The Archers

Old Mar 11th 2013, 12:04 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Archers

Does anyone else listen to this everyday story of country folk?
Old Mar 11th 2013, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all
Default Re: The Archers

Originally Posted by Meow
not since television was invented
Old Mar 11th 2013, 12:35 pm

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Sometimes by default but never by design.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 12:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

I do - but NOT EVERY DAY. Honestly ! It was better when Walter Gabriel was still alive.

Last edited by scot47; Mar 11th 2013 at 12:55 pm.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 12:52 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I've heard an entire blasting of it, once.

It's utterly criminal that shit like that can be broadcast.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 12:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

If Scamp feels like that, I think I will sign up with the Archers Fan Club.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 12:55 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
I do - but NOT EVERY DAY. Honesty ! It was better when Walter Gabriel was still alive.
Walter Gabriel? You must be old. I remember Nelson Gabriel.

Scamp- It's far better than miserable plebian tripe like Eastenders or Corrie
Old Mar 11th 2013, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Scamp
I've heard an entire blasting of it, once.

It's utterly criminal that shit like that can be broadcast.
Please! - I have listenend every day to the Archers since I was 4 years old! Way before the days of Television, when it was transmitted on the BBC Home Service (Before it became Radio 4 in 1967)

We are also coming-up for the Doctor Who 50th Aniversary later this year, and yes I did hide behind the sofa!
Old Mar 11th 2013, 1:01 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Scamp- It's far better than miserable plebian tripe like Eastenders or Corrie
Originally Posted by jackthehat
Please! - I have listenend every day to the Archers since I was 4 years old! Way before the days of Television, when it was transmitted on the BBC Home Service (Before it became Radio 4 in 1967)!
The aforementioned shows (by Meow) have been on for donkeys years...but it doesn't make them good.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=Scamp;10596916]The aforementioned shows (by Meow) have been on for donkeys years...but it doesn't make them good.[/QUOTE

When I require an Opinion I will give you one!
Old Mar 11th 2013, 1:08 pm
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by Scamp
The aforementioned shows (by Meow) have been on for donkeys years...but it doesn't make them good.
Exactly, Eastenders & Corrie are shite
Old Mar 11th 2013, 1:10 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jackthehat
When I require an Opinion I will give you one!
Apparently so.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 1:11 pm

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Exactly, Eastenders & Corrie are shite
But Corrie used to be good when Annie Walker and Bet Lynch and Albert Tatlock and Stan and Hilda Ogden and, ahem, Ena Sharples were on it...absolutely unmissable.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 1:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

When that nice Mr Macmillan were at Noomber 10, it were right good.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 1:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute

I didnt think of this (Idiot!) I used to like listening to the Archers on my way home from work in the UK. If i happened to be travelling at that time. I guess here it would make for nice bed time listening. I have an internet radio for just such a purpose.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.