Apocalypse Plans?

Old May 19th 2011, 12:19 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Apocalypse Plans?

Originally Posted by SarahG
Apparently there are a load of "believers" travelling the country in RVs spreading the word that the world is going to end on May 21. Weirdly, they say that judgment DAY will last 6 months!

World population has increased dramatically since the writing of the fictional bible.
Old May 19th 2011, 3:17 pm
Diamond Geezer

Ridski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
That's two jobs I can't figure out how to get:

1. Movie/theatre/restaurant critic
2. Astrology column writer

How do you wangle it to get paid for this? I am jealous.

Here, let me have a go:

Taurus: You are bullish today. An acquaintance from the past will rekindle old feelings. A financial surprise is on the cards.
Cheers. I'll pass that along to my wife, who as one of her many jobs, writes an astrology column every morning, based on advice she'd like to give to her mates.

Expect to see "Libra: Go see Bridesmaids tonight, it's very funny" doing the rounds on your astrology feeds soon...
Old May 20th 2011, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

Chugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Octang Frye;9370301]Just wondered if anyone had anything special planned for this Saturday?
We were meant to be going to see U2 (not my choice, but the ticket was free).

But apparently it all goes down this Saturday, starting in Japan. 7,000 years ago, it was a flood. This time it will be by fire apparently.

We have the billboards here in Denver, plus I've seen those vans around town, and in Chicago.

I guess I'm pretty much farked. Are you any of you righteous enough to be raptured?

That's my birthday plans out the window then.
Old May 20th 2011, 10:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
World population has increased dramatically since the writing of the fictional bible.
Santa still does it all in one night.
Old May 20th 2011, 11:11 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
That's fine by me - but don't expect Poppy to show up..
Just seen this you s..t lol I am never gonna live that down am I!!!

Last edited by Poppy girl; May 20th 2011 at 11:14 pm.
Old May 20th 2011, 11:30 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Pascal's Wager (or Pascal's Gambit) is a suggestion posed by the French philosopher, mathematician, and physicist Blaise Pascal that even if the existence of God cannot be determined through reason, a rational person should wager as though God exists, because living life accordingly has everything to gain, and nothing to lose. Pascal formulated his suggestion uniquely on the God of Jesus Christ as implied by the greater context of his Pensées, a posthumously published collection of notes made by Pascal in his last years as he worked on a treatise on Christian apologetics. The Wager was set out in note 233 of this work.

To summarize, it's a good bet to believe in God, because:
1. If there isn't, at least you've led a good life by a good moral code.
2. If there is, and you're naughty, you'll be smited/smote and send to H E double hockey sticks. So best believe.
As you say it make assumptions, a bit like, if you believe 'A', then it makes sense to believe 'A', I see no argument with that.

It all boils down to, is the God that most people believe in the real deal, even if there is a God.

What if god, should s/he exist, send all the non-believers to heaven for deciding to weigh up evidence, what if the test of faith was just a trap to catch fools and so they end up in hell.

Plus believing in God and living a good moral code do not seem to have a good record of correlation; some do and some do not, for both believers and none believers.

Maybe we should all believe in the tea pot, just in case.

Last edited by kimilseung; May 20th 2011 at 11:32 pm.
Old May 21st 2011, 11:51 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently the Westboro Baptist church is in town this weekend to stir things up so they didn't think it was the Apocalypse yet.
Old May 21st 2011, 2:40 pm
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Sheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be very cross if we miss the last day of The Premiership
Old May 21st 2011, 2:48 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

On another note I do think it is sad that the weaker spirited and fragile folk have been taken in and gone to bizarre and very sad lengths to try and protect themselves, I saw on the news some wacked woman that was going to murder her son rather then him go through the Apocalypse and all the desperate folk that put their animals to sleep its extremely sad
Old May 21st 2011, 4:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
On another note I do think it is sad that the weaker spirited and fragile folk have been taken in and gone to bizarre and very sad lengths to try and protect themselves, I saw on the news some wacked woman that was going to murder her son rather then him go through the Apocalypse and all the desperate folk that put their animals to sleep its extremely sad
There's a guy who offered to care for pets after the apocalypse for a one time payment of $250. He's had several hundred customers.

I suppose there's one born everyday.
Old May 21st 2011, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
There's a guy who offered to care for pets after the apocalypse for a one time payment of $250. He's had several hundred customers.

I suppose there's one born everyday.
I am only jealous I did not think up that scam lol
Old May 21st 2011, 4:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
I am only jealous I did not think up that scam lol
Me too.

Here's another...

http://aftertherapturepetcare.com/
Old May 21st 2011, 5:04 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

There was a bloke on the radio yesterday who has set up a business to look after peoples pets after they have been raptured. $135 per pet and he has 1,000 customers. He ended by saying his customers would be doubly pissed off on Sunday 'No Rapture, No Refund'
Old May 21st 2011, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Me too.

Here's another...

http://aftertherapturepetcare.com/
This is what will happen for all pets registered with us immediately after the Rapture:

1.Our non-Christian administrators will activate our rescue plan.
Sure they will
2.Volunteers will be alerted immediately by email and telephone that they have been activated.....And how is that going to work with no phone lines and internet connection due to the earth quake
3.Pets will be assigned to our Volunteer Pet Caretakers based upon location and other factors.Totally screwed if thye have sinned lied to be part of the scam and have been banished to hell
4.Our administrators and Volunteer Pet Caretakers will do whatever it takes to find and rescue your pets. If your pet has a location chip, they'll use that, or they'll go to every location you've registered with us, and, if your pets are not at one of those locations, they'll search for your cars as well as stay in contact with the local pet shelters. If they are unable to reach a Volunteer Caretaker in your area for whatever reason, our administrators will communicate with local animal organizations, like the Humane Society, to advocate for your pet's rescue and care.what cars and what shelters it will all be dust!
5.Our administrators will stay in touch with our Volunteer Pet Caretakers regarding each and every pet to be sure everything is being done to rescue and care for them.
Total and utter BS these folk will be going to hell when the big event really does happen they are pure evil.
Old May 21st 2011, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

Just checked out the earthquake situation, there was a 5.15ML in the Seward peninsula region of Alaska which is a nice little roller other than that nothing of note on the AEIC website.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.