Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Cheryl Cole dumped from US X Factor due to Geordie accent

Cheryl Cole dumped from US X Factor due to Geordie accent

Old May 27th 2011, 5:42 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cheryl Cole dumped from US X Factor due to Geordie accent

Good decision or big mistake?

British sweetheart Cheryl Cole has reportedly been dumped from U.S. television, and tabloid media say she lost her big break in part over fears American audiences wouldn't understand her regional accent or the phrases unique to her corner of Britain.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110527/...V4aXRmYWN0bw--
Old May 27th 2011, 5:48 pm
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Sheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheryl Cole dumped from US X Factor due to Geordie accent

there's also a lot of talk about it being orchestrated by Cowell to get everybody interested.

Can't say I'm surprised but there has been an influx of British presenters over here lately.
Old May 27th 2011, 6:24 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Stories going around are that the public panel who were shown the inital recordings couldn't understand her 90% of the time and when they could they didn't like her.

I think it's a shame, I haven't seen her on UK X-Factor but most people seem to like her and think she is good on the show, and she comes from a fairly ordinary English background with a girl done good feel.

It's not surprising most Americans think we should all talk like the queen, that's all they here over here. Ant and Dec never made it with their Geordie accents, I don't suppose she ever stood a chance
Old May 27th 2011, 6:31 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

I'm chuffed to bits the dozy slapper has fell on her face. I'm sick of her pretending the she has got where she is by hard work and had such a hard life, when the truth is that she was lucky and won a talent show.
Old May 27th 2011, 6:40 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

who the hell appointed her as "nation's sweetheart"?
Old May 27th 2011, 6:54 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Good decision or big mistake?

British sweetheart Cheryl Cole has reportedly been dumped from U.S. television, and tabloid media say she lost her big break in part over fears American audiences wouldn't understand her regional accent or the phrases unique to her corner of Britain.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110527/...V4aXRmYWN0bw--
all I can say is thank **** for small mercies..
Old May 27th 2011, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

katybluewater is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Thydney
I'm chuffed to bits the dozy slapper has fell on her face. I'm sick of her pretending the she has got where she is by hard work and had such a hard life, when the truth is that she was lucky and won a talent show.
couldnt agree more - and I am surprised she was allowed to be on the US panel when she has a GBH conviction for hitting a cloakroom attendant in Guildford - dont think she is as nice as her PR would like us to think.
Old May 27th 2011, 7:11 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Who is she?

Oh, and I have this on good authority, even Geordies can only understand about 10% of what Geordies say.
Old May 27th 2011, 7:49 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

She can come round to my house, I'll console her.
Old May 27th 2011, 7:50 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
Who is she?

Oh, and I have this on good authority, even Geordies can only understand about 10% of what Geordies say.
Ditto. Who is she?

And, Leslie, you old coont, that was up to your usual brilliant standard. +1
Old May 27th 2011, 7:53 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Ditto. Who is she?
Girl Aloud and Ashley Cole's (ex?) misses.

and fella's you can say you wouldn't all you want, but you'd be lyin.

Pixie Lott does have nicer legs though

Last edited by Manc; May 27th 2011 at 7:57 pm.
Old May 27th 2011, 7:57 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
Girl Aloud and Ashley Cole's (ex?) misses.

and fella's you can say you wouldn't all you want, but you'd be lyin.

Pixie Lott does have nicer legs though
What an anorexic chain smoker? mmmmm Sexy not
Old May 27th 2011, 8:00 pm
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by Thydney
What an anorexic chain smoker? mmmmm Sexy not
Sexy No No No...........
Old May 27th 2011, 8:09 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Does this mean "Geordie Shore" will not get broadcast in the states then? Maybe they could dub it.
Old May 27th 2011, 8:09 pm
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Does this mean "Geordie Shore" will not get broadcast in the states then? Maybe they could dub it.
Whitley Baywatch.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.