Border Patrol

Old Jun 25th 2016, 1:07 am
Banned

themadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Border Patrol

Originally Posted by Steve_
Right so getting back to my earlier point, now the UK has voted for Brexit, you'll see the same shade of idiots arguing for the US to leave NAFTA and the TTP and stopping all this nonsense at the US border will become impossible.

Although as I've said in other threads, a vote to leave the EU is really a vote be an EEA state like Norway because the Irish and the Scottish won't settle for anything less and the EU will push that because they don't want anyone else to leave.

So there will still be freedom of movement. Now that could warp some American minds.

Anyway I must be off to buy some heroin using some pocket change because the border controls are soooooo effective at stopping it from being illegally imported.
Er, no you won't

Americans just don't want endless Syrian refugees coming in and illegals already here getting a path to citizenship, it's clear much of America beyond New York and California feels like this. I haven't heard anyone say they want America withdrawing from existing trade deals so you really need to put a lid on the hyperbole
Old Jun 25th 2016, 12:17 pm
Banned

katzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond repute

There is a class of blue collar workers that have seen their jobs lost to automation and out sourcing. Those are the people that support Trump and I cant say I blame them. There are empty plants all over the US as a result of globalization. There are cases were the workers had to help pack up the machinery to ship it abroad in order to get their severance pay. One economic reality is an economy based on consumption people have to have disposable income or there is no economy. Clinton, Obama and Bush all ignored this group of people and the group increased over time and got pissed at the political establishment. Sounds to me the yes Brexit vote is similar.
Old Jun 26th 2016, 6:56 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katzgar
There is a class of blue collar workers that have seen their jobs lost to automation and out sourcing. Those are the people that support Trump and I cant say I blame them. There are empty plants all over the US as a result of globalization. There are cases were the workers had to help pack up the machinery to ship it abroad in order to get their severance pay. One economic reality is an economy based on consumption people have to have disposable income or there is no economy. Clinton, Obama and Bush all ignored this group of people and the group increased over time and got pissed at the political establishment. Sounds to me the yes Brexit vote is similar.
It's not just blue collar workers, it's also office staff, computer support, clerical, accounting, design/engineering, call center staff, the list goes on ..... all have seen their jobs slashed and sent to India or the Philippines to save a few bucks.
Old Jun 26th 2016, 7:46 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah well have faith in the Donald. He's going to wave his magic wand and bring all those jobs back here again. Those who support him cant seem to see that Donald is just for Donald. He doesn't give a flying fart for anyone else. Even with all the tumult and crisis surrounding the Leave vote he just spent most of his time touting his new golf course in Scotland.

Trump supporters would have been far better of getting behind Bernie Sanders, a man who is genuinely committed to change for the better for those being screwed by the big establishment fat cats
Old Jun 29th 2016, 1:27 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themadpooper
Er, no you won't
Well no because I'm not a smackhead.

I haven't heard anyone say they want America withdrawing from existing trade deals so you really need to put a lid on the hyperbole
Have you not been following the news? Clinton AND Trump are against the TPP and Trump is constantly attacking NAFTA and Clinton has also hedged about it a lot as well.

This is not hyperbole, right now this second Obama, Trudeau and Nieto are trying to figure out how to shore it up. A poll came out in Canada the other day showing only a quarter of Canadians support NAFTA.