Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Britons flying to US without biometric passports could be turned away

Wikiposts

Britons flying to US without biometric passports could be turned away

Old May 10th 2016, 5:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Britons flying to US without biometric passports could be turned away

Originally Posted by MarylandNed
Read post #8
Not that it is any business of yours, but I posted in response to the OP. I have since read post 8 Nd indeed BiPs post. Please don't concern yourself with my reading.
Old May 13th 2016, 6:27 am
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Britons flying to US without biometric passports could be turned away

So, someone has to have simultaneously:
1. Been part of the small percentage of applicants who obtained a non-biometric passport in April-Sep of 2006.
2. Shown up at the airport without checking for required documentation for travel to the US, without talking to anyone and without having traveled to the US over the past several years (where you would likely have been informed of the impending change).
3. Ignored three years of government announcements and media coverage describing the exact date of the transition and the specifics of the post-transition requirements.

...to be caught out by this problem.

And yet the Graun publishes an article on the topic and the comment section is filled with "outrage".