Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Christmas Is Coming......Gift Ideas?

Christmas Is Coming......Gift Ideas?

Old Oct 27th 2011, 8:04 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas Is Coming......Gift Ideas?

Originally Posted by nethead
http://www.amazon.com/Littlest-Shop-...p_ob_t_title_2

I guess it would depend on how old she is?
I saw that one and the Polly Pocket one - she is 9, I think the lego one is so cool I want her to have one just as cool - may have to settle for one of those 2.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

NSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ChocolateBabz
I saw that one and the Polly Pocket one - she is 9, I think the lego one is so cool I want her to have one just as cool - may have to settle for one of those 2.
There is also a Lego "City" advent calendar - not just the Star Wars one...not very girly but still fun! :-)

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-LEGO%C2%A...ref=pd_sim_t_1

Last edited by NSBlake; Oct 27th 2011 at 8:51 pm. Reason: Inserted link
Old Nov 4th 2011, 3:37 pm
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute

Thats Star Wars one is great, I'm going to get it for hubby!!!

Of course it would be nice if he would think about things like that for me...
Old Nov 4th 2011, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mellybrown
Thats Star Wars one is great, I'm going to get it for hubby!!!

Of course it would be nice if he would think about things like that for me...
Yeah, most men aren't good at that Even dropping huge hints doesn't seem to help...
Old Nov 4th 2011, 6:49 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, most men aren't good at that Even dropping huge hints doesn't seem to help...
Then create a wish list...and post it on the fridge...

What has jumped to the top of my wish list is a car battery
Old Nov 4th 2011, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Then create a wish list...and post it on the fridge...

What has jumped to the top of my wish list is a car battery
Mmmm I have an amazon wish list and and an Etsy one both are about 3 pages long, but no one bothers looking at them! One year he did ask to give him a list of things I would like for my birthday, so I gave him a long list expecting maybe a couple of things off the list. He bought them all, but didn't bother to wrap them or give them to me on my birthday just gave them to me as they came in the post...

Sorry to hear about the car battery.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 11:17 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Mmmm I have an amazon wish list and and an Etsy one both are about 3 pages long, but no one bothers looking at them! One year he did ask to give him a list of things I would like for my birthday, so I gave him a long list expecting maybe a couple of things off the list. He bought them all, but didn't bother to wrap them or give them to me on my birthday just gave them to me as they came in the post...
Oh well...least you got the stuff I guess
Old Nov 8th 2011, 3:12 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
I'm going to record "The Night Before Christmas" for my niece's kids -- help them to remember the missing aunt! They're a bit pricey, but there's a coupon in effect after Nov 4.

http://www.hallmark.com/online/in-st...DABLESTORYBOOK
i got one in the sale last year and got my mum and dad to record it for the kids when they came over in the summer. looking forward to getting that out later on
Old Nov 8th 2011, 5:42 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about the car battery.
I hate that, my hubby is the same. He doesn't seem to get that I want him to put a little thought into it, I would never go out and buy something expensive for myself and often get the comment 'if you want that bag just go buy it and it can be your christmas present from me', and would it really kill him to just buy a couple of little things to open:curse: (actually he managed it last year, so hopefully he has learnt)

I'm not doing bad this year, although my 9 year old has no idea what she wants, and I have no idea what to buy my boss, any ideas?
Old Nov 8th 2011, 8:55 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by N1cky
...I have no idea what to buy my boss, any ideas?
Nothing...or a lump of coal...he's the boss.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 8:59 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Nothing...or a lump of coal...he's the boss.
We always buy Christmas and Birthday gifts for each other in the department(there are only 4 of us). It's nice I like it, mainly because last year my boss bought me a very lovely Kate Spade handbag
Old Nov 9th 2011, 2:50 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: Christmas Is Coming......Gift Ideas?

Originally Posted by N1cky;9721208

I hate that, my hubby is the same. He doesn't seem to get that I want him to put a little thought into it, I would never go out and buy something expensive for myself and often get the comment 'if you want that bag just go buy it and it can be your christmas present from me', and would it really kill him to just buy a couple of little things to open:curse: (actually he managed it last year, so hopefully he has learnt)
It was my sister's birthday last Sunday and her husband bought her a steam iron! Needless to say, she wasn't at all impressed
Old Nov 9th 2011, 2:56 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
I have no idea what to buy my boss, any ideas?
How about this:
Attached Thumbnails Christmas Is Coming......Gift Ideas?-dsc_0816.jpg