Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Anti frizz Hair products to combat humidity?

Anti frizz Hair products to combat humidity?

Old Apr 8th 2012, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

toopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anti frizz Hair products to combat humidity?

Originally Posted by WEBlue
Thanks for the info!

I love EV olive oil (use it on my face), but never thought about trying it on my hair . . . .
If you use it on your face - your skin must be beautiful! I tried on my face but broke out. Bought grapeseed oil to use on my neck since it's looking like turkey neck. The things we do for beauty... sigh...
Old Apr 9th 2012, 1:27 am
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toopie28
If you use it on your face - your skin must be beautiful! I tried on my face but broke out. Bought grapeseed oil to use on my neck since it's looking like turkey neck. The things we do for beauty... sigh...
Well, the same thing--breakouts or rashes--happens to me when I use most facial creams or moisturizers. I'm old enough now to seriously need some wrinkle help & nothing else worked except the EVOO. It's nice & cheap too!

I may just try it on my hair & see what happens.
Old Apr 13th 2012, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Guys, just for your interest, Suave have brought out new Keratin shampoo and conditioner and it's awesome, and cheap $4.00!! As for the oils, I have to use olive oil on my scalp as I have dermatitis and I find it really hard to get out of my hair, and I don't think it helps with keeping it straight in the humidity either, just a personal opinion. I just did a keratin treatment last week and it is definitely worth the money, don't know if you get it in Sally's, but you would be able to purchase it in any Paul Mitchell hairdressers, that's the one I use. Hope everyone has a great, straight Summer
Old Apr 13th 2012, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brat1
Guys, just for your interest, Suave have brought out new Keratin shampoo and conditioner and it's awesome, and cheap $4.00!! As for the oils, I have to use olive oil on my scalp as I have dermatitis and I find it really hard to get out of my hair, and I don't think it helps with keeping it straight in the humidity either, just a personal opinion. I just did a keratin treatment last week and it is definitely worth the money, don't know if you get it in Sally's, but you would be able to purchase it in any Paul Mitchell hairdressers, that's the one I use. Hope everyone has a great, straight Summer
Thanks, I will check out the shampoo and look for a keratin treatment at Sallys.
Old Apr 13th 2012, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Horticulturalist
Thanks, I will check out the shampoo and look for a keratin treatment at Sallys.
It's in a Gold Bottle and says Keratin on it. It's new out I think. Good luck!!!
Old Apr 13th 2012, 2:32 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Horticulturalist
The only problem with the Sauve product if you have realy thick hair it does not soak in enough and soften your hair, well it did nothing for mine
Old Apr 13th 2012, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
The only problem with the Sauve product if you have realy thick hair it does not soak in enough and soften your hair, well it did nothing for mine
Ooooo Pops, didn't think of that, I have really fine hair so you might be right. I think if your hair is really thick, the keratin treatments are the way to go for sure, not cheap, but worth every cent, IMO
Old Apr 13th 2012, 4:55 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Ooooo Pops, didn't think of that, I have really fine hair so you might be right. I think if your hair is really thick, the keratin treatments are the way to go for sure, not cheap, but worth every cent, IMO
But then again I have never bleached it, but its had enough color on it over the years that the treatments probably scream and just fall off LOL
Old Apr 13th 2012, 5:34 pm
Account Closed

dragon5254 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have thought about a keratin treatment on my hair a couple of times but I'm afraid it may make my colour treated hair even dryer in the long term. Can you do the treatment yourself? i was under the impression that you had it done by the hairdresser.
Old Apr 13th 2012, 7:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dragon5254
I have thought about a keratin treatment on my hair a couple of times but I'm afraid it may make my colour treated hair even dryer in the long term. Can you do the treatment yourself? i was under the impression that you had it done by the hairdresser.
My daughter gets the whole Keratin range because she's a hairdresser and has a card for our local supplier. I don't know if Sally's stock it to be honest. If you can get the stuff, then you can do it yourself. I bought the whole range, ie shampoo/rinse and some other finishing stuff and the box of 10 tubes. She just puts it through my hair and then you cover your hair with a plastic cap and put the hairdryer over it for the heat and leave it on. I have definitely got colour treated hair, and I haven't noticed it to be any drier since the treatment. I mentioned the Suave shampoo because it's a heck of a lot cheaper than the Paul Mitchell stuff and anyone can buy it
Old Apr 13th 2012, 9:04 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
You are making me so jealous! I have such thin, fine hair, that my hairdresser looks forward to my visits -- she knows if she's running late she'll be ready for her next appointment early as she can trim me so fast! And it seems to be getting thinner annually. Is there a green-with-envy smilie?!
Old Apr 14th 2012, 1:32 am

Noooo its a nightmare to find a good conditioner and always get told " oh your hair is so thick but it doesn't look like it"
Old Apr 14th 2012, 2:30 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

And as soon as the humidity hits, you look like you have an 80s perm! Hence my many many layers to try and make it corkscrew instead. If the hairdresser straightens mine she always watches out the window for it to ping back up when I go outside.
Old Apr 14th 2012, 4:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I have the opposite problem. I have fine hair but there's a lot of it...so it looks thick. When it's humid my hair goes flat...not frizzy.
Old Apr 14th 2012, 10:00 pm
Account Closed

dragon5254 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just goes to prove that we are never satisfied and the grass is always greener.......I hate my thick wavy dry hair. Interesting to see the amount of interest this thread has generated!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.