BritBox

Old Jul 31st 2017, 4:55 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BritBox

Originally Posted by mrken30
I thought that was a requirement to work at the BBC.
I bet it gets paid more than the girl.
Old Jul 31st 2017, 4:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
I bet it gets paid more than the girl.
I bet it got abused more than the girl. I will stop there, this is going off topic.
Old Jul 31st 2017, 4:57 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

I bet it got abused more than the girl. I will stop there, this is going off topic.
Two little boys had...
Old Jul 31st 2017, 5:02 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
I finally had to delete it. Because I was paid up until 19 it wouldn't let me start over again. On the 20th I signed back up with Roku and ever since it has been fine.

I really don't think much of their customer service though, Britbox or Roku. Plus for 2 months I was double billed and they are still working on that "glitch"

for you. Hope it all works out ok.
Originally Posted by lansbury
That doesn't sound good. I haven't tried to log in this morning to see if it is the same. I rest my password online so we'll see it that helps. Having watch Britbox for about 3 hours last night it suddenly refused to play part 3 of a Miss Marble story. This was about 10pm, so I just gave up on for the night.
To follow on from my own post. Just turned the Roku on and selected Britbox and it loaded OK. Went to the Miss Marple episode that wouldn't run last night and it too started OK. When I reset the password I did so to the same one I had been using. No idea if that cleared the problem but it works OK for now.
Old Jul 31st 2017, 5:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

I am still waiting for Britbox to be released on Fire TV. I am not about to go and spend a $100 on a roku box that's almost as fast as the Amazon box. Also I don't think the Roku allows for the 2 screen experience or has a child restrictions like Amazon freetime.

Has anyone had experience of an Android TV box? I have read that it may be the way to go for TV viewing.
Something like this.
Download SMALLRT X2 Android TV Box Firmware and Flash Upgrade introduced by Top 10 TV Boxes - Press Release Rocket
Old Jul 31st 2017, 6:08 pm

I am still waiting for Britbox to be released on Fire TV. I am not about to go and spend a $100 on a roku box that's almost as fast as the Amazon box. Also I don't think the Roku allows for the 2 screen experience or has a child restrictions like Amazon freetime.

Has anyone had experience of an Android TV box? I have read that it may be the way to go for TV viewing.
Something like this.
Download SMALLRT X2 Android TV Box Firmware and Flash Upgrade introduced by Top 10 TV Boxes - Press Release Rocket
I have a Roku, which works great for me but I use a laptop parked behind the TV for pretty much everything anyhow (iPlayer etc)
Old Jul 31st 2017, 6:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I have a Roku, which works great for me but I use a laptop parked behind the TV for pretty much everything anyhow (iPlayer etc)
I used have a laptop until little fingers started to get interested in the keyboard. Kids!!!
Old Jul 31st 2017, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Something like this.
First, there's a Roku for $30 that. That's what I got purely for Britbox!

Second, if you have Fire TV, you have all you need to duplicate onw of the Android boxes. All it does is run Kodi (google it), which you can side-load on the Fire and have all the functionality they're charging hundreds for!
Old Jul 31st 2017, 8:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Guindalf
First, there's a Roku for $30 that. That's what I got purely for Britbox!

Second, if you have Fire TV, you have all you need to duplicate onw of the Android boxes. All it does is run Kodi (google it), which you can side-load on the Fire and have all the functionality they're charging hundreds for!
I tired the $30 Roku, it's like stirring treacle, so slow. They are about as fast as the Amazon Fire Sticks. The Fire TV is probably 3 or 5 times faster. It's almost instant play when selecting a show.
Old Jul 31st 2017, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Strange. Ours, whilst not blazing, is certainly fast enough.
Old Jul 31st 2017, 8:15 pm

I tired the $30 Roku, it's like stirring treacle, so slow. They are about as fast as the Amazon Fire Sticks. The Fire TV is probably 3 or 5 times faster. It's almost instant play when selecting a show.
Weird. Zero delay here on the Roku.
Old Jul 31st 2017, 8:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The fire TV stick has a spinning circle for about 20 seconds between selecting the show and the show starting, Maybe the Roku sticks have improved.

I was going to look at the premier+ box because of the speed, but sounds like I don't need to.
Old Jul 31st 2017, 8:25 pm

The fire TV stick has a spinning circle for about 20 seconds between selecting the show and the show starting, Maybe the Roku sticks have improved.

I was going to look at the premier+ box because of the speed, but sounds like I don't need to.
I just bought a premier+ actually (haven't set it up yet). I wanted it so I can run Ethernet instead of WiFi to the tv. Got it on sale for 50 bucks, so not a bad deal.
Old Jul 31st 2017, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute

I run a HDMI cable from my PC to the TV for BBC iPlayer, and the ITV and Channel 4 players. Control from a wireless keyboard.

A plug to "Monoprice" for low prices on all kinds of cables and accessories.

https://www.monoprice.com/
Old Jul 31st 2017, 8:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I just bought a premier+ actually (haven't set it up yet). I wanted it so I can run Ethernet instead of WiFi to the tv. Got it on sale for 50 bucks, so not a bad deal.
I see Amazon has them refurbished for $60 with prime shipping.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.