Blimmin lonely.

Old Feb 12th 2012, 8:39 pm
Tattooed housewife

MummyKitty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Blimmin lonely.

I live in a ridiculously posh area because they schools are awesome, but what I didn't plan for is that it means I am the youngest mum at school by15-20 years (I'm only just past 30) and all the other mums are totally straight-laced conservatives who's only topics of conversation seem to be who shovels your driveway when it snows, which country club is best for which activities and what is an appropriate giftcard to get your personal trainer for Christmas.

Is it too much to ask to find someone who wants to dress too young, dance like a twat to music that makes no sense before puking and giggling all the way home then passing out? I figured there had to be someone like me here, but there doesn't seem to be!!! Forget about the tattoos and piercings, some I can't hide but I suspect I'll spend the summer in large cardigans.
Old Feb 12th 2012, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Blimmin lonely.

Originally Posted by MummyKitty
I live in a ridiculously posh area because they schools are awesome, but what I didn't plan for is that it means I am the youngest mum at school by15-20 years (I'm only just past 30) and all the other mums are totally straight-laced conservatives who's only topics of conversation seem to be who shovels your driveway when it snows, which country club is best for which activities and what is an appropriate giftcard to get your personal trainer for Christmas.

Is it too much to ask to find someone who wants to dress too young, dance like a twat to music that makes no sense before puking and giggling all the way home then passing out? I figured there had to be someone like me here, but there doesn't seem to be!!! Forget about the tattoos and piercings, some I can't hide but I suspect I'll spend the summer in large cardigans.
You have what they don't have and they can't even buy it. Have mercy on them.

Cheers
Old Feb 12th 2012, 10:06 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Blimmin lonely.

He he...you're living in 'Suburgatory'!

Definitely sounds like a kind of place where the Stepford Wives live (ie. Darien, CT) but I guess you live in Westchester County.

I'm in the New Jersey version. I joined the Newcomers Club when we first moved here and I thought "I don't fit in here" (I still don't, 11 years later). The main topic of conversation was which contractor to choose to do the new kitchen re-fit..

Hopefully I'll be out of here by the end of the year...
Old Feb 12th 2012, 10:06 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Blimmin lonely.

Originally Posted by cheers
You have what they don't have and they can't even buy it. Have mercy on them.

Cheers
Love it!
Old Feb 12th 2012, 10:11 pm
Tattooed housewife

MummyKitty is an unknown quantity at this point

But you can't leave! YOu were the one everyone was pointing me to when we were moving out here! Why are you leaving?!

Suburgatory... love it...

Apparently I live in the most affluent part of Westchester county... and I only moved here because it's where Professor X's mansion was in the X-Men!
Old Feb 12th 2012, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

mandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond repute

Word of warning, don't use the word tw@t in front of them. I said it a couple of times in general conversation and then later realized it is the equivalent of saying the C word here
Old Feb 12th 2012, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum

Definitely sounds like a kind of place where the Stepford Wives live (ie. Darien, CT) but I guess you live in Westchester County.

I'm in the New Jersey version. I joined the Newcomers Club when we first moved here and I thought "I don't fit in here" (I still don't, 11 years later). The main topic of conversation was which contractor to choose to do the new kitchen re-fit..

I lived in Asbury Park when I first came to the US. I remember towns called Toms River, Elbron?, Long Branch and a few others. That was back in the 40's and 50's. I only lived there for about 4 months I think.

hijack, hijack!

Cheers
Old Feb 12th 2012, 10:31 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I know what you mean, was living in a town a bit like that before.

Get to the parks and hang out with the nannies and whatever national au-pair is popular down your way.

You being a mum, it'll be even less creepy than when I was doing that
Old Feb 13th 2012, 2:41 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to my world.

My neighbours have weekly delivery/collections of laundry, bottled water, flowers, dry cleaning etc. On top of that the landscapers come at least once a week or more if a leaf should drop onto their neatly manicured lawns. During the summer months the pool company visits at least once a week...during the winter their drives are plowed. Not to mention the dog poo guy who comes a couple of times a week to clear the dog poo from the lawns...the list goes on.

Have to laugh...the dog poo guy always comes the day after the lawns have been mowed.
Old Feb 13th 2012, 3:40 am
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

I`m 50 summat, (no tattooes, unfortunately) and I was still 20 years too young for the Newcomers club! Got round the clothes problem by mail ordering from the UK. Amuse yourself by trying to get a facial expression out of someone who`s botoxed up to the eyeballs.
Look forward to Thanksgiving when you can gasp at the turkey cardis.
Never, ever confuse films and real life, even X-men.

Seriously, our big gaffe on arriving here was to try and persuade our American friends not to get plastered then drive home. After a while we just thought sod it, they`re grownups..........!
Old Feb 13th 2012, 3:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

A world where a disagreement about table decorations can reverberate down the years...incredible.
Old Feb 13th 2012, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute

It's the same in our area. I refuse to take the kids to school birthday parties since the topic with the men (if they go) is usually one of the following:
  • Stocks and shares (I do a 401K, and barely understand that).
  • Seems like a lot of family money, so often discuss the house on the Cape left to them by great, great, great granny.
  • And all discuss who to hire to do everything. If I can get away with it, I do EVERYTHING around the house. Basically, cos I can't afford any other way!

If the men don't go, the women look at me oddly and I stand by myself in the corner. Story of my life
Old Feb 13th 2012, 4:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

Me too, (doing stuff around the house). I`m currently wearing a fetching shade of gloss paint, doing the walls, and doing a way better job than the last person who hadnt a clue by the look of it!
Old Feb 13th 2012, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

NSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Englishmum

Darien is very much like that - we just laugh at it as it's the only way to cope. We asked the relocation company for somewhere family orientated and safe - well we got that LOL!

Suburgatory, it's such a funny show! Our American friends don't find it funny - I think that they think its a documentary
Old Feb 13th 2012, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

njmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nice

Have a look on facebook for the BigApple Brits group. They like to do all of that!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.