Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Amy Winehouse Goes to US Embassy

Amy Winehouse Goes to US Embassy

Old Feb 9th 2008, 2:52 am

mdyoung is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Amy Winehouse Goes to US Embassy

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Incredibly, she appealed against the decision and now the US Embassy has now awarded her a visa!

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...os=TAB_CONTENT

One rule for the celebs and another rule for us plebs.:
I just sent an e-mail to the embassy to say I'm ashamed as a U.S. citizen that you caved and issued that crack whore a visa.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 4:43 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
I got a feeling thats her management company bullshit ...

got the visa ..but will now not be going ...
True.... make her look alright but in the end she'll not use it.

She's cancelled so many performances here well before her visa troubles started.... I wish her well in sorting everything out. If not it's an early grave.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 11:01 pm

JEM3110 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Roland Hulme
Pity she's not coming, she could have got her teeth fixed, American-style
Old Feb 9th 2008, 11:26 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JEM3110
Another thing she won't be doing is going to her local
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7237119.stm
Old Feb 9th 2008, 11:43 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
I always look at your avatar and wonder if you see that glass 90% full or 10% empty...
I'd actually never looked at it that closely before you said that, but now I have it's being handed back to the barkeep for a top-up!
Old Feb 10th 2008, 12:01 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
I'd actually never looked at it that closely before you said that, but now I have it's being handed back to the barkeep for a top-up!
It's one of those 'Can you fit a double whisky in there?'
'Yes sir' 'Well fill it up with beer then'
Old Feb 10th 2008, 4:38 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

She's already had the front ones done.... the side one is a recent loss.

I really feel for her, but since she's the most famous Amy at the moment I'd really be happier if she'd get help and stop with the drama. Good job I live in the US, where's she's not (yet) as exposed.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 12:01 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
She's already had the front ones done.... the side one is a recent loss.

I really feel for her, but since she's the most famous Amy at the moment I'd really be happier if she'd get help and stop with the drama. Good job I live in the US, where's she's not (yet) as exposed.
only because we're too busy with Spears, Lohan and Hilton.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by cindyabs
only because we're too busy with Spears, Lohan and Hilton.
I think Amy will be OK and sort herself out- she's got her dad around her who seems like a real diamond geezer, and has her interests at heart, not his! I guess it's still down to her at the end of day... Britney on the other hand, is surrounded by blood-suckers -I pity her.

I was wondering as well, who do you think are the worst - American or British paparazzi?
Old Feb 10th 2008, 1:39 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

I think Amy will be OK and sort herself out- she's got her dad around her who seems like a real diamond geezer, and has her interests at heart, not his! I guess it's still down to her at the end of day... Britney on the other hand, is surrounded by blood-suckers -I pity her.

I was wondering as well, who do you think are the worst - American or British paparazzi?
From what I saw of the whole Diana fiasco I WOULD have said European ones. THEN along comes Miz Spears, (shudder) and the title might be up for grabs now.

I know everyone has to make a living, but they swarm like bees going for a hive........ It's crazy.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 12:19 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
From what I saw of the whole Diana fiasco I WOULD have said European ones. THEN along comes Miz Spears, (shudder) and the title might be up for grabs now.

I know everyone has to make a living, but they swarm like bees going for a hive........ It's crazy.
Diana craved the attention of the press...so does Britney. Then they put on the 'poor me' act when it doesn't suit them.
Old May 7th 2008, 7:11 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

i think her recent caution for common assault as well as todays arrest (see link below) should see off any future visa chances.

musically talented she may be - mentally unhinged she must be - to keep cacking on her own doorstep!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7388721.stm
Old May 7th 2008, 8:40 pm
TKO
Sweatin' it up in Bama

TKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really nice

We're no better here - letting Tyson in for a few hours to fight Botha at Hampden a few years back.

I do like my boxing, but never supported that decision.
Old May 8th 2008, 12:04 am

I think coming to America is the least of her worries at the moment, the girl clearly needs to get her drug addiction under control
Old May 8th 2008, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute

I think coming to America is the least of her worries at the moment, the girl clearly needs to get her drug addiction under control
And buy a mirror.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.