Wikiposts

British style bacon

Old Jul 28th 2009, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

Paulycarts is just really nicePaulycarts is just really nicePaulycarts is just really nicePaulycarts is just really nicePaulycarts is just really nicePaulycarts is just really nicePaulycarts is just really nicePaulycarts is just really nice
Default British style bacon

Hi, I have been in the US about 8 months now and I am craving a bacon buttie with HP sauce. My wife only visited the UK briefly but she loves them too. Does anyone know where to purchase British style bacon preferably in the Chicago area ???
Cheers
Old Jul 28th 2009, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

mctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to all
Default Re: British style bacon

The search for british bacon, I have looked every where. Fiesta Supermarket has it but it is frozen, not quite the same, there is a company in Florida I think it was that will ship it at $95 a pack...LOL There are some online british shops that will also send it but it is frozen and quite expensive at $9 a pack.

If you find any let us know I think we are all looking for that bacon butty along with the pork pies and English mustard...
Old Jul 28th 2009, 6:16 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe here?

http://www.winstonsmarket.net/market/index.html
Old Jul 28th 2009, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

ldobson will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mctraill
The search for british bacon, I have looked every where. Fiesta Supermarket has it but it is frozen, not quite the same, there is a company in Florida I think it was that will ship it at $95 a pack...LOL There are some online british shops that will also send it but it is frozen and quite expensive at $9 a pack.

If you find any let us know I think we are all looking for that bacon butty along with the pork pies and English mustard...
I have lived in the US for 8 years, and have found ONE source for proper British like Bacon and Sausages, I buy in bulk, but it is not cheap!

http://www.myersofkeswick.com/Products/Products.html

Otherwise give up, everything else which looks like it could resemble bacon or sausage is oh so dissopointing.

Their Pork pies and sausage rolls also pass the test!

Oh --- And its also all fresh, NOT frozen, the sausages are made the day they are shipped via FedEx!

They also have a store in NYC

Last edited by ldobson; Jul 28th 2009 at 6:25 am.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

Paulycarts is just really nicePaulycarts is just really nicePaulycarts is just really nicePaulycarts is just really nicePaulycarts is just really nicePaulycarts is just really nicePaulycarts is just really nicePaulycarts is just really nice

Thanks for the replies, we will definitely try the Myers of Keswick, damn the cost haha!
I was just trying to describe chipolata sausages to my wife and how we wrap them in bacon at Christmas and here they are for sale.

At least the HP sauce is readily available
Old Jul 28th 2009, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Macca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paulycarts
Thanks for the replies, we will definitely try the Myers of Keswick, damn the cost haha!
I was just trying to describe chipolata sausages to my wife and how we wrap them in bacon at Christmas and here they are for sale.

Like she's never seen your todger before. Stop boasting.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

Haha that made her smile
Old Jul 28th 2009, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

ldobson will become famous soon enough

Yeah I dont think you will regret it, post back and let us know what you think!

I have been buying both their british bangers and the ginger pork sausages, all very good, as real to the genuine article as i think is possible in the US.

They make their sausage rolls with the Cumberland sausage for some reason, but still they are very good as are the pork pies, which are the butchers style pork pies which they have nailed! same with the scotch eggs.

Yeah they call the bacon "Irish bacon" for some reason, but its looks and tastes like good ol back bacon!

Their pies are a bit weird Chicken and Mushroom, and Beef and Onion with carrots in them, could be a regional thing i suppose.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 7:46 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ldobson
Yeah I dont think you will regret it, post back and let us know what you think!

I have been buying both their british bangers and the ginger pork sausages, all very good, as real to the genuine article as i think is possible in the US.

They make their sausage rolls with the Cumberland sausage for some reason, but still they are very good as are the pork pies, which are the butchers style pork pies which they have nailed! same with the scotch eggs.

Yeah they call the bacon "Irish bacon" for some reason, but its looks and tastes like good ol back bacon!

Their pies are a bit weird Chicken and Mushroom, and Beef and Onion with carrots in them, could be a regional thing i suppose.
Williams british bacon do it via the mail
Old Jul 28th 2009, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

lostfairyuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Myers do fantastic sausages! and their sausage rolls are wonderful too....

I live in NY I really should go there more often...

Has anyone tried the Wholefoods Irish Banger? I see it there and have been tempted.

Why is the bacon here so odd. Its a different cut of meat, sure, but why is the other kind not readily available?
Old Jul 28th 2009, 9:30 am
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Hi, I have been in the US about 8 months now and I am craving a bacon buttie with HP sauce. My wife only visited the UK briefly but she loves them too. Does anyone know where to purchase British style bacon preferably in the Chicago area ???
Cheers
What side of Chicago are you on, I know a few shops that sell it.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 9:50 am
Just Joined

USBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure if they are in Chicago area yet but Fresh & Easy (Tesco) stores have British style bacon and it's not too expensive and pretty OK - they sell HP sauce too although that's usually easy to come by anyway.

I sure picked the wrong day to go on a diet!
Old Jul 28th 2009, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy
What side of Chicago are you on, I know a few shops that sell it.
I live in Elgin about 30 minutes outside the city.

The bacon here always reminds me of Frazzles the bacon flavour crisp style things lol
Old Jul 28th 2009, 10:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.wisechoiceuk.com/scripts/...?idCategory=63

this place has a good supply of British food too, they have a sale on at the moment, not sure about bacon, but they do the pies, cheese etc
Old Jul 28th 2009, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
Another option is to try;

http://www.foodireland.com

Jim.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.