Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Black Friday deals - what's everyone bought?

Black Friday deals - what's everyone bought?

Old Dec 2nd 2013, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

rallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to all
Default Re: Black Friday deals - what's everyone bought?

Nothing in the stores - we didn't leave the house. Online, we bought a couple Christmas presents for Mrs Rallybug's friends & family, a number of blu-rays and DVDs and a few more bits and pieces for the Buglet. Oh, and new HD for my work laptop, with some more bits and pieces probably to come this week.
Old Dec 3rd 2013, 4:53 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Returned a gaming headset to Bestbuy...bought it over the weekend, and paid full price (duh) as hadn't reckoned on it being in the sales, and had been having trouble actually getting hold of the same model. Saw this morning that it was $20 off, but in the same ad, the next model up which had been $30 more expensive, was $100 off today, so the young fella is not only getting a better model, but it is also $70 cheaper than I expected. Result 1.

Result 2 was finally finishing my mams Christmas photo book, plus being motivated to finish our summer album....I do these on Snapfish, who had a 60% off coupon valid till midnight tonight. Gave me the motivation to get them both done, and saved a little over $100. And I've just checked, and they've extended the coupon for another couple of weeks.....but at least I am done.

ETA..I bought the snapfish books on a upromise MasterCard, so got another 14% as contribution to kids college savings account. Result 3!

Last edited by Yorkieabroad; Dec 3rd 2013 at 4:57 am.
Old Dec 3rd 2013, 4:07 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Bought a nice Whirlpool washer dryer yesterday got nearly $800 off the pair and then an added 10% discount, all the stores I went to were dead, and they said their sales ended on the 2nd of Dec....
Old Dec 4th 2013, 6:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

captainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond repute

Recently bought new range & microwave with 40% off, a new bathroom vanity with 40% off and a dishwasher with 45% off... none of this was on Thankless Thursday, Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, Sausage Sunday or Cyber(men) Monday.... all seems a bit of a waste of time and effort to me, considering the reduced prices at other times too!
Old Dec 4th 2013, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

I'm looking for a pair of leather high boots, but the pair I like is around $400, so I'm waiting to see if they go on sale, if ever. I did buy some clothes for the GK's that was a good deal though.
Old Dec 4th 2013, 6:54 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

Bought a car.
Old Dec 5th 2013, 2:56 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze
Bought a car.
Three words? that's it?
Old Dec 5th 2013, 11:15 am
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Three words? that's it?
There are a few more in the talking about cars thread. My old one decided my engine needed more aeration so decided to take matters into its own hands.
Old Dec 5th 2013, 4:06 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joto
I'm looking for a pair of leather high boots, but the pair I like is around $400, so I'm waiting to see if they go on sale, if ever. I did buy some clothes for the GK's that was a good deal though.
Kinky
Old Dec 6th 2013, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tonrob
Been busy online shopping this morning.

Bought a 15" 2.3GHz, 512Gb SSD, 16Gb RAM MacBook Pro this morning. Normally $2,599 since launch and Apple has a fairly crappy sale going on today where you get a $150 Apple Gift Card. Instead I went to MacMall which was offering the $150 as a straight discount and doesn't charge sales tax (at least in my state). I also went to MacMall via BigCrumbs, whose cashback for MacMall has risen this morning from 2.5% to 3.78%. Paid with an AMEX card for the free 1 year warranty extension.

Also went to TigerDirect and bought Windows 7 and Parallels 9 for $130, navigating via the ShopDiscover portal for 5% off and paying with an AMEX card that was synced with a $30 rebate if you spend $100 offer (so net cost approx $94).

Finally bought (more) Sears $50 gift cards via Shop Discover (10%), using my Discover card (5%) that's synced to Plink (6%) for a toyal of 21% off each card. Using these cards in Sears to buy Amazon and Shell gas gift cards.

Stop and Shop is offering 4x gas points on (any) gift card purchases until 5th December (maximum discount $2.20 off a gallon) so this, with the remainder of my gas purchase at 21% off will see me paying about a buck a gallon for Shell gas for the remainder of the year!
Quick hint. If trying to save every penny possible is big to you (and it sure sounds like it) then don't buy some over-priced laptop to start with!
Old Dec 6th 2013, 12:54 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TimberHut
Quick hint. If trying to save every penny possible is big to you (and it sure sounds like it) then don't buy some over-priced laptop to start with!

Them there's fightin' words!

I'd rather have a mac then some POS Windows c***, I'm afraid the old adage 'it just works' doesn't apply.
Old Dec 6th 2013, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by civilservant

Them there's fightin' words!

I'd rather have a mac then some POS Windows c***, I'm afraid the old adage 'it just works' doesn't apply.
Praps if you are trying to launch space shuttles or capture screen shots of atom splitting then you need to spend $2,600 (less 2.8672% and a 'free' $10 gift card if you buy it on a Weds whilst spinning around on your head) on a laptop.

If not - a $250 laptop more than does the biz nowadays. You could even spend 99 cents on a bottle of tippex and paint an 'i' in front of the name of it.
Old Dec 6th 2013, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Just ordered Parallels 8 from Newegg for $23.99 with a $20 MIR - using promo code EMCWVXP82.

It also includes a free copy of Viola - and with Shopprunner, I got free shipping (and no tax).

I figured $4 was worth it - I don't necessarily need Parallels 9.
Old Dec 6th 2013, 2:34 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not trying to save every penny possible as my primary goal. I am trying to get the things I want while paying the minimum possible amount.
Old Dec 9th 2013, 4:07 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute

Praps if you are trying to launch space shuttles or capture screen shots of atom splitting then you need to spend $2,600 (less 2.8672% and a 'free' $10 gift card if you buy it on a Weds whilst spinning around on your head) on a laptop.

If not - a $250 laptop more than does the biz nowadays. You could even spend 99 cents on a bottle of tippex and paint an 'i' in front of the name of it.
So I'm taking it you're not an Apple iFan?