyone know of a site that I can livestream the games in the UK without:
a) paying for them (I'm a tight wad!) and
b) not have to download a new browser bar or other rubbish for the 'privilege'?
I use the log in to my other half's cable company... BTN2Go app works on phones in UK or just log in to the cable provider on the laptop to stream online...

Husker's all the way here
Old Sep 5th 2014, 9:21 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by texasbound
Got the same dilemma. Been in DFW for 9 months now and need to decide who to follow!
you could just go Buckeyes too lol!
Old Sep 5th 2014, 10:50 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

I did enjoy the professional game last night. I am such a bandwagon jumper with the Seahawks.
Old Sep 5th 2014, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dally
BTN2Go app works on phones in UK...
App????
(I'm not big on phones, let alone 'smart' ones!!!)
Old Sep 6th 2014, 2:02 am
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
I did enjoy the professional game last night. I am such a bandwagon jumper with the Seahawks.
They looked pretty impressive, starting where they left off. I'm counting down the minutes to the Bronco's Colts game Sunday night.
Old Sep 6th 2014, 12:56 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark
App???? ......(I'm not big on phones, let alone 'smart' ones!!!)
You realise you're moving to the USA (United Smartphones of America)? The phone companies now offer very few "regular" cell phones, having apparently realised collectively that people are a captive market and if you don't offer regular cell phones they will "have to" buy a smart phone, which makes the phone companies more money.

When I upgraded a few years ago I found that there were no flip-phones, and I liked their protected keyboard and screen (preventing bum-dialing and scratches). Later I found that road atlases were unavailable, at least up to date ones, so I got a smart phone for its map function as much as anything. ...... Now I am hooked on my smart phone.

You can determine when I bought my smart phone by looking at my BE posts, after a hiatus of several years with negligible posts I started BEing again regularly just a few weeks after getting the phone.

Last edited by Pulaski; Sep 6th 2014 at 1:04 pm.
Old Sep 6th 2014, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pulaski
You realise you're moving to the USA (United Smartphones of America)? The phone companies now offer very few "regular" cell phones, having apparently realised collectively that people are a captive market and if you don't offer regular cell phones they will "have to" buy a smart phone, which makes the phone companies more money.

When I upgraded a few years ago I found that there were no flip-phones, and I liked their protected keyboard and screen (preventing bum-dialing and scratches). Later I found that road atlases were unavailable, at least up to date ones, so I got a smart phone for its map function as much as anything. ...... Now I am hooked on my smart phone.
Yup, I realise that the US is catching up the UK in Smart phone reliance!!!
One day mebbe but I'm a bit of a luddite, although I do have a laptop nowadays that does most things and is easier to use on the go as many places offer free wifi. I've also noticed that US mobile packages are absolutely bloody extortionate, my daughter has a huge data limit on her phone and pays £7 a month!!! I'd probably be lucky to find similar for less than 40$ a month, although the missus will probably rejig her contract and get a multiple number contract.