Car Rentals: LHR

Old May 16th 2019, 9:02 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Rentals: LHR

Originally Posted by lansbury
That is pretty amazing for BE. By now we would normally have gone to where to buy eggs on the journey from LHR and a full discussion of free range versus factory raised.
It depends where you're headed, of course. If I'm heading down to my mum's place and can arrange to pop in to say hi to my sister near Tring on my way, she'll let me have a half dozen to take with me so long as the fox hasn't been by too recently. Last time I tried that, all but one of the laying hens had been killed the week before I got there.
Old May 16th 2019, 9:43 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
It depends where you're headed, of course. If I'm heading down to my mum's place and can arrange to pop in to say hi to my sister near Tring on my way, she'll let me have a half dozen to take with me so long as the fox hasn't been by too recently. Last time I tried that, all but one of the laying hens had been killed the week before I got there.
If you get eggs like that do you have to wash them before cooking. If so do you use a top or front loader egg washer.
Old May 17th 2019, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

newadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
all but one of the laying hens had been killed the week before I got there.
I presume that if the hens had been armed, they would still be alive today
Old Jun 2nd 2019, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys, got the car rental sorted out obviously, and return it Tuesday before flying out of heathrow.

What is the closest petrol station to Heathrow that I can fill up at to return with a full tank? Cheers!
Old Jun 2nd 2019, 4:08 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maste
Hey guys, got the car rental sorted out obviously, and return it Tuesday before flying out of heathrow.

What is the closest petrol station to Heathrow that I can fill up at to return with a full tank? Cheers!
There are a Texaco on the Bath Road eastbound on the London-side near to the tunnel to Ts 1-3, and a Shell garage beside the Premier Inn London Heathrow (Colnbrook bypass) close to T5.
Old Jun 3rd 2019, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

OldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond repute

If you are coming from Kent/Surrey along the M25 then the "new" Chobham services will get you back to car return with a full tank.
Old Jun 3rd 2019, 9:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OldJuddian
If you are coming from Kent/Surrey along the M25 then the "new" Chobham services will get you back to car return with a full tank.
and one final Greggs before you head off.
Old Jun 3rd 2019, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

I probably should have said: I'm coming from up north, from near birmingham!

And I drop the car off at 5am so need something open 24hrs!

Last edited by Maste; Jun 3rd 2019 at 1:15 pm.
Old Jun 3rd 2019, 1:40 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maste
I probably should have said: I'm coming from up north, from near birmingham!

And I drop the car off at 5am so need something open 24hrs!
The Texaco and Shell are both open 24hrs.

Follow the Heathrow signs until just before the airport. Take the left onto the A4 and the Texaco will be after the next junction on your left. The forecourt shop is Co-Op.
Old Jun 3rd 2019, 11:09 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

There are tons of them - they know the demand from all the rentals.