Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Any expats in Indianapolis

Any expats in Indianapolis

Old Mar 9th 2008, 2:24 pm
What are you - 8?

LindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Any expats in Indianapolis

Originally Posted by paul1968mcr
Hiya Linda,

Seen a Grey Nissan Pathfinder with a Union Jack on the front....thats me

usually parked outside target, whilst i'm inside down the booze isle

Moved into our new house now, near 131st and Shelborne.

Regards.

Paul.
If you hear a British voice saying "It's all full of sugar!" you have found me. LOL

I bet you are happy to be in your own home. We are at 96th@Michigan. Nearly neighbours

Linda
Old Mar 9th 2008, 8:46 pm
Carmel Indiana

paul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LindaBB
If you hear a British voice saying "It's all full of sugar!" you have found me. LOL

I bet you are happy to be in your own home. We are at 96th@Michigan. Nearly neighbours

Linda
american food is all full of sugar! now that explains the 20lb I have "found" since arriving here!!!

Yep, it's great to have our own place now, just gotta get the greencard sorted and we'll be done!

I travel to the 465 down Shelborne to 96th and Michigan on my wat downtown to work!!
Old Mar 9th 2008, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

WelshDoll will become famous soon enoughWelshDoll will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Any expats in Indianapolis

Hello! - Can I join in? I am living in Carmel, just by the building site of 126th and Rangeline, and its good to know that I am not alone. Me and o/h have lived here since February 07, but will be leaving for NY in the summer (yippee!!!). If you see a cream Ford Edge with a welsh flag fluttering proud give us a beep!
Old Mar 9th 2008, 9:00 pm
What are you - 8?

LindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to behold

You pass my house - Linda
Old Mar 9th 2008, 9:50 pm
Carmel Indiana

paul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WelshDoll
Hello! - Can I join in? I am living in Carmel, just by the building site of 126th and Rangeline, and its good to know that I am not alone. Me and o/h have lived here since February 07, but will be leaving for NY in the summer (yippee!!!). If you see a cream Ford Edge with a welsh flag fluttering proud give us a beep!
Feb '07 - did you enjoy the snow - LMAO!

Been to Shapiro's for a ruben, or to Bub's for a Big Ugly??
Old Mar 9th 2008, 9:52 pm
Carmel Indiana

You pass my house - Linda
I'm working nights tonight, I'll be driving past your area at around 6:20pm (ish)

I'll be in the pathfinder with the union jack - keep an eye out!!!

:-)
Old Mar 9th 2008, 11:15 pm
What are you - 8?

Been going to Shapiros for years - they used to have one at 86th & Township. I also have been to the downtown one a lot. I haven't been to the Bloomington one or the Carmel one though.

I missed you tonight - read the email too late. I was taking a nap. oops!

Linda
Old Mar 10th 2008, 7:21 am
Carmel Indiana

Been going to Shapiros for years - they used to have one at 86th & Township. I also have been to the downtown one a lot. I haven't been to the Bloomington one or the Carmel one though.

I missed you tonight - read the email too late. I was taking a nap. oops!

Linda
LOL - I feel like taking a nap right now......but I can't!!

You been to Bubs??? If ya love burgers, you gotta visit there! Try an Elk Big Ugly 22oz!!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:50 am
What are you - 8?

My love affair with burgers was over many years ago. the calories and junk in them repulse me now. Tat is what being here for 21 years does for you. Grows a belly and eventually makes you long for clean food. Well gives you high bp and a heart attack - or diabetes. I don't wish to have either. But I bet they are delicious if only I had had one before I cleaned up my diet. they all taste of lard now. That is the downside of eating "clean". Junk tastes like junk. Amazing how quickly the palate adjusts and the body reacts as if it is poisoned. Good and bad =(.

Linda
Old Mar 10th 2008, 2:40 pm
Carmel Indiana

My love affair with burgers was over many years ago. the calories and junk in them repulse me now. Tat is what being here for 21 years does for you. Grows a belly and eventually makes you long for clean food. Well gives you high bp and a heart attack - or diabetes. I don't wish to have either. But I bet they are delicious if only I had had one before I cleaned up my diet. they all taste of lard now. That is the downside of eating "clean". Junk tastes like junk. Amazing how quickly the palate adjusts and the body reacts as if it is poisoned. Good and bad =(.

Linda
I needa big shot of that clean livin medicine - ever tried everclear. LOL
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

WelshDoll will become famous soon enoughWelshDoll will become famous soon enough

Hi, sorry for the delay in replying. No I havent been to Bubs as I am veggie - a rare thing round here I have found, thank goodness for Wild Oats! I have however sampled the yum cake at Shapiros, but as the wedges are so big i restrict myself to birthdays and anniversaries as I dont think even a week at the gym could work off those calories
Yes I did arrive with my cat 4 days after the snow, at least it was proper snow, not the dusting that seems to cause mass panic at home. I will be glad to see this lot disappear and for spring to arrive.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:28 pm
What are you - 8?

Originally Posted by WelshDoll
Hi I live at 96th and Michigan - I think we three couples should get together for a visit.

Linda
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:27 pm
Carmel Indiana

Hi I live at 96th and Michigan - I think we three couples should get together for a visit.

Linda
We'd be up for that!

just need to find a day when I am not actually working, Oh how I miss my UK vacation time!!!! I went from 65 days a year vacation, to 15!!!

It's all worth it though
Old May 14th 2008, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

TMac is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone! Didn't think there were this many Brits in Indy.

I've been here for eight years now and can't imagine going back home, not until the currency exchange is more reasonable anyway.

I'm always up for meeting new people and having a couple of pints.

If you haven't joined this group yet, I would recommend it.

http://brit.meetup.com/222/

We meet on the last Friday of every month for a friendly drink and chat about home etc.

Hope to see some new faces!
Old May 14th 2008, 2:21 pm
Just Joined

TMac is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by l0st
Are there are ex-pats in Indianapolis or Indiana in general? I'd love to hear from you
Hello! London lad in Fishers.

Want to go for a pint? Let me know!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.