Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Another Quality Product from the US of A

Another Quality Product from the US of A

Old Feb 10th 2008, 11:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another Quality Product from the US of A

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

It pays to remember the phrase for which FORD is an acronym for.
Found On the Road Dead?

Or... Fix Or Repair Daily?
Old Feb 10th 2008, 11:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
Sir! Sir! Fix Or Repair Daily? Do I get the prize?
lol snap, we posted at the same time. Shall we share our winnings?
Old Feb 10th 2008, 11:49 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
Perhaps this topic is worthy of a thread of its own. Can't be arsed to start one, so I hereby let it be known that the biggest piece of shit I've ever owned (by quite some distance) was a Citroen ZX.
You've obviously never owned a Hillman Imp.

(For those born 1970 or after, please go ask your Dad to explain)
Old Feb 10th 2008, 11:50 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
lol snap, we posted at the same time. Shall we share our winnings?
No, you can have it all - I don't think it will amount to much.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 11:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No, you can have it all - I don't think it will amount to much.
You are truly a gentlemen, and generous to boot
Old Feb 10th 2008, 11:54 am
Ping-ponger

Originally Posted by Tracym
You are truly a gentlemen, and generous to boot
I'm not sure if my ex-wives would agree with you.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 12:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm not sure if my ex-wives would agree with you.
Is there a great pack of them? Surely one or two might agree...
Old Feb 10th 2008, 12:51 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

I used to own a 1976 Sunbeam Tiger. Fun? yes. Reliable? No.

Lucas Electric jokes, anyone?

Why do the British drink warm beer? Refrigerators by Lucas Electric, of course.

Lord Lucas, Prince of Darkness.

Lucas Electric -- inventor of the original intermittent windshield wiper.

Lucas Electric -- the world's best automobile theft device.

Back to the Sunbeam -- I never did figure out what was better for keeping somewhat dry in the rain -- top up or top stowed?
Old Feb 10th 2008, 1:07 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

My mother won a 1970 Triumph Spitfire in a raffle a few years ago. Well several thousand dollars later she gave it to me for a second car since my Volvo was starting to cost more in repairs than a car payment. I ended up getting rid of the Spitfire because it was best standing still.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 1:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by cindyabs
My mother won a 1970 Triumph Spitfire in a raffle a few years ago. Well several thousand dollars later she gave it to me for a second car since my Volvo was starting to cost more in repairs than a car payment. I ended up getting rid of the Spitfire because it was best standing still.
I did once own an MGB.

I loved the thing, great fun - when it ran. Which was occasionally. Seems I tended to go down the road shedding parts.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

explorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to all

I'm sorry but the 1979 Austin Allegro that was my first car is a certain lock for the worlds worst car (if you can even call it a car)

Roy
Old Feb 10th 2008, 1:29 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

We had a "Fix it again, Tony". The production line was later sold to produce an identical car, the Yugo! The car was horrible, but it ran, the heater was bad, the doors leaked, the windscreen leaked, but it ran.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 1:31 pm
This space for rent

freezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by explorerman
I'm sorry but the 1979 Austin Allegro that was my first car is a certain lock for the worlds worst car (if you can even call it a car)

Roy
I agree, I had an Allegro (all aggro). Mine was an estate, a fornt ball joint snapped on a rounabout and when the AA came to tow it away they hitched up the front then opened the door to release the handbrake and the thing folded leaving a crease across the roof. British engineering at its best.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 1:42 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

Why the hell did you buy an F-350? Those things are ridiculously big, were designed some time in the 1700s and are apparently built by trained lemurs. Ford makes the worst cars in America, yet they sell excellent stuff like the Mondeo and (Euro-spec) Focus everywhere else. Even their Australian cars are leagues better than their domestic line-up. Apparently, Ford's convinced that US car buyers are complete idiots, ergo their rapidly shrinking market share.

Sidenote on VW: I'm always surprised how highly rated their cars are in Europe. Great to look at, great to drive and terrific interior materials... but the cars are more fragile than a 1978 Jaguar. They have problem after problem and are extremely expensive to fix/maintain. Honda, Mazda, Toyota and Subaru may be boring, but they're the the way to go...
Old Feb 10th 2008, 1:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Hiro11
Why the hell did you buy an F-350? Those things are ridiculously big, were designed some time in the 1700s and are apparently built by trained lemurs. Ford makes the worst cars in America, yet they sell excellent stuff like the Mondeo and (Euro-spec) Focus everywhere else. Even their Australian cars are leagues better than their domestic line-up. Apparently, Ford's convinced that US car buyers are complete idiots, ergo their rapidly shrinking market share.

Sidenote on VW: I'm always surprised how highly rated their cars are in Europe. Great to look at, great to drive and terrific interior materials... but the cars are more fragile than a 1978 Jaguar. They have problem after problem and are extremely expensive to fix/maintain. Honda, Mazda, Toyota and Subaru may be boring, but they're the the way to go...
But would the pigs fit in the Mondeno?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.