British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   British bun in the oven (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/british-bun-oven-641112/)

TracyTN Nov 18th 2009 1:02 pm

British bun in the oven

Yep, that's me - carrying my first child who just so happens to be half British (the good half ;)

I'm 8 weeks along - due July 5th. Just had my first prenatal appt yesterday so I feel ok letting the cat out of the bag now. :)

One of hubby's first comments was, 'This child will be a US citizen before I will!' :rofl:

lisag8070 Nov 18th 2009 1:20 pm

Re: British bun in the oven

Congratulations

you must both be soo excited ..:thumbsup:

TracyTN Nov 18th 2009 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by lisag8070 (Post 8107444)
Congratulations

you must both be soo excited ..:thumbsup:

We are, thanks - and a little nervous! First child for both of us.

Rete Nov 18th 2009 1:26 pm

Congratulations on your wonderful news. I can imagine how over the top you are with this being your first and all.

Here's to an easy pregnancy and a smooth and quick delivery.

lisag8070 Nov 18th 2009 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by TracyTN (Post 8107447)
We are, thanks - and a little nervous! First child for both of us.

aww don't worry, you'll be fine, I find the excitement of the baby overides the nerves when the time comes and the only advise I would offer is... enjoy it..:thumbsup:

Now get out and start buying the green, white and yellow babygrows..(that will really make it feel real)

AmerLisa Nov 18th 2009 1:36 pm

I love the title of the thread! :) Congratulations!

nethead Nov 18th 2009 1:59 pm

Congratulations :thumbup:

Mummy in the foothills Nov 18th 2009 2:08 pm

Congratulations :thumbsup:

Moonshadow_Girl Nov 18th 2009 2:11 pm

Congrats!:thumbsup:

TracyTN Nov 18th 2009 2:11 pm

Thanks everyone! And lisa, I am always happy to take advice - I have no clue what I'm doing. LOL!!

ann m Nov 18th 2009 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by TracyTN (Post 8107518)
Thanks everyone! And lisa, I am always happy to take advice - I have no clue what I'm doing. LOL!!

Mine are 9 and 11 and I still have no clue.

Congrats!

Englishtart Nov 18th 2009 2:55 pm

:thumbsup: Yay for you Tracy!! That is wonderful news, I bet you are both chuffed to bits! Hope you stay well and enjoy the pregnancy, a friend of mine gave me some great advice when I was pregnant for the first time, write a journal of your experience and feelings throughout the 9 months and beyond. I still get mine out occasionally and get teary eyed at the memories:wub:

Never got around to doing it with the second one, too busy I guess and it wasn't the same as the first :o Good luck sweety, good excuse for putting your feet up and letting hubby spoil you rotten! :rofl:

TracyTN Nov 18th 2009 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by Englishtart (Post 8107602)
:thumbsup: Yay for you Tracy!! That is wonderful news, I bet you are both chuffed to bits! Hope you stay well and enjoy the pregnancy, a friend of mine gave me some great advice when I was pregnant for the first time, write a journal of your experience and feelings throughout the 9 months and beyond. I still get mine out occasionally and get teary eyed at the memories:wub:

Never got around to doing it with the second one, too busy I guess and it wasn't the same as the first :o Good luck sweety, good excuse for putting your feet up and letting hubby spoil you rotten! :rofl:

LOL @ Ann!

And hubby has been doing great so far at spoiling me and indulging my food oddities, Englishtart. Chocolate milk is a current favorite...! :)

Trixie_b Nov 18th 2009 3:01 pm

congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

Englishtart Nov 18th 2009 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by TracyTN (Post 8107608)
LOL @ Ann!

And hubby has been doing great so far at spoiling me and indulging my food oddities, Englishtart. Chocolate milk is a current favorite...! :)

Lets hope you don't get any of those 'wierd' ones! (pickles and ice cream etc) My big food addiction in pregnancy was usually chocolate;) I did for about two weeks crave fish, I hate fish and never eat it normally, but I guess I must have been 'needing' something that is in fish:confused: