Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Cheapest collection and shipping for a parcel from Manchester to the US

Cheapest collection and shipping for a parcel from Manchester to the US

Old Aug 20th 2020, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cheapest collection and shipping for a parcel from Manchester to the US

What service would you use to collect a package in Manchester , M45 8QX , ship it to the US ?
Package comes in a plastic case that needs to be cardboard boxed. Weighs 6 kilos. Length around 20 inches (51cm) , Height around 14" (35 cm) . Width/depth around x 14" (35cm)

Does the UK have an equivalent to GoNavis ?
Old Aug 20th 2020, 10:51 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheapest collection and shipping for a parcel from Manchester to the US

When I shipped my large collection of model aircraft to the US I used Fedex. The box was a larger and heavier than yours. They all arrived in one piece.

I think it cost me about 60 GBP at the time, but that was 7 years ago now.
Old Oct 1st 2020, 1:16 am
BE Enthusiast

angelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheapest collection and shipping for a parcel from Manchester to the US

We have started to use a service called pirate ship. It uses USPS but somehow seems to offer far better tracking and better prices. I don't realyl understand how it works but I know it's super easy and convenient and my letters and parcels always seem to arrive in good time and even arrive at all. I sent 4 letters USPS at the same time, the same size with the same postage to the same address. Only one arrived after 2 months now. My brother may never get to hear the heartfelt birthday wishes I sent him. So sad.
https://www.pirateship.com/usps/firs...-international