Best Hotdogs?

Old May 30th 2010, 10:09 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Best Hotdogs?

So now it's the summer and Memorial weekend, what hotdogs do you folks like?

Ballpark Franks, mostly because our local Stop and Shop has a buy one get 1 free deal going.

For the same money, when there's no deal going, the Trader Joes own brand stuff, but those are a bit to depressingly healthy for you.

Kayem Deli jobbies, in the blue box from the bulk store if doing a party, they aren't bad, not great though, very generic.

Vienna and Oscar Meyers are very meh though....anything better?
Old May 31st 2010, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

Cat Whisperer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Best Hotdogs?

Nathans natural casing hotdogs - yum!
Old May 31st 2010, 12:28 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Nathan's is first for me; second would be Boar's Head with natural casting and third would be Hebrew National.

Grill and then top with Boar's Head sweet vidalia onions in sauce and spicy brown mustard. If you can't get the sauce then spicy brown mustard and sauerkraut.
Old May 31st 2010, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
So now it's the summer and Memorial weekend, what hotdogs do you folks like?

Ballpark Franks, mostly because our local Stop and Shop has a buy one get 1 free deal going.

For the same money, when there's no deal going, the Trader Joes own brand stuff, but those are a bit to depressingly healthy for you.

Kayem Deli jobbies, in the blue box from the bulk store if doing a party, they aren't bad, not great though, very generic.

Vienna and Oscar Meyers are very meh though....anything better?

Forget Hotdogs!

right now, I'm in Frankenmuth, Michigan, staying at the Bavarian Inn Lodge. I've just had one of their Bratwursts - EXCELLENT!

Jim.
Old May 31st 2010, 12:32 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

National Hebrew and Nathans
Old May 31st 2010, 1:57 am
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Vienna are NOT meh!

Take that back!
Old May 31st 2010, 3:16 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Not tried Nathans or Boars Head, but the Hebrew National, thought they were a bit gummy and not all that meaty tasting, plenty of fluff like garlic, but if I want that, I'll chuck it into the bun.
Old May 31st 2010, 4:24 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I never buy hotdogs to cook for myself. When I crave a hotdog, the best place is Costco!!! OMG. Their hotdogs are delicious, and it's only $1.50 for a large hotdog and medium drink. Can't go wrong!

(I'm thinking Costco uses Hebrew National hotdogs)

Rene
Old May 31st 2010, 4:42 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

So far, all the ones I've tried have been rank. But I've been meaning to try Hebrew National - so I will.
Old May 31st 2010, 4:43 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I never buy hotdogs to cook for myself. When I crave a hotdog, the best place is Costco!!! OMG. Their hotdogs are delicious, and it's only $1.50 for a large hotdog and medium drink. Can't go wrong!

Rene
I totally agree! Costco has the best hotdogs!
Old May 31st 2010, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

Leyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
National Hebrew and Nathans
Ditto on both.
Old May 31st 2010, 10:07 am
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Noorah101

Rene
They used to. They are Kirkland now

Most people will claim to know the difference (When they know they have switched) but it's pretty much the same.
Old May 31st 2010, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

srefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
Forget Hotdogs!

right now, I'm in Frankenmuth, Michigan, staying at the Bavarian Inn Lodge. I've just had one of their Bratwursts - EXCELLENT!

Jim.
Shouldn't you be having one of Zenders "World Famous" chicken dinners?
Old May 31st 2010, 2:57 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Frank's Franks, But only when watching the Sox play at Fenway!!
Nathan's
Hebrew National
Old May 31st 2010, 2:59 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chartreuse
So far, all the ones I've tried have been rank. But I've been meaning to try Hebrew National - so I will.
Hebrew National are good - that is the only hotdog I will eat. Best done on a charcoal grill and BURNT. BTW, I think the "traditional" Hebrew National are better tasting than the low-sodium ones. That way, you maximize that good sodium nitrate flavor.

I consulted learned rabbinical opinion back to the Talmud and sodium nitrate is kosher.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.