Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Back to school - don't bring peanuts

Back to school - don't bring peanuts

Old Aug 17th 2014, 9:43 pm
Account Closed

Uncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Back to school - don't bring peanuts

Originally Posted by Michael
If that is what you want, then try to get a city ordinance passed but schools have a responsibility to try to keep kids safe.
No if you want an exception then you get your ordinance and more government involved in trivial cases. Lets not forget that now kids are in general safe, they always have been. whats changed? You want peanut detectors at the school gates and hazmat cafeterias? Because where will it stop?
Old Aug 17th 2014, 9:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle_Bob
I'm asking questions and not getting answers, you offer selfish opinion, parlor talk and fluff, of which you seem you enjoy.

previously a PB & J sarnie was fine. And it it should be now IMO, no right testicle required, got a problem with that then YOU deal with it, capisce?
Would you be OK if your kid's school allowed cats to roam throughout the school daily? For my kids, that would have been fine and they would have likely got a great deal of pleasure. Would that make me a responsible person if I demanded that cats be allowed to be brought to school?
Old Aug 17th 2014, 10:42 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

No if you want an exception then you get your ordinance and more government involved in trivial cases. Lets not forget that now kids are in general safe, they always have been. whats changed? You want peanut detectors at the school gates and hazmat cafeterias? Because where will it stop?
School rules and regulations change all the time so it shouldn't surprise you. Safety is what counts and to avoid a situation I imagine the school decided to be proactive.

I dont know why you feel the need to make such a big deal about this. As a father isn't a safe environment for your children to be in day in and day out important to you? So making a rule that will help put a lot of parents minds at ease should be accepted with no recourse. It's not like your kids are going to suffer because of this change.
Old Aug 18th 2014, 12:40 am
Account Closed

Uncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michael
Would you be OK if your kid's school allowed cats to roam throughout the school daily? For my kids, that would have been fine and they would have likely got a great deal of pleasure. Would that make me a responsible person if I demanded that cats be allowed to be brought to school?
Spoken from someone who feels they have a right to have a cat in their apartment despite their landlords wishes, who may have concerns for future tenants allergies?

Last edited by Uncle_Bob; Aug 18th 2014 at 12:55 am.
Old Aug 18th 2014, 12:49 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
School rules and regulations change all the time so it shouldn't surprise you. Safety is what counts and to avoid a situation I imagine the school decided to be proactive.

I dont know why you feel the need to make such a big deal about this. As a father isn't a safe environment for your children to be in day in and day out important to you? So making a rule that will help put a lot of parents minds at ease should be accepted with no recourse. It's not like your kids are going to suffer because of this change.
So the school can be proactive and ban and police my kids lunch? we can ignore the fact that school buses are unsafe for the majority? We do not need a rule over a friggin peanut OK. To roll over and accept such is very British.

Thumbs up for the peanut butter sarnie

Keep calm and eat peanut butter

Last edited by Uncle_Bob; Aug 18th 2014 at 12:52 am.
Old Aug 18th 2014, 1:02 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Aug 18th 2014, 1:47 am
Some Where in the Desert

AZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of light

where is the scientific proof regarding these allergies? why are they so common now? there is no explanation, its all fluff. .....
If it all fluff please explain why Standford University, John Hopkins, and Boston Children's Hospital are researching treatments for Peanut Allergies?

Clinical Trials - Food Allergies - Stanford Alliance for Food Allergy Research (SAFAR) - Stanford Medicine

Children’s Hospital at Johns Hopkins | Baltimore, Maryland

http://www.childrenshospital.org/hea...013/11-04-2013

Last edited by AZ_Alba; Aug 18th 2014 at 1:49 am. Reason: Missed Boston Study
Old Aug 18th 2014, 1:47 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

So the school can be proactive and ban and police my kids lunch? we can ignore the fact that school buses are unsafe for the majority? .....
Every child in the school can ride the bus and will likely survive the experience even if the buses don't have seat belts. The same is not true of coming into contact with peanut butter. I am mystified why you cannot tell the difference.
..... We do not need a rule over a friggin peanut OK. To roll over and accept such is very British.
Well if being British is being a pompous, arrogant and self-centered @rsë, as a small minority of Brits manage to portray themselves when they visit the US, then I guess you are correct.
Old Aug 18th 2014, 1:57 am
Account Closed

Enough fluff, this thread is dead now please?
Old Aug 18th 2014, 2:01 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I bought a jar of peanut butter today, it was not on my list but how could I walk past it?
Old Aug 18th 2014, 3:23 am
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

We don't/haven't had any such rules/policies/request letters in our school district. Which In Southern California is a bit surprising.
Old Aug 19th 2014, 10:52 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

When the Sproutlet reaches school age they'll be begging her to eat peanut butter instead...
Old Aug 19th 2014, 1:18 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
When the Sproutlet reaches school age they'll be begging her to eat peanut butter instead...

Sprout Surprise for lunch.
Old Aug 19th 2014, 5:08 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek

Sprout Surprise for lunch.
And the surprise is for everybody else....

....later
Old Aug 19th 2014, 5:14 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

My dog is dropping those sort of surprises today...normally a sign that she has been fed flaming hot Cheetos. All the usual suspects (ie wife) are denying involvement but I found a packet in the trash, so unless the dog has developed opposable thumbs, she must have an accomplice.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.