Wikiposts

Christmas Bonuses?

Old Dec 15th 2007, 2:08 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas Bonuses?

I have had a Christmas bonus exactly once in my working life (£1,000): the following year we didn't get one but then found out the company had bought the pub next door to the office and employees got beer discounts. That's all very well but I think most of us would have preferred the cash.
Old Dec 15th 2007, 2:43 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

I was a good boss that gave his employee's s great Christmas bonus.

I was self employed and gave myself a Chrstmas bonus of 104 days off work on the piss. However, I was also a good employee and spread those days out to 2 nights every weekend over the course of the year.

Never worked for a better boss and also regularly won the employee of the year award. Except for one year....for some reason I did the ballot late in the pub one Saturday night and the barmaid with the biggest tits won it. I was gutted.
Old Dec 15th 2007, 3:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

far from a bonus ...... I get about 3 days off without pay to go with the one thats paid ..... We then get our bonus mid January
I suppose I could save it for next year !
Old Dec 15th 2007, 4:26 am
BE Enthusiast

AlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of light

We used to get our backpay from pay negotiations in November, normally came to about £700. Last year the unions dragged out the talks to April, had a years worth of back pay at once which was nice....Unfortunately that's the nearest thing to a bonus I get...
Old Dec 15th 2007, 5:45 am
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

I've never had a xmas bonus in my life.... until this year!

we won a big long drawn out law suit and the boss gave everyone $1000!!!
Old Dec 15th 2007, 8:16 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rushman
I was a good boss that gave his employee's s great Christmas bonus.

I was self employed and gave myself a Chrstmas bonus of 104 days off work on the piss. However, I was also a good employee and spread those days out to 2 nights every weekend over the course of the year.

Never worked for a better boss and also regularly won the employee of the year award. Except for one year....for some reason I did the ballot late in the pub one Saturday night and the barmaid with the biggest tits won it. I was gutted.
You don't happen to have any pictures of her do you ? ....a telephone number ?

We get a bonus in March ....well those in the company 401K do ....the owner regularly gives each employee 10% of their gross annual earnings as a kinda profit share scheme ...
Old Dec 15th 2007, 10:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
I've never had a xmas bonus in my life.... until this year!

we won a big long drawn out law suit and the boss gave everyone $1000!!!
I had a nice surprise a few weeks ago myself. One of the sales reps I work with sent me a thank you note for my work on his account this year, with a personal check from him for $1,000. "A tangible way of expressing my thanks" he said.

Goodness - wasn't expecting that!!
Old Dec 16th 2007, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

marriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond repute

well the party, it was okay, the food was great though....and the yankee swap...well the missus got a coffee platter, so I got it because she doesn't drink coffee.

I got a nintendo belt buckle, it's huge, so I pinned it to the office wall.

The salsa and chip combo I brought in turned out to be really popular, as was the nerf gun.

A WoW figurine was also pretty popular....some real shit gifts though.

Edit: It's the bloke, just didn't log in.
Old Dec 20th 2007, 5:40 am
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

Turns out that I got a bonus after all. It's $300 but considering I only started work in October and I expected nothing then it's certainly nothing to complain about. Especially as I just spent my last pay check buying a Van to paint up like the A-Team
Old Dec 26th 2007, 5:28 am
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Christmas Bonuses?

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer
I'm sat here wondering if I'll get a Christmas bonus this year. I think it's pretty unlikely as I've only worked here 3 months and it's a small software company (3 staff, 2 of which are the owners) but was wondering if Christmas bonuses are the norm here or not. This is my first job in the US and back in the UK I worked for the MoD so even the idea of a Christmas bonus was laughable so not getting one won't put me out, though I wouldn't say no to one either
My wife did get her xmas bonus this year, not as much as last year, and even less minus tax. Still it was better than a fruit box which some employees received.

That reminds me, we have the dreaded company New Year Party coming up on January 5th, and we both have to be their. Having to make smiley faces at complete assholes.

Last edited by kingfisher241049; Dec 26th 2007 at 5:44 am.
Old Dec 27th 2007, 1:25 am
BE Enthusiast

dave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond repute

No Xmas bonus at my company either, unless you count the $20 voucher to purchase company branded gear from the company that produces out tat that the salesmen hand out.
Old Dec 27th 2007, 2:14 am

dchambe is an unknown quantity at this point

Never have received one, my current employer does give turkeys or $15 Wallyworld gift cards at Thanksgiving though. I took the turkey.