Best Hotdogs?

Old May 31st 2010, 3:07 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best Hotdogs?

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I never buy hotdogs to cook for myself. When I crave a hotdog, the best place is Costco!!! OMG. Their hotdogs are delicious, and it's only $1.50 for a large hotdog and medium drink. Can't go wrong!
Around where I am, it's Five Guys Burgers and Fries that do the best hotdogs for cheap...quite lovely they are too.

Back in Maine, Wasses, they did the best hotdogs, they were awesome, but it weren't half a dodgy looking shack
Old May 31st 2010, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
So now it's the summer and Memorial weekend, what hotdogs do you folks like?

Ballpark Franks, mostly because our local Stop and Shop has a buy one get 1 free deal going.

For the same money, when there's no deal going, the Trader Joes own brand stuff, but those are a bit to depressingly healthy for you.

Kayem Deli jobbies, in the blue box from the bulk store if doing a party, they aren't bad, not great though, very generic.

Vienna and Oscar Meyers are very meh though....anything better?
Is there something good about any hot dog ?
The only hot dog I ever had was in Northampton, England in the 70's at a fair. It didnt taste like crap.
Old May 31st 2010, 3:32 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

Whichever ones are on sale!!!....and packed with all the blended bits of dodgy meat leftovers....

Hot dogs...really? is that why we slather all sorts of sauces on them...cos they taste like poo!!!

One day I'd like to actually see a real "hot dog" on a bun..then I'd be impressed, maybe a tea cup poodle or something...lovely and grilled...with mustard..
Old May 31st 2010, 3:59 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Hebrew National for me. @ Kroger this weekend, they were 2 for $5 and there was a sampler wifie giving away $1 off 1 coupons. 2 for $3 = result

Having said that Meijer had Kahns on sale for $0.79 each and I had a $1 off 2 coupon = $0.30 each = result

The non-beef ones are all "lips and a$$"
Old May 31st 2010, 4:05 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by SDDep

Hot dogs...really? is that why we slather all sorts of sauces on them...cos they taste like poo!!!
The ALL BEEF ones are actually tasty!

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
Is there something good about any hot dog ?
I dunno, you tell me?

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
The only hot dog I ever had was in Northampton, England in the 70's at a fair. It didnt taste like crap.
Thanks for that!

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
The non-beef ones are all "lips and a$$"
Indeed they are.

You can get good sausage here, but you need to speak polish/german.

The Irish sausage is normally shit.
Old May 31st 2010, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy

The Irish sausage is normally shit.
The ones on sale on Mclean ave in Yonkers are damm good
The bacon is good too
Old May 31st 2010, 5:05 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SDDep
One day I'd like to actually see a real "hot dog" on a bun..then I'd be impressed, maybe a tea cup poodle or something...lovely and grilled...with mustard..
I'm sure Cindy could get you a good deal on a trip to South Korea...
Old Jun 1st 2010, 3:16 am
BE Enthusiast

orangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bob
Around where I am, it's Five Guys Burgers and Fries that do the best hotdogs for cheap...quite lovely they are too.

Back in Maine, Wasses, they did the best hotdogs, they were awesome, but it weren't half a dodgy looking shack
I love Five Guys!
Also Nathans are good.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 6:43 am
With 'er indoors :-D

Rumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really nice

The best 'at home' dogs are BallPark Angus.

Out and about the best I've had are from Johnnie's Dog House.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 6:00 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinbar
I totally agree! Costco has the best hotdogs!
...one fiddy with drink - can't be beat!! lol.
I can't resist getting one every time I go in... even if they're 500+ calories!!

Still, I'm a brat person.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 6:17 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone finds themselves in this neck of the woods, gimme a shout and we'll go to Coney Island

Along the junk food lines, there is also:

Powers burgers

Cindy's Diner

both are little shacks
Old Jun 1st 2010, 7:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Anything Bilinski.