Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Any Plans For The End Of The World On Friday???

Any Plans For The End Of The World On Friday???

Old Dec 20th 2012, 1:42 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Plans For The End Of The World On Friday???

I believe it - I read somewhere that 1% of the world population believed it, (which is too close to the percentage of Americans who are NRA members to be coincidence, and they're always right), so it must be true, but I just can't find enough info on it. Like what time its going to happen? This of course, is critical. See, I've got a bit of lamb in the fridge, cos its my favorite, and I'd been planning on having it as a last meal sort of thing, but I just noticed its about 2 days past its sell by date. I researched food poisoning, and figure I have about an 8-12 hour window from consumption to "evacuation", so the real question is when should I eat it? Tonight for dinner, and hope the world ends on the stroke of midnight before the evacuation, or have I got time to hold off until lunchtime tomorrow? I'd hate to leave it too late and miss my last meal, but on the other hand, it would be a real bummer to eat it too early and miss the end of the world because I spent my last few hours groaning in the bog or wandering round with everyone thinking I'd crapped my pants out of fear of the end....quite a conundrum...
Old Dec 20th 2012, 1:47 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
I believe it - I read somewhere that 1% of the world population believed it, (which is too close to the percentage of Americans who are NRA members to be coincidence, and they're always right), so it must be true, but I just can't find enough info on it. Like what time its going to happen? This of course, is critical. See, I've got a bit of lamb in the fridge, cos its my favorite, and I'd been planning on having it as a last meal sort of thing, but I just noticed its about 2 days past its sell by date. I researched food poisoning, and figure I have about an 8-12 hour window from consumption to "evacuation", so the real question is when should I eat it? Tonight for dinner, and hope the world ends on the stroke of midnight before the evacuation, or have I got time to hold off until lunchtime tomorrow? I'd hate to leave it too late and miss my last meal, but on the other hand, it would be a real bummer to eat it too early and miss the end of the world because I spent my last few hours groaning in the bog or wandering round with everyone thinking I'd crapped my pants out of fear of the end....quite a conundrum...
I always subscribe to the theory, when in doubt punt.
Old Dec 20th 2012, 1:49 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Sandwiches for the lamb, just scoff them down as soon as it starts going pear-shaped.
Old Dec 20th 2012, 1:57 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Sandwiches for the lamb, just scoff them down as soon as it starts going pear-shaped.
Do you think I'll have time? I was kinda hoping it'd be quick, a bit like ripping off a bandaid. Plus I'm not really partial to cold lamb...it tends to give me indigestion...
Old Dec 20th 2012, 3:29 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

I figure the Mayans were on CET, if that helps.
Old Dec 20th 2012, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

HighCountry will become famous soon enoughHighCountry will become famous soon enough

Party at the pub. Maybe I'll wait to pay the tab, just in case.
Old Dec 20th 2012, 6:18 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Do you think I'll have time? I was kinda hoping it'd be quick, a bit like ripping off a bandaid. Plus I'm not really partial to cold lamb...it tends to give me indigestion...
If the "main event" has started, indigestion will be the least of your concerns!
Old Dec 20th 2012, 6:21 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

6:20 am down under. Put yer sheep away and fill us in, anyone been raptured/buggered by aliens/hit by an asteroid yet?
Old Dec 20th 2012, 6:34 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
6:20 am down under. Put yer sheep away and fill us in, anyone been raptured/buggered by aliens/hit by an asteroid yet?
No response yet! ... Has Australia been vapourized?
Old Dec 20th 2012, 6:43 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
No response yet! ... Has Australia been vapourized?
I did say put down the sheep - perhaps that would have meant the end of the world for some of them
Old Dec 20th 2012, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

I did say put down the sheep - perhaps that would have meant the end of the world for some of them
Old Dec 20th 2012, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HighCountry
Party at the pub. Maybe I'll wait to pay the tab, just in case.
Just in case the world ends and all your money gets burnt up anyway?
Old Dec 20th 2012, 8:15 pm

6:20 am down under.
I don't think "down under time" counts - everyone knows that the universe runs on GMT!
Old Dec 20th 2012, 8:24 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I don't think "down under time" counts - everyone knows that the universe runs on GMT!
How silly of me. Now, at some point in time on the 21st GMT, though, it will be the 22nd in New Zealand.
Old Dec 20th 2012, 8:26 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

But if they were that flippen smart then they would of know about other parts of the globe and why are there no Mayans today, what, they could predict the future but not maintain their own race!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.