British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Brian Blessed - Have I Got News For You (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/brian-blessed-have-i-got-news-you-708109/)

Scouse Express Mar 6th 2011 1:47 am

Brian Blessed - Have I Got News For You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spS71...layer_embedded

This is just about the funniest thing I've seen on TV.:rofl::rofl:

Jim.

DeadVim Mar 6th 2011 1:58 am

Re: Brian Blessed - Have I Got News For You

Originally Posted by Scouse Express (Post 9220488)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spS71...layer_embedded

This is just about the funniest thing I've seen on TV.:rofl::rofl:

Jim.

That's funny stuff, thanks, the spartan reference got me :thumbup:

nethead Mar 6th 2011 12:32 pm

Loved it :rofl:

MandyNi Mar 7th 2011 8:33 pm

Inspired! I love Brian Blessed and this made me laugh sooo much. Should have him doing it permanently. Pure magic! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Scouse Express Mar 8th 2011 12:36 am

Originally Posted by MandyNi (Post 9224259)
Inspired! I love Brian Blessed and this made me laugh sooo much. Should have him doing it permanently. Pure magic! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Old Brian sure seemed to have an absolute blast doing the programme - anyone who can get Paul Merton to burst out laughing on several occasions is worthy of a regular hosting gig.

I never realised he did Comedy, until I saw him playing The King, on "Blackadder" - Comic Genius!

Jim.

Swisstony Mar 9th 2011 5:17 pm

that was great!!!

thank you!

Cat Whisperer Mar 10th 2011 1:16 am

God that was hysterical :rofl:

Scouse Express Mar 10th 2011 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by Cat Whisperer (Post 9229469)
God that was hysterical :rofl:

You should see the full episode, by linking onto the parts 1 thru 8. There's plenty more of Brian's antics for your enjoyment, too.

Jim.

MandyNi Mar 11th 2011 2:20 am

I shall savour that for a day when I no I'll have no interruptions! :thumbup:

TN-Dave Mar 11th 2011 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by DeadVim (Post 9220501)
That's funny stuff, thanks, the spartan reference got me :thumbup:

you're right - this was hilarious... !

Steerpike Mar 13th 2011 4:20 pm

I'm embarrassed to say this, but I hardly laughed at all ...

I remember BB from Black Adder, and loved him, but in this show I didn't 'get' most of the jokes. I don't know any of the other people on the show, and I have no idea what the point of the show is - a bunch of guys sitting around reading cards ...?

I did laugh at the one about panic buying of petrol in Scotland, and his impersonation of John Gielgud was great, but the majority 'looked' funny but sadly passed me by .... I guess I've been here too long!

Macca67 Mar 13th 2011 4:31 pm

I once stood behind Brian Blessed in a newsagents in Lightwater, Surrey. He was dressed like a tramp and I was hoping he'd boom out "20 BENSON & HEDGES IF YOU PLEASE", when getting served. He didn't, which was a disappointment. The missus thought he was Terry Waite. :lol:

Talking of standing behind celebs in shops - who remembers Nicola Horlick, the bug eyed superwoman hedge-fund manager from the 90's? I stood behind her in Marks & Sparks in Winchester. Two great, big trolleyfulls of ready-cook she had; chicken nuggets for her 10 kids and spaghetti for her man, etc. Superwoman my arse, I thought. My missus thought she looked a ringer for George Dawes from Shooting Stars but with a black wig on. :lol:

RickWG Mar 19th 2011 5:48 am

Originally Posted by Scouse Express (Post 9231576)
You should see the full episode, by linking onto the parts 1 thru 8. There's plenty more of Brian's antics for your enjoyment, too.

Jim.

GORDONS ALIVE!!! lmfao!!

Lola-Monmouth Mar 19th 2011 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by Steerpike (Post 9236936)
I'm embarrassed to say this, but I hardly laughed at all ...

I remember BB from Black Adder, and loved him, but in this show I didn't 'get' most of the jokes. I don't know any of the other people on the show, and I have no idea what the point of the show is - a bunch of guys sitting around reading cards ...?

I did laugh at the one about panic buying of petrol in Scotland, and his impersonation of John Gielgud was great, but the majority 'looked' funny but sadly passed me by .... I guess I've been here too long!

I think you have. HIGNFY has been around for yonks in the UK. Paul Merton (a regular on radio 4's Just a Minute) and Ian Hislop (Private Eye) are regulars. Marcus Brigstocke is a middle class liberal comedian, who pretends to be left wing I guess. I like him. Not sure I know the gay tory MP though (but then I wouldn't would I :D) HIGNFY always reminds me of Radio 4's The News Quiz. I've only been here 12 years though.