Bi-Weekly pay

Old Feb 19th 2015, 12:44 pm
Banned

Canveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bi-Weekly pay

Anyone else take ages to adjust to this?

All your bills come out monthly, but your pay is bi weekly?

I always liked to have all my bills come out a couple of days after pay day. Kept me organized, now I have to try and spread them throughout the month pretty evenly, keeping track of what has and hasn't come out.

Minor gripe, but a gripe nonetheless!
Old Feb 19th 2015, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bi-Weekly pay

Oh, I quite like it.

I just organize my bills so that roughly half are taken up by the first pay day of the month and the remainder with the second. There are always those couple of months where there are three paychecks where it fools me into thinking it's bonus money.
Old Feb 19th 2015, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

NatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond repute

We've just switched over to this system. It's a total pain. We took a credit card cash advance (interest free, with a 3% fee) and use it as 'float' to pay all our bills out of, then top up the float money when we get paid. We have 3 paydays in May so we will repay the credit card then.

We also set all our bills up (food shopping, childcare, car insurance, utilities, phone, TV, internet, gym) to be paid by credit card. I use a Southwest credit card, it racks up air miles for each dollar we spend. We have just been to Florida with the proceeds It also means that we have some extra leeway, since, even if the due date for a bill falls before payday, it will be paid off on the credit card and we can pay it a few days later.
Old Feb 19th 2015, 1:02 pm
Banned

Canveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of our major bills (Rent, Childcare, Insurances) come out on the first of the month, which means that pay check is a tough one! We haven't been here long enough to get any kind of system in place yet to save the money in the good pay check!

I am sure we will once we have settled.

Our 3 payday month is in July. Boy am I looking forward to that!
Old Feb 19th 2015, 1:05 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

I get paid weekly, though my wife gets paid bi-weekly. I actually like it better than calendar monthly like I was paid in the UK. You don't have that awful 6-week period between the December and January paychecks for a kick off.

I had the bonus of marrying an American, so there was no need to adjust to a new bill paying schedule as she already had it sorted out, but even when we get new things added, like a new credit card or car payment or something like that, we just make sure they're all spread out evenly so we're not scrambling for money, or it doesn't all need to be paid the day the mortgage is due.
Old Feb 19th 2015, 1:15 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I was on half-monthly for several years, then switched to fortnightly. The switch was irritating because now every month is slightly different - about a third of the time (four months) I have to hold the mortgage money almost until the next payday, and other large ad hoc bills sometime fall into the same two week period as other bills. I have never quite got into the habit of keep as much of a float in my account as I should have.
Old Feb 19th 2015, 1:18 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I was on half-monthly for several years, then switched to fortnightly. The switch was irritating because now every month is slightly different - about a third of the time (four months) I have to hold the mortgage money almost until the next payday, and other large ad hoc bills sometime fall into the same two week period as other bills. I have never quite got into the habit of keep as much of a float in my account as I should have.
Weekly definitely makes it easier, I think. My wife and I were both on weekly pay for the first few years after I started working, and there was a bit of a faff when she moved to a new job and went back to bi-weekly again.

Having one of my paychecks in between each of hers seems to lessen the impact though.
Old Feb 19th 2015, 1:35 pm
Banned

Exactly this.

I really need to save as much a I can from the next "good" paycheck. Or just cling on until July and the 3 pay day month
Old Feb 19th 2015, 2:26 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

We both get paid every two weeks but opposite 2 weeks so we get one pay check every week. Works out well
Old Feb 19th 2015, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond repute

I get paid weakly, twice a month.
Old Feb 19th 2015, 3:15 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute

You and me both. I end up floating money in and out from my savings when that happens. I should just keep a bit more in my main account (but then I may just spend it...!)

I'm on semi-monthly right now and it works out well. I split my mortgage to be paid twice a month too (I previously was unaware you could do this) just so I wasn't so heavily loaded on the front of the month.

I'm not a huge fan of the biweekly payments - it gets hard to figure out where you really stand sometimes.
Old Feb 19th 2015, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

Phyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond repute

I like the bi-weekly pay as you are never more than 2 weeks without money!

I am, however, quite OCD on my finances. I have a track of everything 'regular' for a month ahead using a software package. Overestimate on outgoings, underestimate on incomings.

So any 'free' spending is based around a combination of what I have now and will have then.
Old Feb 19th 2015, 3:35 pm
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Took a few months to get used to but I've got it all under control now. First payment of the month takes care of rent and the second one is used for bills. The 2 'bonus' payments we're saving for Christmas.
Old Feb 19th 2015, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Me and the wife both get paid every 2 weeks, on alternate weeks too which is handy. I love it.
Old Feb 19th 2015, 5:49 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Every two weeks here, but Mrs. N. makes everything work (if it was left to me, we would starve after 3 days).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.