Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Can I drive into Canada and not quarantine since I am vaccinated?

Can I drive into Canada and not quarantine since I am vaccinated?

Old Jun 15th 2021, 7:31 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I drive into Canada and not quarantine since I am vaccinated?

We will likely never hit a time where we are COVID Zero, best we can do is vaccinated as many as we can, and move on with life, any government planning for COVID Zero needs a new plan.

BC is planning to be 100% back to normal, no mandatory masks by Labor Day if current trend continues.

We are up to 76% of the adult population with at least 1 dose now, the government would like 100% of the population to be vaccinated but that isn't realistic, so the official goal is 85% to 90% vaccinated which seems doable at this rate, there has been no real slow down in vaccine demand, province is pretty much using 100% of its weekly deliveries each week, we have the capacity manpower to give more vaccines per week, we just lack the supply, but wait between dose 1 and dose 2 is down to an average of 10 weeks, was sitting at 16 weeks not long ago.

BC Government is also pressuring the feds to open the border so we can try to salvage part of the summer tourist season which is mostly going to be lost still, but something is better than nothing. Looking at flight schedules for US airlines at Vancouver Airport, looks like the airlines have given up on the summer, Delta is pretty much 1 daily to Seattle all the days I checked, normal summer they run 12 to 15 daily flights, Alaska is down to 1 to 2 flights, normal summer they run 10-15 daily flights.

Old Jul 26th 2021, 10:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to drive into Canada in the very near future, so looked at the Canadian government website, and this it what it now says:

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...s/wizard-start

So looks like starting August 9th I can drive in, not quarantine , and drive back out ?? Hopefully our anti vac segment of the population does not screw things up , forcing Canada to keep the old quarantine law in place.
Old Jul 27th 2021, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

neill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond repute

I think the vast majority of anti-vax people in the US are the same people who have very little interest or ability in visiting Canada (and I think Canada knows that)