Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

A boy for Meaghan and Harry, getting ready to answer a thousand questions

A boy for Meaghan and Harry, getting ready to answer a thousand questions

Old May 9th 2019, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A boy for Meaghan and Harry, getting ready to answer a thousand questions

Originally Posted by Anian
Archie is not an unusual name for a baby these days, I've heard of many Alfies, Georges,all the Granddad names are in fashion. I was expecting Albert.
Yes. Remember that the Queen's father was Prince Albert.
Old May 9th 2019, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A boy for Meaghan and Harry, getting ready to answer a thousand questions

If my daughter had been born a boy 4 years ago, we had agreed to call him Archie.
Old May 9th 2019, 7:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
The news did explain that Archie is a favored name in the UK.
It is, I know several Archie's. I like Archie as a nickname, but what I can't stand is nicknames as given names - Charlie, Alfie, Jamie, etc. All the Archie's I know are Archibald on their birth certificates. And Harrison is bloody awful.
Old May 9th 2019, 10:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
Yes. Remember that the Queen's father was Prince Albert.
...And also that it is a slang term that one might not want associated with one's offspring!
Old May 9th 2019, 10:54 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
It is, I know several Archie's. I like Archie as a nickname, but what I can't stand is nicknames as given names - Charlie, Alfie, Jamie, etc. All the Archie's I know are Archibald on their birth certificates. And Harrison is bloody awful.
Same here. It is Archibald . Rather odd choice of names IMO. Of all the names that could have been chosen for this wee lad , they land him with those. Awful.

Old May 10th 2019, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
To each their own, my youngest is called Katie, we get asked lots what her real name is, is it Katherine, Katelyn, Katrina etc Nope her real name is Katie, I think it is a very pretty name but then again I picked it so I am biased.
Old May 11th 2019, 10:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I said to my partner this morning that those were names likely to get the kid beat up on a regular basis . Archie? Poor thing saddled not only with the name but he's probably going to have red hair as well.
Archie is such a weird name to give someone in this day and age. I can only think of the comics and Archie Bunker when I hear that name. It's the sort of name that would get a kid lampooned and bullied in school. If someone had told me that was the kid's name, I would have thought he/she was pulling my leg.
Old May 19th 2019, 8:42 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Archie is such a weird name to give someone in this day and age. I can only think of the comics and Archie Bunker when I hear that name. It's the sort of name that would get a kid lampooned and bullied in school. If someone had told me that was the kid's name, I would have thought he/she was pulling my leg.
Why is it weird? Why in this "day and age"?
Names fade out and then come back all the time, so why not Archie? And what does it matter anyway to anyone other than the couple naming their child.
I kind of like it. And with all the sheep that follow the Royals I'm sure Archie will now be a popular boys name all over the world.
Old May 20th 2019, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

Supplies is an unknown quantity at this point

Archie will knock Mohamed off the favorite boys name list now .
Old May 20th 2019, 3:50 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Supplies
Archie will knock Mohamed off the favorite boys name list now .
Pretty sure Archie is not a Muslim name.
Old May 20th 2019, 3:50 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Pretty sure Archie is not a Muslim name.