Bonfire night...

Old Nov 5th 2009, 11:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bonfire night...

Originally Posted by Englishtart
We decided last night that we are going to have a 'bonfire night' tonight, we have some old wood in the garage and a firepit outside, no fireworks but we can foil wrap some spuds and put them in the pit, My Son and his friend will make a 'mini' guy fawkes and we will stand out by the fire and re-call bonfire nights of the past!

It's the best we can do, but at least it's better than nothing
Good for you!!

Are sparklers and the like legal where you are? They are here. Fireworks being illegal hasn't stopped my neighbors from setting them off, believe me.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 12:04 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Well we illegally sparked up the sparklers after dinner and the wee one was mesmerised by them....when she's old enough to hold one herself, should be more fun
Old Nov 6th 2009, 12:07 am
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

I had a fire, on my own, in the back garden.

The best part was putting it out and filling the area with the biggest cloud of smoke, from the smallest fire..
Old Nov 6th 2009, 12:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Well we illegally sparked up the sparklers after dinner and the wee one was mesmerised by them....when she's old enough to hold one herself, should be more fun
Good for you, how ridiculous to ban sparklers! I remember them being served in desserts for kids.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 2:19 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
Good for you, how ridiculous to ban sparklers! I remember them being served in desserts for kids.
aye....used to love them in a softserve with a flake

anyway, will have to buy some more sparklers sometime when we're next up in Maine, at least sparklers aren't banned up there
Old Nov 6th 2009, 2:26 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

I remember I had one in a birthday cake once... I must have been 5 or 6.

I was mesmerized... until the sparks flew into my eyes. My parents had to hold me under the faucet, I was screaming and wailing while they tried to rinse my eyes out to dull the hideous pain. I still have a weird dark spot in the left one, but it's small and I only notice if I think about it.

Old Nov 6th 2009, 10:17 am
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

That looks dangerous!

Move the propane tanks if your going to burn the kids...
Old Nov 6th 2009, 12:17 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
(This could get recursive)
I am unsure how to read this post, Poe's Law
Oh alright, you've twisted my arm....
Old Nov 6th 2009, 8:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Good for you!!

Are sparklers and the like legal where you are? They are here. Fireworks being illegal hasn't stopped my neighbors from setting them off, believe me.
We ended up just having the 'bonfire' in our fire pit out back, no guy, kids couldn't be bothered, no spuds either, nobody really wanted them...miserable kids, just wanted the fire so they could 'play' with it!
Old Nov 6th 2009, 10:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We ended up just having the 'bonfire' in our fire pit out back, no guy, kids couldn't be bothered, no spuds either, nobody really wanted them...miserable kids, just wanted the fire so they could 'play' with it!
Aw, if you like, I'll make you a guy for next year. Is there a particular protocol?
Old Nov 6th 2009, 11:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Aw, if you like, I'll make you a guy for next year. Is there a particular protocol?
Yep, has to be old mans worn out work clothes, stuffed with newspapers, has to have shoes and a homemade head with a hat and scarf!

Nothing like the original guy fawkes of course
Old Nov 6th 2009, 11:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yep, has to be old mans worn out work clothes, stuffed with newspapers, has to have shoes and a homemade head with a hat and scarf!

Nothing like the original guy fawkes of course
Hmmm ... that might be interesting to ship. I like the idea of the homemade head ... do people use paper mache?
Old Nov 7th 2009, 12:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hmmm ... that might be interesting to ship. I like the idea of the homemade head ... do people use paper mache?
If they want too, I used to just put newspaper inside a cut off nylon tight leg and shape it like a head, then cover it with a painted paper face.

Would be funny to send that through the mail!
Old Nov 7th 2009, 2:36 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

well our bonfire night was a blast, we went to the organised one up at Buille Hill Park and they'd made a massive bonfire in the shape of a spaceship that had crashed landed and even had sound effects and flashing lights to make it sound like aliens were inside trying to fix it, they used fireworks to pretend the equipment inside was shorting out and the aliens cursing it..

Then after about ten minutes of fire works and light display the whole thing went up in big ball of flames and they had little green men walking away from it shaking their heads and throwing their spanners at it, the kids all absolutely loved it..

and to top it all off we had a 30 minutes fireworks display that was huge and as loud as a sonic boom and all you could hear was the little one going 'oohhh' 'ahhhh' ..

but alas they didn't have any candy apples or bonfire toffee on sale...just some crappy burger and hotdog vans..bleugh..

but a good night was had by all
Old Nov 7th 2009, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to behold

Not all of us are missing out. Here in Maryland (Founded as a Catholic Colony, no less) we have the "Center for Fawkwsian Pursuits" who are dedicated "to the celebration of the failure of the gunpowder plot", and have a 5th of November do every year. If anyone cares their do is on tonight (7th November)

Basically, they're a bunch of old hippies who like to play with fire:

http://fifthofnovember.blogspot.com/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.