Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Any Brits in Denver?

Any Brits in Denver?

Old Aug 14th 2018, 4:50 pm
Lurk Lurk Lurk

tinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of light
Default Any Brits in Denver?

Blimey, I haven't been on here for ages!
Any Brits in Denver? My husband's job is being moved out there and we have to decide if we want to move or not. I have been there and enjoyed it.
Old Aug 14th 2018, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Brits in Denver?

Yep, theres a few of us in CO. I'm in Denver, I believe Boiler is out lurking in the mountains somewhere and I think Octang Frye is in Denver too.

Great place to live, extremely expensive (depending on where you're coming from) and the traffic is getting pretty damn bad, I spend a lot of time in LA with my job and the traffic isn't a million miles off of that around rush hour.

Forgot to add - where would your husbands job be? I'm assuming either downtown or on the DTC.

Last edited by BenK91; Aug 14th 2018 at 5:19 pm.
Old Aug 14th 2018, 5:54 pm
Lurk Lurk Lurk

tinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Ben. He'd be working in the Centennial/Greenwood Village area. We'd be looking to live somewhere close to the metro, ideally walkable to some shops and bars and such. We haven't decided yet whether we'll make the move, but glad to know there are Brits in the area!
Old Aug 14th 2018, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tinaflorida
Thanks Ben. He'd be working in the Centennial/Greenwood Village area. We'd be looking to live somewhere close to the metro, ideally walkable to some shops and bars and such. We haven't decided yet whether we'll make the move, but glad to know there are Brits in the area!
Yeah that'll be the DTC area. I used to work down there but now work in downtown Denver. Greenwood Village itself is incredibly expensive, Centennial is a little more reasonable but it really depends on where exactly you'll want to be and what your budget is and whether you're buying or renting etc.

Good luck with the potential move!
Old Aug 14th 2018, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

PetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond repute

Any Brits in Denver?
Yes

Old Aug 14th 2018, 10:21 pm
Lurk Lurk Lurk

Originally Posted by BenK91
Yeah that'll be the DTC area. I used to work down there but now work in downtown Denver. Greenwood Village itself is incredibly expensive, Centennial is a little more reasonable but it really depends on where exactly you'll want to be and what your budget is and whether you're buying or renting etc.

Good luck with the potential move!
Thank you Ben!
Old Aug 14th 2018, 10:21 pm
Lurk Lurk Lurk

Originally Posted by PetrifiedExPat
Yes

So helpful. Thanks.
Old Aug 15th 2018, 2:25 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

I moved here for - ostensibly - six months, back in 1998. Still here and loving it.
I worked in the Tech Center/Greenwood Village. It's changed a lot and there might be more bars and stuff down there, but I preferred Capitol Hill/downtown/highlands. That's where the coolest bars/restaurants/theatres are.

But, there are no vacancies. Colorado is closed. Too many people. You go home now.
Old Aug 15th 2018, 10:19 pm
Lurk Lurk Lurk

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
I moved here for - ostensibly - six months, back in 1998. Still here and loving it.
I worked in the Tech Center/Greenwood Village. It's changed a lot and there might be more bars and stuff down there, but I preferred Capitol Hill/downtown/highlands. That's where the coolest bars/restaurants/theatres are.
I'd love to live in the Capitol Hill area but looks like it's out of our price range. We'd like to be able to keep up our current lifestyle once we move.
Thanks for the input!

But, there are no vacancies. Colorado is closed. Too many people. You go home now.
Lol, we feel the same way in Florida. But if we don't move my husband loses his job.
Old Aug 16th 2018, 3:44 am
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

You'd be surprised. You can find affordable stuff in Cap Hill still. Use Zillow.
Old Aug 16th 2018, 3:45 am
Peace onion

I'd love to live in the Capitol Hill area but looks like it's out of our price range. We'd like to be able to keep up our current lifestyle once we move.
Thanks for the input!

Lol, we feel the same way in Florida. But if we don't move my husband loses his job.
The quality of life here is way better than Florida. Trust me. Get ski passes at snow.com. Get snow tyres. You're set.
Old Aug 16th 2018, 4:40 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am in the Mountains but occasionally make it down, nice to have some oxygen every now and then and the petrol is cheaper.

I do not have snow tyres.
Old Aug 16th 2018, 5:28 am
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the input!:
RE has shot through the roof out here, especially during the last couple of years. Cap Hill, Wash Park, Highlands, LoHi, Berkely, Potters all continue to be the popular areas. Not a fan of Curtis Park nor 5 Points, despite all the gentrification etc ... just my opinion. Rents have skyrockted throughout the area. Front wheel drive with decent tires and H20 and you're set.
Old Aug 16th 2018, 5:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Ok...

Seriously thinking of retiring to Colorado. But only if I can find somewhere I really like. The edge of the plains isn't really cutting it for me. Not even Boulder...

Just got back from a week of climbing 14ers. Ten 14k peaks in seven days, including the highest, Mt. Elbert. Exhausting but exhilarating. Will be back for a second round next year.
Old Aug 16th 2018, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

He's not wrong, we are immensely overcrowded and it's getting stupid expensive.

Nevada has weed and peaks, people should move there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.