Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Amy Winehouse Goes to US Embassy

Amy Winehouse Goes to US Embassy

Old Feb 5th 2008, 9:24 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Question Amy Winehouse Goes to US Embassy

I wonder if she'll get a visa to come to the States?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/showbiz/2008...9520-20309641/

'Cocaine' Kate Moss managed to come to New York soon after her well-publicised photos of her snorting coke in a recording studio - although she was never convicted...

I do think that Amy deserves a Grammy - her talent is amazing - although I think that 'Rehab' from the 'Back to Black' album is not one of her best songs and was overplayed here.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 9:36 pm
Militant Ginger

Roland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Amy Winehouse Goes to US Embassy

Originally Posted by Englishmum

'Cocaine' Kate Moss managed to come to New York soon after her well-publicised photos of her snorting coke in a recording studio - although she was never convicted...

I do think that Amy deserves a Grammy - her talent is amazing - although I think that 'Rehab' from the 'Back to Black' album is not one of her best songs and was overplayed here.
Not quite sure of her criminal convictions - but I would HATE to think of her getting the green light to go to America after breaking the law, if less famous people don't.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 10:14 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry...WTF is she?
Old Feb 5th 2008, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

BrightontoBoston will become famous soon enoughBrightontoBoston will become famous soon enough

Not sure if she's actually been convicted of anything (I know her other half on the hand is currently banged up, and seems a lovely character) But surely these public 'stoners' should only be let in, if they test negative during 6 months worth of drug testing.....
Also protect the American public from wasting our money going to see some skank crack head, and prevent the repitition of her performances in Brighton and Birmingham, where she was wasted...........
Old Feb 5th 2008, 10:20 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
Sorry...WTF is she?
WOS...
Old Feb 5th 2008, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute

She pleaded guilty (apparently not knowing that's what she was doing) to weed possession in Norway. She reckons the Norwegian po-pos didn't tell her what she was signing...
Old Feb 5th 2008, 10:55 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chicagojlo
She pleaded guilty (apparently not knowing that's what she was doing) to weed possession in Norway. She reckons the Norwegian po-pos didn't tell her what she was signing...
Same thing with that Republican Senator (who is also a Lawyer) who was looking for D**ks to s**k in a Minneapolis Airport bathroom...he really did,'t know what he was doing when he pleaded.

Crock of sh*t...
Old Feb 6th 2008, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
Sorry...WTF is she?
One of those chavvy slappers like Lily Allen
Old Feb 6th 2008, 12:40 pm
In Orange County, CA.

cybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond repute

Before she got ****ed up, she was amazing. Now she is a train wreck. She will probably get approved or whatever. Her management/record company will see to that.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 12:54 pm
Militant Ginger

Roland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cybersecretary
Before she got ****ed up, she was amazing. Now she is a train wreck. She will probably get approved or whatever. Her management/record company will see to that.
One rule for the famous, another for the rest of us.

Disgraceful.

I was a huge Amy Winehouse fan until I saw her on TV, barely able to stand (let alone sing.)
Old Feb 6th 2008, 12:57 pm
In Orange County, CA.

cybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roland Hulme

Disgraceful.

I was a huge Amy Winehouse fan until I saw her on TV, barely able to stand (let alone sing.)
Its tragic that she has got into that mess. Tragic that anyone could.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute

Is it me or was she pretty overweight when she first came out in the UK? I seem to remember Mark Lamar having a go at her on Never Mind the Buzzcocks...
Old Feb 6th 2008, 3:03 pm

JEM3110 is an unknown quantity at this point

It will be interesting to see if she gets the Visa to come, I just heard that she is being questioned by Police in UK over a video showing her "allegedly" smoking crack cocaine (exposed by The Sun newspaper). So if the investigation is ongoing I can't see how she will make it to the Grammy's??? Unless it's a case of innocent until proven guilty.

Despite all that, I love her talent -my favourite is "Love is a losing game" but I wonder if she can still write and sing as good when she has been through rehab.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 5:29 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roland Hulme

Disgraceful.

saying that, wasn't it Edgar Davids that got refused admittance to the US when Holland had a game against the US because of a previous conviction and the team didn't get him a visa in time....

but anyway, what i'm most impressed with, how she didn't make the top 100 list on the coffin dodgers website
Old Feb 6th 2008, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
saying that, wasn't it Edgar Davids that got refused admittance to the US when Holland had a game against the US because of a previous conviction and the team didn't get him a visa in time....
Not Edgar Davids but Patrick Kluivert, and it was a training tournament with the Dutch team, Milan, Juve and Man U.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.