Being prepared

Old May 15th 2013, 12:34 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Being prepared

Originally Posted by joto
I usually plan what I'm going to pack about 2-3 weeks out, and pack 2 days before I leave. If I'm going to visit the Grandkids, I usually take a load of clothes and toys for them, and squeeze my stuff in the space that is left. That leaves me space in the suitcase for some Italian goodies on the way back.
I do this.

When I went to the UK this year, I had most stuff packed a week or two beforehand... Then I started snacking on the stuff I was meant to be taking with me and had to buy more.
Old May 15th 2013, 12:48 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

The missus packs for her and the kids when we go anywhere.

I then repack everything, so that we can get the stuff into a couple of bags, rather than having to use a whole fleet of the buggers.

We still end up with a bundle of bags, just for the kids toys, who never play with them when we get where ever, but will freak if they aren't there...the crapper ring, night lights, blankets and other things that don't shrink.

It's why we're driving half way across the country this summer instead of flying...well that and the cost too :/
Old May 15th 2013, 1:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
The problem with visiting the UK in the warmer months is that it can be cold. I spent July and August in the UK a few years ago...I only took sandals and summer clothes. I had to buy shoes, a coat, sweaters, jeans etc. Packing is a pain because it's wise to throw a few warm/water resistant clothes in the case...along with summer clothes.

My husband has travelled a lot on business...he normally throws a few things in his hand luggage just before he walks out the door.
Are you sure you didn't plan that, JG?
Old May 15th 2013, 1:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Are you sure you didn't plan that, JG?

I know...what a drag having to go out and buy new clothes.
Old May 15th 2013, 2:21 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid
Better a Nancy than a noncey.
Are the two mutually exclusive? Maybe one of us should find the time to Peruse the interweb, peruly in the interest of science.
Old May 15th 2013, 3:06 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Do the restrictions include weight? If not, try the plactic bags that you attach to a vacuum cleaner to suck the air out of the clothes inside to compact them into pancakes.

Regards, JEff
Originally Posted by RICH
I'm off in 3 weeks, and since I am trying to do carry on only AND got Ryanair restrictions to satisfy in Dublin, I will be attempting to compact things this weekend to see if it is viable!. I suspect not!
Old May 15th 2013, 3:18 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Reminds me of the canoeing vacation the ex and I took in Maine one year. Driving from the Jersey shore, we realized on a pit stop in Mass that she hadn't put her dufflebag in the car. It's a good thing that LL Bean is open 24/7/365, we were there about 3 AM.

Regards, JEff
...what a drag having to go out and buy new clothes.
Old May 15th 2013, 6:05 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

The problem with visiting the UK in the warmer months is that it can be cold. I spent July and August in the UK a few years ago...I only took sandals and summer clothes. I had to buy shoes, a coat, sweaters, jeans etc. Packing is a pain because it's wise to throw a few warm/water resistant clothes in the case...along with summer clothes.
This seems to be a problem we are going to have. Apparently it still gets close to freezing in North Yorkshire during the nights this year. Hopefully it might warm up a bit in the next 2 weeks.
Old May 15th 2013, 6:33 pm
Ginger Monkey

Gingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond repute

I usually plan my packing about a week ahead, and get all the tasks like laundry and finding passports, etc done during that week. I also go out and buy any gifts/snacks or toiletries that week, so I'm not tempted to eat them/use them before we go. Then, when I'm ready to pack the night before, everything's clean and ready and it takes me about half an hour... even for vactions of several weeks or more.

My husband used to pack several weeks in advance, but he's come around to my way of thinking. I mean, you NEED the stuff you're packing, if you get it all ready too far in advance!
Old May 15th 2013, 9:10 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer
Are the two mutually exclusive? Maybe one of us should find the time to Peruse the interweb, peruly in the interest of science.
It would be perudent do do that. Perusmably the information is out there for everyone to see.. it's just a case of finding it.
Old May 15th 2013, 11:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
This seems to be a problem we are going to have. Apparently it still gets close to freezing in North Yorkshire during the nights this year. Hopefully it might warm up a bit in the next 2 weeks.
They've had some warmer weather (I would assume after seeing my granddaughters running around in their back garden in swim suits.) And then it turns a bit chilly. I'm hoping when we get there that it stays fairly decent.
Old May 16th 2013, 8:00 am
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

It would be perudent do do that. Perusmably the information is out there for everyone to see.. it's just a case of finding it.
Finding it and eradicating the root cause, is the perunnial problem, isn't it?
Old May 16th 2013, 11:25 am

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Finding it and eradicating the root cause, is the perunnial problem, isn't it?
Indeed it is. You may be surprised at what the FBI will do to perusue the perupetrators of that kind of thing, once they have a little bit of information though.
Old May 16th 2013, 1:12 pm
Life goes on.

Indeed it is. You may be surprised at what the FBI will do to perusue the perupetrators of that kind of thing, once they have a little bit of information though.
I think Perups we've gone as far as we can with this, don't you?
Old May 16th 2013, 1:14 pm

I think Perups we've gone as far as we can with this, don't you?
You're perubably right.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.