Cadbury's Caramel

Old May 1st 2009, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

notacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cadbury's Caramel

Originally Posted by scotia123
I second that emotion......wish it was me.!!!!!
Slainge!
Old May 1st 2009, 2:17 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by notacrime
Slainge!
Now you're taking the piss! Have one for me.
Old May 1st 2009, 2:19 pm
Scottish forever

scotia123 will become famous soon enough

Have a great time at the Festival.....I have done that and its fantastic.....just dont have too many drams!!!....you are in a part of Scotland very dear to me.
Old May 1st 2009, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

notacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scotia123
Have a great time at the Festival.....I have done that and its fantastic.....just dont have too many drams!!!....you are in a part of Scotland very dear to me.
Too many drams? Surely not.

Elgin is my home town, so very dear to me too :-)
Old May 1st 2009, 3:15 pm
Scottish forever

Well I guess you can never have too many drams!!!!.....say hello to Buckie for me that is where I was brought up.
Old May 3rd 2009, 4:38 pm
The Wee Wifey

LynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud of

I'll have a roll and sausage although the bridies do sound good as well. Can't beat a proper Scottish roll fresh from the bakers, and a nice slice of Lorne freshly made at the butchers. It'll probably be years before I get such a wonderful treat again.
Old May 4th 2009, 3:30 am
Scottish forever

Lorne sausage mmmmm!!! and a piece of Ayreshire bacon too please.
Old May 4th 2009, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

welshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud of

Hog Roast
Wetherspoon's lasagne (Not sure why but I love it)
Welsh cakes
a nice strong cheddar that is not crazy yellow-orange
A choux bun from greggs
Another sausage roll
A potato fritter
Scrap the cheddar, make that a whole cheese board of nice, stinky cheeses and some crackers to go with them....................
Old Jul 8th 2009, 1:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Kar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud of

Saw this shelf at one of the local grocery stores today:

Old Jul 8th 2009, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

That's not fair.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bevinva
That's not fair.
It's like google street view at the supermarket.

Damn, that's a good idea. I'll mount the digital camera on the trolley next time I go to Sainsburys.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud of

Yeah, sorry about image quality, I only had the cellphone with me, not the digital camera.
They had a German shelf right next to it:

All the breads were gone, LOL (note empty section). But I can get actual freaking WASA bread at Kroger's! Yay! No more Jewish rye for me! (the white bread that the wife likes so much doesn't do anything for me.)

Last edited by Kar98; Jul 8th 2009 at 2:20 pm.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kar98
Yeah, sorry about image quality, I only had the cellphone with me, not the digital camera.

http://i25.tinypic.com/jffe6d.jpg

All the breads were gone, LOL (note empty section). But I can get actual freaking WASA bread at Kroger's! Yay! No more Jewish rye for me! (the white bread that the wife likes so much doesn't do anything for me.)
Most of that stuff I can understand. But what's to the right of the marmite, is that Colman's tartare sauce? Yuk! And Lloyd Grossman sauces, wtf?

Good call on the Ambrosia creamed rice though. And someone was just asking about where they could find barley water.

It's funny to see what expats miss, (or more likely there's no local substitute for.) I live close to a mexican deli here in Edinburgh which also acts as a de-facto American expat store. Hidden Valley ranch dressing looms large, and non-sweetened pickles. Their biggest seller is pumpkin in a can though, they get it by the pallet load for thanksgiving.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by notacrime
Most of that stuff I can understand. But what's to the right of the marmite, is that Colman's tartare sauce? Yuk! And Lloyd Grossman sauces, wtf?
Hell if I know. I'm German, not British
Old Jul 8th 2009, 3:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kar98

http://i25.tinypic.com/jffe6d.jpg

My Kroger has nothing like that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.