Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Chicago vs Florida Shootings

Chicago vs Florida Shootings

Old Apr 10th 2012, 1:57 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chicago vs Florida Shootings

Originally Posted by SATX John
Carrying on:

a) Today the prosecutor did not take it to a grand jury. He must not have had enough "EVIDENCE." It was investigated, and orignally the prosecutor declined to indict, even though the police wanted to. The shooter was "arrested" and brought to the station and interviewed. A decision was made. If you want to blame someone, blame the DA not the police. They did their job. IMO.

b) Yes, it proves, that the intial investigation was not complete, as does a).

As stated previously if he is guilty, then send him to jail, but this court of public opinion by the media is extreme. Only to serve their purposes, not justice, for this young man or the other young man.
The shooter was not "arrested". He was brought in for questioning and specifically was NOT arrested.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 5:30 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by robin1234
Surely the incidents in Chicago are just business as usual..
Pretty much.

Even in the fairly quiet part of town I live in there were two shootings in one day and constant "Suspect with gun" calls daily, listening to the city wide scanner is a real eye opener.

Last edited by MrEmjoy; Apr 10th 2012 at 5:36 pm.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

SATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really nice

Originally Posted by Leslie
The shooter was not "arrested". He was brought in for questioning and specifically was NOT arrested.
I am sure he was mirandized. He taken to police station in hand cuffs, and questioned. Sounds like an arrest when you are cuffed, to me.

That charges were not filed by the prosecutor is why he was released. He was in police custody, and most likely was told at the time he was "under arrest" at the time on suspicion of manslaughter / homicide.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 6:42 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SATX John
I am sure he was mirandized. He taken to police station in hand cuffs, and questioned. Sounds like an arrest when you are cuffed, to me.

That charges were not filed by the prosecutor is why he was released. He was in police custody, and most likely was told at the time he was "under arrest" at the time on suspicion of manslaughter / homicide.
I don't care what it "sounds like" to you. An arrest is an arrest and what he experienced was not an arrest.

If they had chosen to arrest him then he would have been processed and detained and subsequently appeared before a judge.

You don't know what you're talking about.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 6:59 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

You don't know what you're talking about.
He's never let that stop him before and don't expect it to in the future - talking complete bollocks, through his arse, is his first amendment right!
Old Apr 10th 2012, 7:07 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer
He's never let that stop him before and don't expect it to in the future - talking complete bollocks, through his arse, is his first amendment right!
Well it's absolutely ridiculous. The whole impetus behind the frikkin protests is the fact that Zimmerman was NOT ARRESTED. That's what started this whole cluster-fuck of a shit-storm to begin with. Now some bent twat is trying to tell me that Zimmerman actually was arrested and I'm just confused.

FFS
Old Apr 10th 2012, 7:13 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Well it's absolutely ridiculous. The whole impetus behind the frikkin protests is the fact that Zimmerman was NOT ARRESTED. That's what started this whole cluster-fuck of a shit-storm to begin with. Now some bent twat is trying to tell me that Zimmerman actually was arrested and I'm just confused.

FFS
He has now got a website to do fundraising for himself on though. With a backdrop of the american flag. Zimmerman, that is, not SATX thingie.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 7:17 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
He has now got a website to do fundraising for himself on though. With a backdrop of the american flag. Zimmerman, that is, not SATX thingie.
I know.

And some dumbshits will give him money and the whole, "Fool and his money...", theory shall be proved out.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 7:29 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

The page is a bit low on content and is full of typos and language infelicities. Example;

"A thousand words will not leave so deep an impression as one deed" - Henrik, Ibsen

What - Henrik AND Ibsen both said that??
Old Apr 10th 2012, 7:32 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

I know.

And some dumbshits will give him money and the whole, "Fool and his money...", theory shall be proved out.
I think he's soft in the head.

Just the sort of person we want running around with a gun "protecting" us.

Was it ever established whether or not he called the boy a "coon" on that tape?
Old Apr 10th 2012, 7:45 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
The page is a bit low on content and is full of typos and language infelicities. Example;

"A thousand words will not leave so deep an impression as one deed" - Henrik, Ibsen

What - Henrik AND Ibsen both said that??
They were, apparently, inseparable.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 7:53 pm
WTF?

I think he's soft in the head.

Just the sort of person we want running around with a gun "protecting" us.

I think the voice analysis' are showing it to be more likely that he called him a "punk" or a "thug". Still, it's a distinction without a difference, imo. Punk or thug is just as demeaning and indicative of profiling. What was so thuggish about him? His Skittles? The only thing he was guilty of was the crime being black after dark.

Much has been made (by the KKK and their friends) about the fact that , in the 40 odd calls to the police, Zimmerman never identified the objects of his affections as "black" so he must not have been profiling them by race.

First, you don't have to tell the 911 dispatcher what the race is ... THEY ALWAYS ASK. It is in their protocol and is invariably one of the very first questions they ask. Zimmerman had made enough of these calls to know that only too well. He and his friends have been dislocating their shoulders in the rush to pat him on the back for not mentioning race but that is really just silly in light of the fact that all of the calls were in fact reporting "suspicious" black males.

FWIW, I do think there's something wrong with George Zimmerman. Something beyond your run-of-the-mill racist stupidity. I think he may have a mental problem and I don't know that I want to see him locked away for the rest of his life. Maybe he actually needs help?
Old Apr 10th 2012, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

Martinsb will become famous soon enoughMartinsb will become famous soon enough

After another media 'factual adjustment' apparently he said it was "fricking cold".

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/3247...911-racial.htm
Old Apr 10th 2012, 8:01 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by Martinsb
After another media 'factual adjustment' apparently he said it was "fricking cold".

Seriously? Why would he say that exactly?

If they tell you it's Christmas will you hang up your stockings?
Old Apr 10th 2012, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by Martinsb

That was one of the original possible interpretations, too.

The actual tape was available to listen to on line. I did, for example. It wasn't a "media adjustment."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.