Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Any expats in Indianapolis

Any expats in Indianapolis

Old May 14th 2008, 9:18 pm
Carmel Indiana

paul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any expats in Indianapolis

Originally Posted by TMac
Hello! London lad in Fishers.

Want to go for a pint? Let me know!
been here long?
Old May 15th 2008, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

TMac is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paul1968mcr
been here long?
Been here 8 yrs this summer. Haven't met too many Brits in Indy since moving here until recently.

There really needs to be a place in Indy where Brits can gather, chat and have a bit of fun. I used to go to Rob & Jay's chippy when they were still open. It was a good laugh watching the footie there.

How about yourself Paul? How long have you been here?
Old May 15th 2008, 1:42 pm
Carmel Indiana

paul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond repute

18 months, though it seems longer - in a nice way.

we have met a big bunch of brits, mainly Lilly and R/Royce folks.

Problem with the bars is the fact you have to drive, and there are no taxis to speak of.

You a USC, or Greencard? You married / Kids etc?

I moved here with my Wifes job, bringing our 2 kids (12 and 8) and our Labrador.

You know the friendly tavern in zionsville??

Last edited by paul1968mcr; May 15th 2008 at 1:44 pm. Reason: sp
Old May 15th 2008, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

18 months, though it seems longer - in a nice way.

we have met a big bunch of brits, mainly Lilly and R/Royce folks.

Problem with the bars is the fact you have to drive, and there are no taxis to speak of.

You a USC, or Greencard? You married / Kids etc?

I moved here with my Wifes job, bringing our 2 kids (12 and 8) and our Labrador.

You know the friendly tavern in zionsville??
Yeah I've heard there is a sizable contingent of Brits working for the likes of Rolls, Lilly and Roche.

The lack of taxis and public transport does make it hard to go out on the piss, however my mrs tends to be my DD.

I'm a green card holder, haven't had the bottle to go through with taking citizenship.

To be honest, I've never spent much time on that side of town. There's a couple of "pubs" in Carmel and Fishers that I tend to frequent.
There's also a Brit meetup at Claddagh on 96th st that I attend, you should join us.
Old May 16th 2008, 6:26 pm
Carmel Indiana

Yeah I've heard there is a sizable contingent of Brits working for the likes of Rolls, Lilly and Roche.

The lack of taxis and public transport does make it hard to go out on the piss, however my mrs tends to be my DD.

I'm a green card holder, haven't had the bottle to go through with taking citizenship.

To be honest, I've never spent much time on that side of town. There's a couple of "pubs" in Carmel and Fishers that I tend to frequent.
There's also a Brit meetup at Claddagh on 96th st that I attend, you should join us.
When is it, we might pop over with the kids - though last time I went in there I ended up spending $110 - fish and chips twice, 2 kids meal, couple of pints of guiness - You ever go to scotties brewhouse on a weds for the "happy hour"?
Old May 19th 2008, 12:55 am
Just Joined

Paul, I've been down to Scottys on a wednesday night. You can't beat a pitcher of Stella for $6.
Old May 19th 2008, 9:57 pm
Carmel Indiana

Paul, I've been down to Scottys on a wednesday night. You can't beat a pitcher of Stella for $6.
guinsess for me, I might take a carry out bucket, fill it up on the cheap!!

get busy, but it's a good night.

what night you guys meet up in the irish pub? what time etc, do you wear bowler hats and tote umbrellas to make yourselves known??
Old May 20th 2008, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

guinsess for me, I might take a carry out bucket, fill it up on the cheap!!

get busy, but it's a good night.

what night you guys meet up in the irish pub? what time etc, do you wear bowler hats and tote umbrellas to make yourselves known??
Have a butchers at this link for the meet up.

http://brit.meetup.com/222/

We have anywhere from 6-14 people show up most nights.
Old May 20th 2008, 11:46 pm
Carmel Indiana

Have a butchers at this link for the meet up.

http://brit.meetup.com/222/

We have anywhere from 6-14 people show up most nights.
LOL - The site blocker at work just blocked that site, said it was a dating site - What you guys get up too on these nights LMAO
Old May 21st 2008, 1:49 am
Just Joined

LOL - The site blocker at work just blocked that site, said it was a dating site - What you guys get up too on these nights LMAO
LOL no it's nothing like that....we're not a bunch of swingers if that's what you're thinking.

Just beer, chat about ol'blighty. Us lads chat about footie and our contempt for septics and the girls...well they indulge in their normal girl talk.
Old May 24th 2008, 8:52 am
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

I've never been yet, but how good are 96th St. Steakburgers?? I've heard a few people rave about the place. Worth a drive from Fort Wayne?

Cheers

Old May 25th 2008, 3:36 am
Just Joined

To be honest, I've never been there either. However to me it looks like a steak & shake clone.
Bit of a long drive to go for that, but there's plenty of other good places to check out if you come to Indy.
Old May 26th 2008, 1:18 am
Carmel Indiana

Bubs in Carmel - 131st and Monon Trail.

try the big ugly buger.....OMG!!
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

Helen A is just really niceHelen A is just really niceHelen A is just really niceHelen A is just really niceHelen A is just really niceHelen A is just really niceHelen A is just really niceHelen A is just really niceHelen A is just really nice
Smile Re: Any expats in Indianapolis

Hi, I know this post is a bit out of date now but I just moved to north Indianapolis from Surrey UK. Thought I'd say hi. Thanks for putting up that link to the fishers meet up as that it really close to me.
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 7:53 pm
Carmel Indiana

Originally Posted by Helen A
Hi, I know this post is a bit out of date now but I just moved to north Indianapolis from Surrey UK. Thought I'd say hi. Thanks for putting up that link to the fishers meet up as that it really close to me.
who you working for? RR or Lilly

you in fishers or carmel?

welcome to Indy BTW - any questions feel free to ask, we've been here here 2 years at Christmas, and we are loving it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.