Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Another weather record broken.

Another weather record broken.

Old Mar 10th 2008, 8:47 am
Banned

Backhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another weather record broken.

What a great couple of months weather wise, and this is our winter
LONDON: Birds nested early, spring flowers bloomed before time and ice cream vans reported an unexpected rise in sales as England and Wales enjoyed the sunniest and warmest February since records began.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/feb/29/weather
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/2826895.cms

The winter as a whole was one of the sunniest since records began. Although tomorrow marks the end to the meteorological winter, mean temperatures across the UK are on course to exceed the long-term average again.

Spring will be coming in January at this rate.

Last edited by Backhomeatlast; Mar 10th 2008 at 8:53 am.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:05 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Another weather record broken.

Crikey, I'd trade this sunshine and flies for the weather in the UK any day
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:10 am
Banned

Backhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Crikey, I'd trade this sunshine and flies for the weather in the UK any day
It was warmer on the south coast
Overall sunshine so far for Weymouth this year is nearly 200 hours or nearly 54 hours above average. By contrast rainfall for the month was down by nearly half at just 32.3mm while rainfall for the year so far is 21.5mm below average. Weymouth's heaviest rain came on February 3 with 9.8mm.

Ground frost was recorded six times during February but there was no air frost while gales were recorded on five days with the strongest gusts reaching 64mph.

All temperatures were well above monthly averages with the maximum up 1.8 Centigrade at 10.1C, minimum up 1.6C at 4.7C, the mean temperature up 1.7C at 7.4C and the average sea temperature up 1.9C at 8.4C.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:12 am
Account Closed

So what happened to that really awful storm you were supposed to get yesterday then? Have you built yourself an ark yet?
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:13 am
Account Closed

Another thing I noticed on my little jaunt back to the mother-land was the nights didn't get dark until 6/6.30 and that was in February.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:16 am
Banned

So what happened to that really awful storm you were supposed to get yesterday then? Have you built yourself an ark yet?
Nahhhhh, was a damp squid to be honest aussies blow more wind out of their backsides than we had last night.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:01 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Backhomeatlast
Nahhhhh, was a damp squid to be honest aussies blow more wind out of their backsides than we had last night.
so does my OH!!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:04 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
so does my OH!!
And have you noticed we always giggle when we do it.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:09 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

And have you noticed we always giggle when we do it.
I have 2 sons aswell, so when one of them blow's off, it's always someone else...and when they all drop one at the same time, i get my hammer out
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:42 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
I have 2 sons aswell, so when one of them blow's off, it's always someone else...and when they all drop one at the same time, i get my hammer out
I blame the dog
Old Mar 10th 2008, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Was Gold Coast, Australia... now living in Notts, UK
horrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to behold

Another thing I noticed on my little jaunt back to the mother-land was the nights didn't get dark until 6/6.30 and that was in February.
You've just reminded me of another thing I miss. Long summer evenings. It gets dark so quickly and so early here in Queensland. We were in Melbourne and Sydney at the tail end of last year and it made such a change for it not to be dark at stupidly early o'clock... but... oh to have a yummy warm (but not mozzie-infested!) summer evening. Roll on going home!

Sarah
Old Mar 10th 2008, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

mattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by horrigans
You've just reminded me of another thing I miss. Long summer evenings. It gets dark so quickly and so early here in Queensland. We were in Melbourne and Sydney at the tail end of last year and it made such a change for it not to be dark at stupidly early o'clock... but... oh to have a yummy warm (but not mozzie-infested!) summer evening. Roll on going home!

Sarah
Apart from MOTD but I won't keep going on about that. This is the single thing I miss the most. The days seem to go so quickly here and everybody just stays inside when it gets dark. The long days between May and September were bliss. I have worked out that I play more rounds of golf in the UK per year than i do here because I would get 2 extra rounds in a week during the DLS months. This is something I never expected!!!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 1:45 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

What a great couple of months weather wise, and this is our winter
LONDON: Birds nested early, spring flowers bloomed before time and ice cream vans reported an unexpected rise in sales as England and Wales enjoyed the sunniest and warmest February since records began.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/feb/29/weather
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/2826895.cms

The winter as a whole was one of the sunniest since records began. Although tomorrow marks the end to the meteorological winter, mean temperatures across the UK are on course to exceed the long-term average again.

Spring will be coming in January at this rate.

West of Scotland has been raining almost non-stop for most of the winter ...
Old Mar 10th 2008, 1:52 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by dunroving
West of Scotland has been raining almost non-stop for most of the winter ...
You have got the South's share then, it has been very dry down here this year
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:15 pm
Banned

guest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really nice

Been working in Bahrain for the last 6 months and I cannot tell you how nice it is to actually breath fresh air....god I did not realise that I actually like Frosts, the weather is good in the UK, you do appreciate it after working in a hot Country.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.