Wikiposts

Bloody weather!

Old Feb 5th 2009, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bloody weather!

Originally Posted by mayhemuk
Can't believe it. I'm flying from SFO to LHR tomorrow to go visit family back in Cornwall and the weather has gone TU!
Initially planned bus from LHR to Reading then started thinking might be better to stay off the roads and get the H Express to Paddington down.
Looks like everything is affected though.

Interested to hear from anyone who is travelling or has family in the Heathrow area about status.
Arrive 10:25am UKT on Weds 4th.

MIght all be academic as just read runways are closed so the flight will likely be affected.

Sheesh!

English whimps

We can have 3 feet of snow around NYC and the flights are slightly delayed
My mate came over a few years back and landed at JFK in a whole day of blizzards .... 6 inches of snow and england stops.
Old Feb 5th 2009, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

Pennywell has a brilliant futurePennywell has a brilliant futurePennywell has a brilliant futurePennywell has a brilliant futurePennywell has a brilliant futurePennywell has a brilliant future
Default Re: Bloody weather!

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
English whimps

We can have 3 feet of snow around NYC and the flights are slightly delayed
My mate came over a few years back and landed at JFK in a whole day of blizzards .... 6 inches of snow and england stops.
Yeah, but English snow is different, it's special! Even more special is snow that falls in the South East, never mind 6', 1' is enough to bring the M 25 to an even more grinding halt
But enough of the UK, I cannot wait for spring and as I keep telling the OH, " I did not move 3000 miles to be cold!". Sorry, the SAD has kicked in, off to take my happy pills....