Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Any recommendations for a GOOD hardwood floor vacuum???

Any recommendations for a GOOD hardwood floor vacuum???

Old Oct 21st 2009, 3:59 pm
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any recommendations for a GOOD hardwood floor vacuum???

I always thought I would love hardwoods but I am SOOOOO tired of sweeping everyday - at least with the carpets you couldnt see it, and hoovering was relatively easy!!!

The vacuum I have I think is more for carpets and so its not sucking all this sh*t off the floors and is spreading it around!! Of course I decided today was a good day to have a total clean and am regretting it now as i have to sweep then vacuum then mop then sweep again because there are bits that i missed!!!!

SO who uses a good hoover for hardwoods that is going to make me a much happier melly????????
Old Oct 21st 2009, 4:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any recommendations for a GOOD hardwood floor vacuum???

Melly what are you doing mopping wooden floors?
Old Oct 21st 2009, 4:38 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mellybrown
SO who uses a good hoover for hardwoods that is going to make me a much happier melly????????
Oreck. I thought they were overpriced crap until I used one. Still think they're overpriced......but they're a bloody good vacuum.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 4:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

I always thought I would love hardwoods but I am SOOOOO tired of sweeping everyday - at least with the carpets you couldnt see it, and hoovering was relatively easy!!!

The vacuum I have I think is more for carpets and so its not sucking all this sh*t off the floors and is spreading it around!! Of course I decided today was a good day to have a total clean and am regretting it now as i have to sweep then vacuum then mop then sweep again because there are bits that i missed!!!!

I love the 'look' of wooden floors, but it's the 'dusting' of them that puts me off getting them, it's bad enough having to dust all the crap above the floors
Old Oct 21st 2009, 4:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishtart
I love the 'look' of wooden floors, but it's the 'dusting' of them that puts me off getting them, it's bad enough having to dust all the crap above the floors
I think they're a breeze to keep clean and much more hygienic than carpets. Just buy the large type Swiffer...you can also get the moist wipes to fit them to clean the floor. Much easier than carpets IMO.

I also use a Roomba.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 21st 2009 at 5:09 pm.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 4:45 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Roomba, or the mopping variant the Scooba. I mean, why do the work when the machine can do it for you?

Old Oct 21st 2009, 4:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by penguinsix
Roomba, or the mopping variant the Scooba. I mean, why do the work when the machine can do it for you?

http://joshinthecity.files.wordpress...ments-jpg.jpeg
Noooooo not the Scoomba not for hardwood floors.

I bought one and it was crap...took hours for my kitchen floor to dry. I took it back to the store...they said they'd had other complaints. I notice the stores that used to sell them no longer do.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 4:48 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Komondor

Old Oct 21st 2009, 5:03 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I think they're a breeze...just buy the large type Swiffer...you can also get the moist wipes to fit them to clean the floor. Much easier than carpets IMO.

I also use a Roomba.
I vote for Swiffer too. Piece of the proverbial.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 5:13 pm
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Melly what are you doing mopping wooden floors?
Its only a damp mop

I have a swiffer, apparantly we must make an awful lot of dust in this house because i cant seem to swiff enough!!!!!
Old Oct 21st 2009, 5:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Can you take it out back and shake it like a rug?
Old Oct 21st 2009, 5:33 pm
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

I use a giant dust mop a few times a week and then use a Swiffer wetjet about once a month.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 5:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Its only a damp mop

I have a swiffer, apparantly we must make an awful lot of dust in this house because i cant seem to swiff enough!!!!!
Any type of moisture on a hardwood floor is bad. I used Bruce® Dura-Luster® No-Wax Floor Cleaner on my floors.

http://doitbest.com/Main.aspx?PageID...paign=DATAFEED
Old Oct 21st 2009, 5:40 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Michael
Any type of moisture on a hardwood floor is bad. I used Bruce® Dura-Luster® No-Wax Floor Cleaner on my floors.

http://doitbest.com/Main.aspx?PageID...paign=DATAFEED
I did not know that! Better think about giving them a bit wax (or no-wax, as the case may be).
Old Oct 21st 2009, 5:43 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tamms_1965
I use a giant dust mop a few times a week and then use a Swiffer wetjet about once a month.
Giant dust mop, every day - check and Orange floor cleaner, once a week

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.