Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Basketball -Golden State Warriors vs Cavaliers

Basketball -Golden State Warriors vs Cavaliers

Old Dec 25th 2015, 9:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Basketball -Golden State Warriors vs Cavaliers

I think basketball is the most unpopular sport with British Expats. I have never been a fan, but recently my g/f has become a big fan and thus, I have been forced to endure many games on TV and have developed an appreciation for it. Just so happens that our local team - Golden State Warriors (Oakland) are doing phenomenally well, and apparently redefining the game. Steph Curry is (relatively) short and light, and is out-scoring everyone with his phenomenal 3-point throws. The whole team is a pleasure to watch.

Anyway - today's game (just started at 2:30pm PT) should be a good one to watch!

Even if you hate basketball, Warriors-Cavaliers on Christmas Day is must-watch TV
Old Dec 25th 2015, 10:25 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Basketball -Golden State Warriors vs Cavaliers

I seriously can't be ärsed with basketball, but Steph Curry is a Charlotte, NC native, or at least he went to high school there, and then went to a local college too and became quite a local phenomenon. He led his small private college basketball team to the final eight teams (quarter finals) in the 2008 NCAA basket ball tournament, leading him to be a very early first round NBA draft pick in 2009.

Last edited by Pulaski; Dec 25th 2015 at 11:03 pm.
Old Dec 25th 2015, 10:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I seriously can't be ärsed with basketball, but Steph Curry is a Charlotte native, or at least he went to high school there, and then went to a local college too and became quite a phenomenon. He led his small private college basketball team to the final eight teams (quarter finals) in the 2008 NCAA basket ball tournament, leading him to be a very early first round NBA draft pick in 2009.
The big complaint about basketball has been that you have a bunch of big hunkin' 7 footers standing by the rim popping the ball in the net. With the Warriors, you have a team of fast moving, lighter, shorter players making incredible throws (and passes). The Warriors are also playing truly as a 'team', passing the ball well. I can't believe I'm really enjoying them!
Old Dec 26th 2015, 6:07 am
BE Practitioner (Level 2)

username.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond repute

I watched the Finals last year and it was such a joy to see the Warriors win and Steph Curry in particular crowned MVP.

The guy oozes skill and is just a different kind of hero to the likes of Kobe, Lebron etc. ESPN were showing a video of him in the warm ups the other night sinking buckets from near the halfway line, time after time! The guy is amazing.

As for American sports, my order of preference:
1. Hockey
2. Baseball
3. Basketball
4. Gridiron
Old Jan 4th 2016, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

helwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
The big complaint about basketball has been that you have a bunch of big hunkin' 7 footers standing by the rim popping the ball in the net. With the Warriors, you have a team of fast moving, lighter, shorter players making incredible throws (and passes). The Warriors are also playing truly as a 'team', passing the ball well. I can't believe I'm really enjoying them!
Wait until you see the Spurs.
Old Jan 4th 2016, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Meh!
Old Jan 4th 2016, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helwardman
Wait until you see the Spurs.
I hope they play Footy better than they can sing;