Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

BBC America HD on DirecTV

BBC America HD on DirecTV

Old Aug 15th 2012, 8:49 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default BBC America HD on DirecTV

As subject the HD switch was thrown today, at long last.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 9:32 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC America HD on DirecTV

Why?

I mean both a satellite subscription and BBC America.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 9:40 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Why?

I mean both a satellite subscription and BBC America.
Why not, I prefer to have satellite TV than have to mess around downloading stuff with a computer. In fact I have a small computer connected to my surround sound amp and hardly ever use it.

BBCA worth it for Top gear alone.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 10:02 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
Why not, I prefer to have satellite TV than have to mess around downloading stuff with a computer. In fact I have a small computer connected to my surround sound amp and hardly ever use it.

BBCA worth it for Top gear alone.

Downloading, eh? That went out with the Ark.

IPTV w/ VPN.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 10:05 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Iowa Public Television?
Old Aug 15th 2012, 10:36 pm
Septicity

Originally Posted by Boiler
Iowa Public Television?

Don't be silly.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 10:39 pm

Downloading, eh? That went out with the Ark.

IPTV w/ VPN.
Yep VPN that was what I meant by downloading. To watch anything off BBC I have to download as the connection isn't good enough to stream live in HD. Takes about 2 hours to download an hour of HD to watch later.

Anything else I can get off the satellite and record it onto my five tuner box. VOD comes online and records to the box hard drive.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 10:48 pm
Septicity

Yep VPN that was what I meant by downloading. To watch anything off BBC I have to download as the connection isn't good enough to stream live in HD. Takes about 2 hours to download an hour of HD to watch later.

Anything else I can get off the satellite and record it onto my five tuner box. VOD comes online and records to the box hard drive.

Bad internet, eh? Call your local councilman! Actually, I just flick the iplayer to SD. But that's because I'm too cheap to buy anything but the cheapest plan off of our local licensed robbers.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 10:50 pm

Bad internet, eh?
The bit I have no control over. Somewhere from the vpn server and handing off to my local link.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 10:56 pm
Septicity

The bit I have no control over. Somewhere from the vpn server and handing off to my local link.
It's a bu88er when that happens. Trace the route, find where they've connected it with a piece of wet string, and whine in your official capacity.
Old Aug 16th 2012, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

Karen68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really nice

About time......and just in time for Dr Who.
Old Aug 16th 2012, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute

Verizon Fios got it too in the last couple of days
Old Aug 16th 2012, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud of

Agree there. I'm all linked up with PC/TV/Home theater but give me the real thing anyday. Especially with live sport.
Old Aug 16th 2012, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously just in time for Copper.

Looking forward to some HD Top Gear and Who without having to go to other means.
Old Aug 16th 2012, 7:02 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hobbes79
Verizon Fios got it too in the last couple of days
Don't know about you, but it's been as choppy as shit though....hoping it'll sort itself out though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.