Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Are the Bronco's the Bernie of the Super Bowl?

Are the Bronco's the Bernie of the Super Bowl?

Old Feb 7th 2016, 2:46 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Are the Bronco's the Bernie of the Super Bowl?

Seems they are most peoples favoured team even if not the Bookies.
Old Feb 7th 2016, 3:17 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are the Bronco's the Bernie of the Super Bowl?

They're the sentimental choice given the history of Peyton Manning.

Also, nobody likes the Panthers*, so there's a lot of "anyone but the Panthers" going on.

Given the score history this season, upto and including the divisional championships, it's hard to see the Broncos having a shot. The Panthers are brimming with confidence and it will take a lot to undermine that.

* It's probably best not to dig too deep into "why?" Cam Newton already mentioned a possible reason and stirred up a $4!t storm.

Last edited by Pulaski; Feb 7th 2016 at 3:23 pm.
Old Feb 7th 2016, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the Lombardi trophy will have a number 1 on it!
Old Feb 7th 2016, 3:26 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Guindalf
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the Lombardi trophy will have a number 1 on it!
That's a safe bet. The question is "will it have an 8 on it"?
Old Feb 7th 2016, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

I guess they are, in the fact that neither are going to win.
Old Feb 7th 2016, 3:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah but what about the 6 nations?
Old Feb 7th 2016, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Yeah but what about the 6 nations?
Scotland is the Bernie of the 6 nations!
Old Feb 7th 2016, 3:57 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Seems they are most peoples favoured team even if not the Bookies.
It probably feels that way in Colorado.
Old Feb 7th 2016, 5:14 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kimilseung
It probably feels that way in Colorado.
Everybody pretty much, but I was thinking more elsewhere.
Old Feb 7th 2016, 6:19 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

The neighbours are all getting together for a super bowl party later and have invited me. I accepted the invitation but now am getting a bit anxious since I know nothing about american football. My neighbours are really nice but am I pushing my luck by going? Is it rude to go when you have no interest in the football but just fancy a few beers and nachos?
Old Feb 7th 2016, 6:25 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
The neighbours are all getting together for a super bowl party later and have invited me. I accepted the invitation but now am getting a bit anxious since I know nothing about american football. My neighbours are really nice but am I pushing my luck by going? Is it rude to go when you have no interest in the football but just fancy a few beers and nachos?
I dont think you need any knowledge, for the Super Bowl. Think of it like the Grand National, how many people watch that and have any idea about horses.
Old Feb 7th 2016, 6:28 pm

..... Is it rude to go when you have no interest in the football but just fancy a few beers and nachos?
Er, that's what most American sports are for - if it wasn't for the beer and food how many people do you really think are really interested interminably slow pace of gridiron football and of baseball? The red flags in NASCAR are also to give you time to replenish your refreshments.

Just feign some interest in learning about the game and you'll be just fine. And you could always offer to reciprocate by explaining the off-side rule in soccer!
Old Feb 7th 2016, 7:05 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

You are going to find that most of the guests are more interested in the commercials, the Buffalo wings, the beer -- and probably the Puppy Bowl -- than the actual game, which is just a sideshow to the party.
Old Feb 7th 2016, 8:36 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

I don't bother with the bowl. I'm a Euro football man. Don't know squat about American football except that the game seems to go on forever and all that happens is that a lot of fat people sit around guzzling weak beer and snacking on junk food and end up talking loads of bull s**t.
Old Feb 7th 2016, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by dc koop
.... sit around guzzling weak beer .....
You can criticize mass-produced American beers for their lack of taste, their unpleasant aftertaste, or the chemical fermentation accelerants used, but whatever their failings they aren't "weak". All the big three American domestic beers are brewed to 5%, and the related "light/lite" beers are 4.2%, which I would make them stronger than the mainstream British equivalents. ..... Only "export" strength lagers in the UK are 5%.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.