Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Charlie Hebdo shooting in France

Charlie Hebdo shooting in France

Old Jan 13th 2015, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Macca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Charlie Hebdo shooting in France

Originally Posted by Leslie
I have nothing to contribute. I'm not welcome here and I smell of poo.
I've been pointing all of this out for years. I forgive you for being slow on the uptake.
Old Jan 13th 2015, 12:09 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't I see on Twitter that OnwardandUpward is a forum expert on Fox News?
Old Jan 13th 2015, 12:28 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Paris is small potatoes.
2,000 dead at the hands of Boko Haram.
Indeed. A rather pure example of the violence inherent in the ideology. No 15th century grudges, Palestinian incursions or freedom of speech issues to muddy the water.

It's shameful that the media pays so little attention to these larger atrocities.
Old Jan 13th 2015, 12:49 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OnwardandUpward

@ Leslie. If you have never emigrated in or out of the USA, I am unsure what you have to contribute? Not saying you have nothing to contribute, just wondering why you feel you have a perspective on something if you haven't experienced it?

And why you post here on an expats site if indeed you're not an expat???
I have nothing to contribute. I'm not welcome here and I smell of poo.
Originally Posted by Nutek
We should make you wear a bell.
Bloody foreigners, eh?

Daring not only to offer perspectives on their own country to which many of us emigrated out of the goodness of our hearts, but also opining on other matters around the world.

The nerve.
Old Jan 13th 2015, 12:51 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard

It's shameful that the media pays so little attention to these larger atrocities.
It isn't, sadly, any different from the treatment of any other disaster - European and US lives simply matter more, apparently.
Old Jan 13th 2015, 1:03 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Bloody foreigners, eh?

Daring not only to offer perspectives on their own country to which many of us emigrated out of the goodness of our hearts, but also opining on other matters around the world.

The nerve.
They'll be wanting an Empire next.
Old Jan 13th 2015, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by Nutek
They'll be wanting an Empire next.
Like that's going to happen.

Everyone knows the British are the only people fit to tell others how to run their countries.
Old Jan 13th 2015, 1:14 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone knows the British are the only people fit to tell others how to run their countries.
True.
Old Jan 13th 2015, 1:46 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Are you still in the UK? I'm not sure you're allowed to post from there. The rules have suddenly become very rigid.
Old Jan 13th 2015, 1:48 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Macca67
I've been pointing all of this out for years. I forgive you for being slow on the uptake.
Oh and I'm quite sure that Germans are out too.
Old Jan 13th 2015, 1:52 pm

Are you still in the UK? I'm not sure you're allowed to post from there. The rules have suddenly become very rigid.
No, I am back in the US for the moment, but since I'm a dual citizen I'm not sure if I'm actually still officially an ex pat - so maybe I'm not allowed to post because of that?
Old Jan 13th 2015, 1:53 pm

Oh and I'm quite sure that Germans are out too.

Germans are always out.

Don't mention the war.
Old Jan 13th 2015, 2:01 pm
WTF?

No, I am back in the US for the moment, but since I'm a dual citizen I'm not sure if I'm actually still officially an ex pat - so maybe I'm not allowed to post because of that?
As long as you were born British, and now live in the US, you are officially a member of the only group that has the experience and knowledge to comment about terrorism in France. It makes perfect sense as long as you don't think about it.
Old Jan 13th 2015, 2:03 pm

As long as you were born British, and now live in the US, you are officially a member of the only group that has the experience and knowledge to comment about terrorism in France. It makes perfect sense as long as you don't think about it.
Do I get a special badge? I think I should.
Old Jan 13th 2015, 2:06 pm

Germans are always out.

Don't mention the war.
Bunch of Krauts, that's what they are, all of 'em. Bad eggs!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.