Bud Light

Old Apr 22nd 2008, 4:31 pm
Account Closed

Optimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bud Light

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP
Guinness does not travel well. I had heard this from others and didn't believe it until I saw it for myself.

But it is much, much better in Ireland than it is anywhere else. Night and day difference -- here, it's akin to drinking motor oil, but in Ireland, it is actually smooth and quite easy to drink. It's almost as if they are two completely different drinks.
I grew up in pubs all through my childhood and early twenties and must've heard this 1000 times from every Irishman that came to London, never stopped them getting shitfaced on it and I also have to say when I went to Dublin it tasted just as shit there as it did back in London.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 4:38 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
Never mind the difference between US and UK Newcastle brown ale...you said it was hard to distinquish between that and Budweiser and Im still calling bullshit on that statement.
Here's the way I look at it: yes Newcastle Brown has more flavor than a Bud (not that that is saying much). Having said that, compared to the difference between a Bud and, say, a Sam Smith Nut Brown Ale, the difference between a Newcastle Brown and a Bud is essentially negligible.

Dont get me wrong, given the choice I'll take a Newcastle Brown over a Bud ten times out of ten. However, if a Sam Smith NBA or Sierra Nevada Brown is available, it's not even close.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 4:44 pm
Account Closed

Optimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hiro11
yes Newcastle Brown has more flavor than a Bud
Thank you..thats all I needed.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 4:47 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you..thats all I needed.
He took you 24K miles out and back to that answer.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 6:30 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

In the Czech republic and wasn't drinking Budvar? No suprise you like US Budweiser then and Stella tastes nothing like US Budweiser..nothing at all. Poles apart.
Hi:

I'm not a beer drinker. And the alcohol consumption has been cut wa-ay back due to medical considerations [not conducive to my blood pressure]. I was watching the budget and Stella was often the most inexpensive liquid on the menu. I saw it was from Belgium.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 6:35 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ugacrew
I come with this information having worked for Anheuser-Busch myself.
Sorry to hear that...

Here's the reason. The taste that most associate with the American lager is a result of lack of ingredients during WWII. Anheuser-Busch had to make due with the ingredients at the time and introduced rice into the recipe in order to give it taste but to help with the shortage. Over time the American palate grew accustomed to this new style of lager and it took off...
Well that, and imo its looked upon as you're not being 'macho american' if you drink anything else!

Interesting bit of 'trivia' is that you can't get Coors Extra Gold in CO. (not that I care) but that was something mentioned on the coors tour.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 6:40 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tarkak9
Sorry to hear that...

Well that, and imo its looked upon as you're not being 'macho american' if you drink anything else!

Interesting bit of 'trivia' is that you can't get Coors Extra Gold in CO. (not that I care) but that was something mentioned on the coors tour.
Working for Anheuser is considered the 'IT' job in St. Louis. I had a blast taking a tour of the plant's hidden spots. They pay very well too. I unfortunately was on a contracted project that ended. Otherwise I'd love to work for them and get the sweet benefits they give their employees. Imagine having a Christmas Party and the main act is someone like Bon Jovi.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 6:54 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

Imagine having a Christmas Party and the main act is someone like Bon Jovi.
I would have thought they could afford more than a ZZZ list 'celebrity'
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 7:02 pm
Riding on silver wings

Originally Posted by Paul S
Oh they do. It's a private engagement that they hold at Scott Trade Center in St. Louis. It's lavish and only for those who are employees and not contractors like I was. This is a company that will give away 2 cases of it's products to the employees every pay period. Imagine working for Guinness or your local and getting that per pay period. Pretty sweet deal if you can get it.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 7:03 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Working for Anheuser is considered the 'IT' job in St. Louis. I had a blast taking a tour of the plant's hidden spots. They pay very well too. I unfortunately was on a contracted project that ended. Otherwise I'd love to work for them and get the sweet benefits they give their employees. Imagine having a Christmas Party and the main act is someone like Bon Jovi.
Standards vary.

I can imagine the Christmas Party being pretty interesing... if they had somebody other than Bon Jovi.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 7:04 pm
Riding on silver wings

Originally Posted by Tarkak9
Standards vary.

I can imagine the Christmas Party being pretty interesing... if they had somebody other than Bon Jovi.
Well insert your A list music act and that's what you get. Much better than hiring the local DJ. I don't have anything against DJs but If you can the real deal then it's much better.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 7:05 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, I wouldn't want to see Bon Jovi either, but the fact remains that they still easily sell out stadiums. I'm sure they don't charge ZZZ grade prices.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 7:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

ZZZ list? When did he get promoted?
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 7:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Oh they do. This is a company that will give away 2 cases of it's products to the employees every pay period.
Geez, the story gets worse and worse...
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 7:18 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Originally Posted by Bill_S
ZZZ list? When did he get promoted?
When he stepped on ZZ Top.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.