Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Chit Chat about London for American visitors

Chit Chat about London for American visitors

Old Jul 3rd 2017, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

LondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chit Chat about London for American visitors

Just a curious question. In the unlikely event that you were to win an free trip to London, UK, to take American friends or family to visit, and you were allowed to visit three attractions included in the prize, which three do you think you would choose?

We have some friends coming out. One thing they want to do is Winnie The Pooh stuff, visiting 100 Acre Wood etc, which is obviously not in London. Just trying to think of the best things to take them to here in the capital.

My mum and I are going to Kensington Palace in August to see the exhibition of Princess Diana's dresses. Tickets were hard to get. But as a couple, I doubt the husband would be interested in that!

Though we've had family come over several times, this is only the second time friends have come, so I'm pleased about it. They are from Tuscon.
Old Jul 3rd 2017, 7:25 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chit Chat about London for American visitors

Originally Posted by LondonSquirrel
Just a curious question. In the unlikely event that you were to win an free trip to London, UK, to take American friends or family to visit, and you were allowed to visit three attractions included in the prize, which three do you think you would choose?

We have some friends coming out. One thing they want to do is Winnie The Pooh stuff, visiting 100 Acre Wood etc, which is obviously not in London. Just trying to think of the best things to take them to here in the capital.

My mum and I are going to Kensington Palace in August to see the exhibition of Princess Diana's dresses. Tickets were hard to get. But as a couple, I doubt the husband would be interested in that!

Though we've had family come over several times, this is only the second time friends have come, so I'm pleased about it. They are from Tuscon.
Home | Natural History Museum
Old Jul 3rd 2017, 7:58 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
But that's not much different from the Smithsonian Natural History Museum.

My three:

The two obvious ones are the Tower of London, and the British Museum.

The third one? ..... .... could be anyone of several things, given that there is limited or no access to the Palace of Westminster and Buck Pal, and Westminster Abbey is just an indoor cemetery. .... .... Maybe the London Eye, so as to avoid history overload - Mrs P was always very impressed with that and always recommends that to anyone visiting London.
Old Jul 3rd 2017, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd cash the 3 attraction tickets in for an internal flight to the north of England.
Old Jul 3rd 2017, 8:13 pm
Go Braves!

StuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond repute

For me it would be Tower of London, Buck House and maybe a river cruise down to Greenwich.
Old Jul 3rd 2017, 8:14 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
But that's not much different from the Smithsonian Natural History Museum.

My three:

The two obvious ones are the Tower of London, and the British Museum.

The third one? ..... .... could be anyone of several things, given that there is limited or no access to the Palace of Westminster and Buck Pal, and Westminster Abbey is just an indoor cemetery. .... .... Maybe the London Eye, so as to avoid history overload - Mrs P was always very impressed with that and always recommends that to anyone visiting London.
*shrug* I like it there.

I could have just said Greggs.
Old Jul 3rd 2017, 8:45 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by StuBear65
For me it would be Tower of London, Buck House and maybe a river cruise down to Greenwich.
Good choices--or a cruise the opposite way to Hampton Court. Just walking on Oxford Street, Regent Street, or in Hyde Park usually goes over well, too.
Old Jul 3rd 2017, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

The V&A has a Pink Floyd exhibition at the moment, so that would be a must (for me, anyway).

If they're into it, I hear the Harry Potter tour is well worth it.

Tickets on the Round London Sightseeing Tour - or one of its competitors is a great way to see a lot of the sights along with a recorded commentary and the ability to jump on and off at will (if Will doesn't mind ).
Old Jul 3rd 2017, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Guindalf
If they're into it, I hear the Harry Potter tour is well worth it.
It really is. I took a Harry potter nut of a wife and she had a blast.
Old Jul 3rd 2017, 9:43 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom169
It really is. I took a Harry potter nut of a wife and she had a blast. ....
Has she been to Universal Orlando?
Old Jul 3rd 2017, 9:44 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I'm an American, have never been to England, and never will vacation in England but from friends and relatives who have, their pleasures were theatre, Tower of London, Piccadilly and a ride on a double decker bus.
Old Jul 3rd 2017, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Has she been to Universal Orlando?
She has.

She enjoyed the Harry potter thing there too, but preferred the UK tour.

In her words, it let her "geek out a little bit more" as it was less rides and more learning/tour.
Old Jul 3rd 2017, 9:56 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Lords, Twickenham, Wembley.
Old Jul 3rd 2017, 11:09 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Leadenhall Market
Old Jul 3rd 2017, 11:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Guindalf
The V&A has a Pink Floyd exhibition at the moment, so that would be a must (for me, anyway).
Yeh, me too. Already have my tickets for September...

I love the Greenwich Meridian for some reason. The third... The Churchill War Rooms, maybe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.