Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Birthright Citizenship and Trump

Birthright Citizenship and Trump

Old Nov 4th 2018, 1:53 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Birthright Citizenship and Trump

Originally Posted by Boiler
Well each one would contribute on average an extra 12 metric tonnes of CO2, so multiply that by your chosen number, quite an extra addition.
I think they would breathe in any country though, wouldn't they

I don't think gases observe state boundaries for very long. Bloody illegal immigrant gases.
Old Nov 4th 2018, 2:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
I think they would breathe in any country though, wouldn't they

I don't think gases observe state boundaries for very long. Bloody illegal immigrant gases.
I do believe they would be breathing.

Greenhouses gases obviously affect the whole world.
Old Nov 4th 2018, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

If it's a gift, matey, they had better start making it free to get into.
Don't you think you would be happier back in the UK? I'm not saying that to be cheeky. But with the level of disdain you seem to have for the United States and its people with remarks like that, well, life is too short to willingly choose to live in a country you don't like, and among a people whom you don't respect. Not to mention the dismissiveness, and total lack of empathy, you have demonstrated you have towards the needs of struggling and poor Americans.
Old Nov 4th 2018, 9:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

14th amendment - Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
Old Nov 4th 2018, 1:57 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carcajou
Don't you think you would be happier back in the UK? I'm not saying that to be cheeky. But with the level of disdain you seem to have for the United States and its people with remarks like that, well, life is too short to willingly choose to live in a country you don't like, and among a people whom you don't respect. Not to mention the dismissiveness, and total lack of empathy, you have demonstrated you have towards the needs of struggling and poor Americans.
Well if you read my various posts over the years you would know where I stand on all these things. Feel free to use the search function.
Old Nov 4th 2018, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.apnews.com/e84cdca5b568402398eabfcd2b6ada07
Here's an option for constitutional change that I'd not read about before. It could be practical, I suppose.
Old Nov 4th 2018, 2:16 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

But with the level of disdain you seem to have for the United States and its people with remarks like that, well, life is too short to willingly choose to live in a country you don't like, and among a people whom you don't respect. Not to mention the dismissiveness, and total lack of empathy, you have demonstrated you have towards the needs of struggling and poor Americans.
You're totally wrong there about Lion in Winter. I'm actually quite surprised at your post, I don't always agree with your take on things but you don't tend to fling around unfounded personal slurs like this.
Old Nov 4th 2018, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

jkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond reputejkeller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
https://www.apnews.com/e84cdca5b568402398eabfcd2b6ada07
Here's an option for constitutional change that I'd not read about before. It could be practical, I suppose.
One of the big problems with constitutional amendments is that 3/4 of the states must agree on it. It's next to impossible to get 3/4 of state legislatures to agree on anything. The last one passed, #27 Delays laws affecting Congressional salary from taking effect until after the next election of representatives, took from 1789 to 1992 to be approved!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...s_Constitution
Old Nov 4th 2018, 2:36 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jkeller
One of the big problems with constitutional amendments is that 3/4 of the states must agree on it. It's next to impossible to get 3/4 of state legislatures to agree on anything. The last one passed, #27 Delays laws affecting Congressional salary from taking effect until after the next election of representatives, took from 1789 to 1992 to be approved!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...s_Constitution
Could not this one garner bi partisanship support?
Old Nov 4th 2018, 5:18 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

You might want to read some of LiW posts before you make statements about her.
As a matter of interest, do you live in the US?
Old Nov 4th 2018, 5:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Given that the US taxes citizens on their worldwide income regardless of where they reside in the world, many think of US citizenship as a millstone rather than a gift. There are many "accidental Americans" out there who are severely impacted by being US citizens.
Old Nov 4th 2018, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

PootleK is an unknown quantity at this point

Good grief.

Free your minds, people, free your minds. You do talk a lot of rubbish.
Great argument and counter to my point. Oh wait, you don't even address it, you just insulted me instead.

Last edited by PootleK; Nov 4th 2018 at 7:12 pm.
Old Nov 4th 2018, 6:47 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Could not this one garner bi partisanship support?
Given the tribal nature of US politics at the moment I don’t think you’d get bipartisan support for virtually anything, let alone a constitutional amendment.
Old Nov 4th 2018, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Given the tribal nature of US politics at the moment I don’t think you’d get bipartisan support for virtually anything, let alone a constitutional amendment.
Seeing all of the adverts in the run-up to Tuesday's elections, it's all "why you shouldn't vote for the other candidate" and very little of "Why you should vote for me". It's all mud-slinging.
Old Nov 4th 2018, 9:04 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BritInParis
We can live in hope, this seems a no brainer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.