Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

closing today and stuff has arrived!

Wikiposts

closing today and stuff has arrived!

Old May 27th 2010, 1:45 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: closing today and stuff has arrived!

Originally Posted by Lazzza
He is actually there at closing just now. From what he has said, he's been there a while already. But since I have done everyhting since February onmy own, I don't care if he is there all day!

Leaving party went well, thanks.

Now I just need to get us to Glasgow on 4th June, drop off number 1 son at his new flat in the city and then off we go (without him) to Houston.

Oh yes and I have to transport 2 sofas, a wardrobe, a chest of drawers, various lamps etc.... to the Glasgow flat.

And I have to pack up the holiday cottage.

Og yeah and I am in the middle of due diligence for the sale of my business, due next Tuesday

I need a break and I am not even kidding!
...and I thought our move was complicated!

Sounds like you're up to the challenge and one hell of a project manager!
Old May 28th 2010, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
...and I thought our move was complicated!

Sounds like you're up to the challenge and one hell of a project manager!
OMG Lazza - how guilty do I feel moaning about being stressed through our move. You have got so much more to deal with that I had.

Enjoy the last few days in Scotland. I hope the move with your son to Glasgow goes smoothly and maybe then you can relax and look forward to your big move. I hope your daughter's exams went ok and that she is looking forward to the move also.

You are so lucky with your shipment. Ours took 12 weeks!!!!

Have a pleasant flight and let us know when you get here - good luck
Old May 28th 2010, 1:01 am
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bill_S
How did he manage that? Does he offer lessons? I'd love to be banned from dishwasher duty.
That is the one duty that I trust DH to do correctly. He hates it but is compliant and usually doesn't complain.
Old May 29th 2010, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

Lazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to all

Quick update. We did close on the new house and our furniture was delivered on Friday. Now OH is going through some stress trying to set up something called Direct TV. Something to do with lack of credit rating. That's his contribution to the move, so no sympathy from me.
Old May 30th 2010, 1:09 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quick update. We did close on the new house and our furniture was delivered on Friday. Now OH is going through some stress trying to set up something called Direct TV. Something to do with lack of credit rating. That's his contribution to the move, so no sympathy from me.
Ask if you can put down a security deposit.
Old May 30th 2010, 1:55 am
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Ask if you can put down a security deposit.
Direct TV is very much like Sky +

As Jerseygirl said ask to put down a deposit - we had to do this for Electric and Comcast (Cable) when we first moved over. You will get the deposit back in a few months. It's annoying but it gets the job done
Old May 30th 2010, 4:01 am
Forum Regular

Lazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to all

Ah well he can sort it out. I've done evrything else

And the packing hs started again for me. Leaving this wee house in Portknockie on Friday to travel to Glasgow.
Old May 30th 2010, 5:15 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Ah well he can sort it out. I've done evrything else

And the packing hs started again for me. Leaving this wee house in Portknockie on Friday to travel to Glasgow.
Have a great trip! You'll be here in the 100+ degree Texas heat before you know it!